• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A blog! Glass half-empty? Go and join the prawn sandwich phalanx!

Short termism Steff?! Quite the opposite. How sanctimonious can you be?!

I want Spurs to build into the future; I am not looking at this season or the next, I am looking 5 and 10 years hence.

It is you who is short-termist, trying to stretch our squad to win the EL and qualify for the CL in the same year, with the thin squad we have?

You want it all, and you want it now. Not me, YOU.

I want us to forego the short-term goal of winning a trophy now and focus on getting into the CL so that we have the money to invest and improve the squad properly this time, as opposed to repeatedly ****ing up transfer windows.

Long term we need to get used to being able to finish top 4 AND playing around 10 European games a year.
We are preparing for our long term goal right now. Games against the likes of Inter, Lyon and Basel is proper champion's league preparation for our players that have never played in that competition.

Winning the EL is long-termism IMO. In the sense it will attract players from the continent to us (where it's clearly valued higher).

On another note, I'm intrigued how Saudi Sportswashing Machine attract some decent players, what are they actually paying?

Again with the we just had money hanging around in January to spend and a whole bunch of World Class Strikers and Quick Wingers were begging Spurs to come get them ...

Does anybody really believe this?

Good point.

Ah the old im better then you thread.

I have missed the feeling of superiority get i from slagging people off who do not behave the way i think they should behave.

I have missed the feeling of superiority get i from slagging people off who do not behave the way i think they should behave.

That could have been a response to many a thread in Random, what you doing here anyhow? I thought you'd semi retired to make beer out of socks in Purenuristamvia or something. :)

Ha ha, stop lurking in random and write a FRONT PAGE ARTICLE/BLOG about THIS sort of thing then Chich!!!!!!

:)

He did not have the money in Jan. He had 'some'...it was agreed that rather than spend 7-10 on a stop-gap, it'd be better to spend a lump on genuine class in the summer. Remember TV money is greater plus (hopeful) CL money. The key will be IF we can hang on and keep 3rd; that means guaranteed money and that means early summer spend. Otherwise look forward to another August deadline day scramble.

Just imagine how happy everyone would be if we signed a stop gap, but ultimately spent the entire summer haggling over a fee for our new first choice striker, only to miss out because we couldn't afford him or his wages. Not saying that we will as it is, but still.

Just imagine how happy everyone would be if we signed a stop gap, but ultimately spent the entire summer haggling over a fee for our new first choice striker, only to miss out because we couldn't afford him or his wages. Not saying that we will as it is, but still.

Exactly!

Back