• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

I think he has and it has coincided again with a bit of competition for his place.

Could be a factor for sure, like you I remember him flourishing after we signed Bentley.

Great to see him get into his stride so quickly after an injury, in the past he's always taken quite a bit of time to get back to his best. Great to see him take on players so often and he's been putting some good passes and crosses into the box.

Making himself undroppable at the moment.

I like it. None are pedestrian in their play. They're decisive and know what they need to do.

EDIT: Regarding AdamB's post of Townsend - Lamela - Lennon behind the striker

Last edited:

just means that we have some healthy competition between players, and we're witnessing lennon upping his game.
and since townsend had been our most exciting player of recent times, it just means we have two of them now, and perhaps AVB will stop tinkering and learn from yesterday's game and give us the speed down the both flanks that we are asking for.

Could be a factor for sure, like you I remember him flourishing after we signed Bentley.

Great to see him get into his stride so quickly after an injury, in the past he's always taken quite a bit of time to get back to his best. Great to see him take on players so often and he's been putting some good passes and crosses into the box.

Making himself undroppable at the moment.

This is the most noticeable change IMO. I felt he had been playing within himself of late. He was taking the safe option nearly all the time, but for whatever reason now he has found his mojo again. He looks a player transformed to me.

Last edited:
This is the most noticeable change IMO. I felt he had been playing within himself of late. He was aking the safe option nearly all the time, but for whatever reason now he has found his mojo again. He looks a player transformed to me.

Him and Walker look very dangerous together, with Walker getting past him on the overlap a few times, even Naughton got forward lastnight too

just means that we have some healthy competition between players, and we're witnessing lennon upping his game.
and since townsend had been our most exciting player of recent times, it just means we have two of them now, and perhaps AVB will stop tinkering and learn from yesterday's game and give us the speed down the both flanks that we are asking for.

Yep fair enough mate agree with that.

Him and Walker look very dangerous together, with Walker getting past him on the overlap a few times, even Naughton got forward lastnight too

Walker is a different player this season. He's actually playing like a 'leader', his runs forward are smarter,he's defensively solid and putting in some excellent performances.

Walker is a different player this season. He's actually playing like a 'leader', his runs forward are smarter,he's defensively solid and putting in some excellent performances.

Somebody posted on twitter since G Nev has become England coach, Walker appears to be really improving and fast, not a coincidence I dont think

i was always worried of the Lennon/Walker partnership and certainly over the past few years it wasn't the best, I sort of felt it hindered Lennon, but this year it's been brilliant. Walker hasn't just run down blind alleys because of his pace like he used to do, he actually knows when to get forward and when he does, usually always puts the ball in the box instead of cutting back and doing nothing, Lennon is cutting inside and actually causing havoc as well as his ability to beat the man and get the ball in. Great to see it from the little man once again!

i was always worried of the Lennon/Walker partnership and certainly over the past few years it wasn't the best, I sort of felt it hindered Lennon, but this year it's been brilliant. Walker hasn't just run down blind alleys because of his pace like he used to do, he actually knows when to get forward and when he does, usually always puts the ball in the box instead of cutting back and doing nothing, Lennon is cutting inside and actually causing havoc as well as his ability to beat the man and get the ball in. Great to see it from the little man once again!

this

Azza is still a key player for us as he showed yesterday. We just look more threatening and balanced with him in our side. Ok his end product could be better but yesterday he was excellent, someone we have really missed. If we can keep him fit then im sure our results will get better as a team. Roll on 2014!

Azza is still a key player for us as he showed yesterday. We just look more threatening and balanced with him in our side. Ok his end product could be better but yesterday he was excellent, someone we have really missed. If we can keep him fit then im sure our results will get better as a team. Roll on 2014!

I agree 100%

And to be fair he laid a few chances on a plate for our guys that they missed. I think he is a player you don't notice you miss until he is not in the side and then comes back in

I agree 100%

And to be fair he laid a few chances on a plate for our guys that they missed. I think he is a player you don't notice you miss until he is not in the side and then comes back in

Yesterday highlighted the big myth about Lennon's delivery, time and time again our players have been guilty of not attacking the box. Yesterday was a perfect Lennon day, he kept the opposition on the back foot, supplied at least two crosses that should have been scored from, supplied a couple of crosses that someone should have gotten to (one where Paulinho was the furthest forward comes to mind) and scored a goal himself (attacking the far post, something both him and Lamela are sometimes guilty of not doing).

Yesterday highlighted the big myth about Lennon's delivery, time and time again our players have been guilty of not attacking the box. Yesterday was a perfect Lennon day, he kept the opposition on the back foot, supplied at least two crosses that should have been scored from, supplied a couple of crosses that someone should have gotten to (one where Paulinho was the furthest forward comes to mind) and scored a goal himself (attacking the far post, something both him and Lamela are sometimes guilty of not doing).

Yet statistics will show that all season he has had one goal and zero assists.

This is why I ****in hate statistics.

Lennon is brilliant - love the little guy

Back