• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015/16 Europa League - Round of 16: Borussia Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also am looking forward to it.

The chance to see the talent at our club is appreciated in any competition, and anyone who thinks the competition is below us needs to get a grip.

Europa nights are also known in our house as T-Bone night.

So the longer we are in the competition the more steak dinners we have. lol

Because of this I don't like going to the 8pm kickoffs.

I also am looking forward to it.

The chance to see the talent at our club is appreciated in any competition, and anyone who thinks the competition is below us needs to get a grip.

I don't think anyone thinks WE are too good for it, but there are some seriously pony teams, most of us deep down would have never heard of some of the teams. It's more the Thursday-Sunday cycle, lack of serious prize money and the quantity of games that puts people off. I'm sure we'd all change our minds if we won it though.

I'm looking forward to it more this year than most years because there may be more of a chance to bed in the likes of Alli, Pritchard, Onomah and co.

It will always be the UEFA Cup to me and I always want to win it. With CL football up for grabs and as I'm not realistically expecting us to get top 4 we have to take this seriously and I'll be telling Mason to make sure the boys know that!!

Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur!!

It will always be the UEFA Cup to me and I always want to win it. With CL football up for grabs and as I'm not realistically expecting us to get top 4 we have to take this seriously and I'll be telling Mason to make sure the boys know that!!

Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur!!

And to give those fans that make the trips away a massive show of appreciation. Perhaps you can get him to write Glory-Glory on a T-shirt to celebrate his next goal!

Ah! The 2006/07 season, unforgettable.

The emergence of Berba, EL games worth watching, finally beating Chel53a, the team scoring over 100 goals, the style of football in itself.

Happy memories :)

I actually loved that period. Jol was a man who every Spurs fan was truly behind, no vocal minorites or disenchanted majorities. Had so many games where we scored lots of goals, was unbelievable having Berba & Keane starting with Defoe on the bench.

Was sad when we were playing against Getafe and found out through the stands that he'd lost his job, the tears in Jol's face showed how deeply he loved the club and in the end noone was talking about the result.

Random question but how come liverpool are in group stages? Thought the whole 6-1 drubbing at Stoke and them finishing 6th meant they went in to 3rd qualifying round

Random question but how come liverpool are in group stages? Thought the whole 6-1 drubbing at Stoke and them finishing 6th meant they went in to 3rd qualifying round

In true 'Liverpool's luck' style it all changed this season. IIRC. Cup Winners and 5th place went straight into the Group Stages with 6th place stating in the 3rd quals(as opposed to previous when only the Cup winners did).
As Arsenal won the FA Cup, 6th place got given the Group Stage slot and 7th took the 3rd qual slot.
Had Villa won the cup, Liverpool would have had to qualify and Soton would have not qualified

I actually loved that period. Jol was a man who every Spurs fan was truly behind, no vocal minorites or disenchanted majorities. Had so many games where we scored lots of goals, was unbelievable having Berba & Keane starting with Defoe on the bench.

Was sad when we were playing against Getafe and found out through the stands that he'd lost his job, the tears in Jol's face showed how deeply he loved the club and in the end noone was talking about the result.

Agree.

People say we would have not 'kicked-on' as a club with Jol in charge. Debatable, but we will never ever know that for 100%. One things for sure, going to the Lane doing his tenure was an enjoyable time. The Redknapp years got near it even moreso with the CL campaign, but for me the buzz around the Lane when BMJ was in charge was awesome.
I still believe to this day that had we held on for a memorable 2-1 win at Anfield (and no conceded a late equaliser) shortly before the Getafe match, he would have got longer in the job

I think we have more than enough in terms of our fringe players and youngsters to play certainly the away fixtures in the group stage. Vorm, Davies, Wimmer, Veljkovic, Yedlin/Trippier, Onomah, Alli, Pritchard, Carroll plus a forward. It will give them some very good experience as well and if we have managed to get into a good position then I would play them generally in the home fixtures too.

It would be good to get to the latter stages of this years competition, personally outside the league finish I think it should be our priority.

Pot 1: Schalke (GER), Dortmund (GER), Basel (SUI), Napoli (ITA), Tottenham (ENG), Ajax (NED), Villarreal (ESP), Rubin Kazan (RUS), Athletic Bilbao (ESP), Sporting (POR), Marseille (FRA), Dnipro (UKR)

Pot 2: Braga (POR), Fiorentina (ITA), Lazio (ITA), Anderlecht (BEL), Liverpool (ENG), Alkmaar (NED), Viktoria Plzen (CZE), Club Brugge (BEL), PAOK (GRE), Celtic (SCO), Besiktas (TUR), APOEL Nicosia (CYP)

Pot 3: Monaco (FRA), Sparta Praha (CZE), Fenerbache (TUR), Legia Warzawa (POL), Bordeaux (FRA), Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS), Lech Poznan (POL), St. Etienne (FRA), Liberec (CZE), Augsburg (GER), Rapid Wien (AUT), Krasnodar (RUS)

Pot 4: Partizan Belgrade (SRB), Asteras (GRE), Belenenses (POR), Rosenborg (NOR), Garabag Agdam (AZE), Molde (NOR), Dinamo Minsk (BLS), Groningen (NED) Sion (SUI), Midtjylland (DEN), Skenderbeu (ALB), Gabala (AZE)

Draw is on Friday at 12 pm.

Brugge, Sparta Praha and Rosenborg would be an easy enough group, great away days and no long travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back