• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

yh a part of the game that is out of the control of the players. ie. luck.

theres an infinite number of variables that are not humanly possible to control in football. and we can define these factors as luck. thats why the best team doesnt always win, and why leicester are top of the table now. to suggest theres no luck in football is ridiculous

Of course that is true. What I do not accept is that one club gets all of the good luck and another gets all of the bad club.

I am sure that fans of every club can reel off the decisions that went against them or the points the dropped when they should have won.

Just seen the scum scored in the 95th. Typical :) Still maybe Leicester are the team to watch as they don't have any cups games. If that proves to be the case, this was a good result. That said I'm desperate to finish above the goons for once. If we do, it might mean winning the league. Which would be nice.

ha, if I was offered that or us winning the league i'm not sure what i'd take

who am I kidding, everyone knows what i'd go for, I fudgeing hate them
Why do you hate Liverpool so much just out of interest? I disliked them since the Suarez racism incident where all the players were wearing t-shirts but I find it hard to dislike them as much as Wham, Chelsea or Arsenal.

Of course that is true. What I do not accept is that one club gets all of the good luck and another gets all of the bad club.

I am sure that fans of every club can reel off the decisions that went against them or the points the dropped when they should have won.
We do seem to get shafted by the goons an awful lot, food poisoning on the last day of 06, dodgy keeper on the last day in 12 etc etc. Especially so since Wenger has been in charge. It would be great to finish in the champs league places don't get me wrong but if we are still in the run in for the title in April / May it will still be hard to take if those bastards get one over us again. You can talk all about difference in resources and wages but it will still be a crushing blow. Almost better to not be in the run in.

correct. but to assume that over the course of a season there has been an even distribution of good and bad luck to clubs is plain wrong. every season, a number of clubs will have a lot more things go their way in crucial situations than against, and vice versa.

which is why luck plays a massive role in determining football results.

correct. but to assume that over the course of a season there has been an even distribution of good and bad luck to clubs is plain wrong. every season, a number of clubs will have a lot more things go their way in crucial situations than against, and vice versa.

which is why luck plays a massive role in determining football results.

There's no denying that events beyond a team's control have a hand in results.

What I was arguing against is that Arsenal are a lucky club and we are an unlucky one. It is nonsense and a defeatist attitude.

We do seem to get shafted by the goons an awful lot, food poisoning on the last day of 06, dodgy keeper on the last day in 12 etc etc. Especially so since Wenger has been in charge. It would be great to finish in the champs league places don't get me wrong but if we are still in the run in for the title in April / May it will still be hard to take if those bastards get one over us again. You can talk all about difference in resources and wages but it will still be a crushing blow. Almost better to not be in the run in.

Also Chelsea winning cl in last min to deny us a place in it

Redknapp England talk derailing our season.

Something always goes wrong hence I warn people to not get carried away with us

Arsenal have got the upper hand most of the time during Wenger's time in charge because they have been better than us for most of that time.

Why do you hate Liverpool so much just out of interest? I disliked them since the Suarez racism incident where all the players were wearing t-shirts but I find it hard to dislike them as much as Wham, Chelsea or Arsenal.

i've been surrounded by them my whole life, which is quite a feet as i've never lived further north than cambridge

the delusion, the condescension, the excuses, the expectation and sadly the violence, all with a hollier than thou veneer

after nearly four decades of their bleeting I just can't take any more

Arsenal have got the upper hand most of the time during Wenger's time in charge because they have been better than us for most of that time.
Not sure I can agree in 2006 and since 2010 I think we have been pretty even until 2013 I would say, when their superior spending power has seen them overtake us.

i've been surrounded by them my whole life, which is quite a feet as i've never lived further north than cambridge

the delusion, the condescension, the excuses, the expectation and sadly the violence, all with a hollier than thou veneer

Ok fair play I can see that. You forgot the accent by the way which makes my ears bleed.

Not sure I can agree in 2006 and since 2010 I think we have been pretty even until 2013 I would say, when their superior spending power has seen them overtake us.

They are more experienced than us. Whilst they have had their obvious weaknesses, I think that on the whole they have probably had more attacking options than us.

You wanna try working with them.

Fri pm - conversation with one of them.
Why am I interested in the Arsenal-Leicester match?
"Because the outcome might decide if we stand a chance of winning the league or not"
"Why bother, you cant win the league"
"Didnt say we would, I said to see if we stand a chance"
"You dont stand a chance"
"Hang on, we are 2nd level with Arsenal and 2pts of ahead of City. They have a chance to win it, so we must too"
"No. they can win it because they are better, you are just sh#t"

At that point I told him the conversation was over as all I could hear was b@llocks

Back