• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2023 Women’s World Cup

I never watched the game as I'm not a fan of women's sport, but I saw the last penalty kick and was impressed by the way the England players went to console the Nigerian keeper who was distressed, it's easy to be so wrapped up in your own success to forget your opponents.

Last edited:
It's been amazing having a World Cup in our time zone - the first time in 21 years. Stadiums packed for just about every match, broke the record total attendance before the Round of 16 is done. Give us the men's World Cup please.

I liked the post but for selfish reasons mentioned I'd really hate the men's WC being your way!

England lucky today, again. Madness from Janes as well, being frustrated is no excuse.

Yeah she almost killed her opponent…

Still classed as violent conduct and was straight up disrespectful however you look at it.

It shouldn't even be a question as whether it's a 3 match ban, unfortunately for James and England.

It'd be nice if our Bethany England could get a start, she is an absolute unit!

Can I ask why James is getting so much attention for the red card? I got a BBC news notification on my phone earlier saying she had apologised which she absolutely should but it’s happened more than once in the men’s game, we’ve had players who have done the same and worse and it doesn’t get national news coverage. I’m not defending what she did but it seems like it has got blown out of proportion.

Can I ask why James is getting so much attention for the red card? I got a BBC news notification on my phone earlier saying she had apologised which she absolutely should but it’s happened more than once in the men’s game, we’ve had players who have done the same and worse and it doesn’t get national news coverage. I’m not defending what she did but it seems like it has got blown out of proportion.

Agree, see alot worse and seen it applauded. I suppose they don't associate it in the womens game.

It happening in the men’s game might get a bit more coverage if it were the World Cup though.

In the context of a world cup, it's akin to the Beckham lash-out and Rooney stamp. If it had been in a league game it definitely wouldn't have got more coverage.

It was Beckham level, surprised it’s not been a bigger deal to be honest.

It was stupid and petulant and she’s let herself and her teammates down.

It was Beckham level, surprised it’s not been a bigger deal to be honest.

It was stupid and petulant and she’s let herself and her teammates down.

One thing I have noticed, as the women's game evolved and grown its become alot more cynical and the play acting is not becoming alot more prominent. That lack of that side was on of the real stand outs of the women's game at one point, now its like the mens game for that side of thing

One thing I have noticed, as the women's game evolved and grown its become alot more cynical and the play acting is not becoming alot more prominent. That lack of that side was on of the real stand outs of the women's game at one point, now its like the mens game for that side of thing

because it’s smart football and the laws/officiating drive competitors to it

In the context of a world cup, it's akin to the Beckham lash-out and Rooney stamp. If it had been in a league game it definitely wouldn't have got more coverage.

Yeah I understand the magnitude of the game has made it a bigger story. Was just surprised to see it getting the coverage it did on the national news. Looking at it with a more cynical view, I’d understand if we had lost the game that people would have blamed her for getting sent off and the manner of it.

Australia march on! What an incredible game…crazy penalty shootout and absolutely exhausted after it.

Back