• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Indeed. He wrote it as a film script 10 years ago, was shopping it around, and Steven Soderberg told him it would work better as a miniseries.

Which enabled him to really flesh it out more. Its now very much a character driven piece that takes its time to allow the characters to drive the story.

I thought it was excellent.

I liked Godless as well, a bit Tarantinoesque at times,
especially the scene out in Blackwood which ends up in a gun fight

Did anyone notice a lot of the music sounds like Red hot chili peppers' Otherside? Trying to find a clip but no luck yet.

Anyone here watch Ozark? Just starting watching on Netflix

Yeah thought it was great

Just finishing up Halt and Catch Fire which for me has some of the best characters I’ve seen on TV

And my perosnal favourite this year is Narcos which I watched series two in a day

Yep just finished series 1, pretty decent and tense I thought. Some of the characters have a lot of potential for future development and the 2 main leads are very good.

Yep just raced through it. Can’t wait until the new series ( there has to be one anyway), not sure when it will come out though.
Last 2 episodes(9&10) were particularly good

Narcos is a must, some great characters in there. Got to love Pena and Don Berna.

There's also a series on Discovery at the moment on Tuesday nights at 9pm called finding Escobar's millions with 2 ex CIA agents going back to Medellin round his old haunts to see if they can find old money that was buried - they reckon there's over a billion buried in various places.

Narcos is great, one of the best shows of the past few years I think.

I tried watching Godless, my mrs was watching it. But I couldn't get into it, I kept thinking how much better Deadwood is (Deadwood is one of my all-time favourite TV programs).

I tried watching Godless, my mrs was watching it. But I couldn't get into it, I kept thinking how much better Deadwood is (Deadwood is one of my all-time favourite TV programs).

Tend to agree about Godless, i have just watched it all the way through and in most parts found it a bit slow for me. As for Deadwood it was great and i have watched it through on several occasions.

Its a bit of a slow burn. Essentially 6 episodes of character development and then a finale. One of those you have to be in the mood for, a little patient.

Most certainly worth giving another chance though, just at the right time if you know what I mean?

Narcos is great, one of the best shows of the past few years I think.

Tend to agree about Godless, i have just watched it all the way through and in most parts found it a bit slow for me. As for Deadwood it was great and i have watched it through on several occasions.

Looks like Deadwood might finally be getting a movie to wrap up a few loose ends...

http://deadline.com/2017/11/deadwood-hbo-movie-david-milch-ian-mcshane-casey-bloys-1202206774/

Right up there with Band of Brothers and Rome as HBO’s finest historical dramas imho.

Back