• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

He's been phenomenal! Played virtually every game, and hasn't had a bad one yet. Player of the year contender.

Disagree

Leiceter at home he was ok but it was his fault we conceded

I agree that he has been outstanding for us but that game ended up a mare because of his error

He's been phenomenal! Played virtually every game, and hasn't had a bad one yet. Player of the year contender.

Agreed. Quite a tight race for Spurs player of the year. Vertonghen, Rose, Kane or Wanyama could all win it and Eriksen has been different class since December.

Last edited:
As it stand at the moment he would get my vote for POY, there are others who have been outstanding Toby, Jan, Rose , Eriksen but he would get my vote.

He has had a great season, however there have been several games when he has not done so good and the ones I mentioned above have been more consistent for me.
Gulp! 19 goals - and a fair few of them stunners at that - yet he doesn't even make the shortlist?

Wow tough crowd.

Gulp! 19 goals - and a fair few of them stunners at that - yet he doesn't even make the shortlist?

Wow tough crowd.

Not really, you could make a case for most of our players this season but that would be pointless. At the end of the day fans will make a choice on what they consider to be the winner and as i said Wanyama has been our most consistent player and would get my vote. Of course you may think otherwise. :)

Not really, you could make a case for most of our players this season but that would be pointless. At the end of the day fans will make a choice on what they consider to be the winner and as i said Wanyama has been our most consistent player and would get my vote. Of course you may think otherwise. :)
It's not your choice of PotS I'm questioning it's your shortlist. Agree we have a long list of candidates, but in a season when so many have been outstanding surely a longer shortlist is justified.

Besides I'd disagree that Kane has been poor in more games than most others on your shortlist, Wanyama excepted. Even when he is not scoring he always puts in a shift. Jimm Greaves was famous for disappearing in certain games but then coming up with the winner. Scoring is what it's all about and it takes a very special talent to do it so consistently.

Finally, when was the last time we had a striker score so many hat-tricks? Surely those must go some way towards tipping the balance back in his favour?

It's not your choice of PotS I'm questioning it's your shortlist. Agree we have a long list of candidates, but in a season when so many have been outstanding surely a longer shortlist is justified.

Besides I'd disagree that Kane has been poor in more games than most others on your shortlist, Wanyama excepted. Even when he is not scoring he always puts in a shift. Jimm Greaves was famous for disappearing in certain games but then coming up with the winner. Scoring is what it's all about and it takes a very special talent to do it so consistently.

Finally, when was the last time we had a striker score so many hat-tricks? Surely those must go some way towards tipping the balance back in his favour?

Stop! Hammer time mate, you vote for Kane if you wish my vote will go elsewhere. This is not a debate on how big or how short a shortlist should be. :)

Will have missed over a 1/3rd of the season

Harsh but you have to recognise players who have been excellent for more games IMO
Okay so I'm in a minority of one but I still say 19 goals in just 22 games just HAS to put him in the reckoning. It's crazy to dismiss his incredible contribution so lightly. Putting the ball in the back of the net is the most difficult skill in football - just ask VJ. Think about it - if Harry had been out for the majority of the season where would we be now? Certainly not second and quite possibly 6th.

It just feels to me like his true value to us is no longer being fully appreciated by Spurs fans. That some are even starting to take him for granted.

Okay so I'm in a minority of one but I still say 19 goals in just 22 games just HAS to put him in the reckoning. It's crazy to dismiss his incredible contribution so lightly. Putting the ball in the back of the net is the most difficult skill in football - just ask VJ. Think about it - if Harry had been out for the majority of the season where would we be now? Certainly not second and quite possibly 6th.

It just feels to me like his true value to us is no longer being fully appreciated by Spurs fans. That some are even starting to take him for granted.

Well Alli has scored loads and will possibly overtake Harry and son has scored plenty too so they should be up there

In reality we have had such a high standard this season it's hard to choose

Wanyama's played a lot of football, I wouldn't mind Dier in his place with Dembele and Wimmer in the back 3 against the Swans. Hope it is alright, we need players back for the run in. Winks looks like he's out for a while. Was increasingly Poch's go to guy to keep ball in the middle, ideal as a sub.

Looked to me like Vertonghen called for it, so Wanyama stayed on the deck to let Vertonghen head it. Meanwhile Barnes came flying in to (fairly) challenge Vertonghen, and his (usual, protective) knee went into Wanyama's back. I know from experience that can be astonishingly painful. Am still surprised he didn't just play through the pain, I thought he was made of Iroko (African hard wood).

Wanyama's played a lot of football, I wouldn't mind Dier in his place with Dembele and Wimmer in the back 3 against the Swans. Hope it is alright, we need players back for the run in. Winks looks like he's out for a while. Was increasingly Poch's go to guy to keep ball in the middle, ideal as a sub.

Would be interesting to see Dembele in the back 3 but I would rather have him in midfield, I would give the lad carter-vickers or wimmer a chance in a back 3.

Back