• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I finally made it past episode 3 of Mad Men, and enjoy the show a lot. It's not super exciting and moves along kind of slow, but it's really well made, and the acting is great. Watching one episode per day is just about right. Good show.

Munched through all three series of Red Oaks,excellent comedy excellent characters and storyline...they say its finished now, a pity hopefully they do some more as it set in the 80's so plenty of scope to carry on....

The Electric Dreams series on Channel 4 Sunday nights is providing some interesting adaptations of Philip K dingdong stories. Varying degrees of success but mainly worth watching.

Enjoy House of Cards while you can.

Always really enjoyed Kevin Spacey as an actor and as theatre goers myself and the wife saw some of his productions. But rightly his career is over.

Enjoy House of Cards while you can.

Always really enjoyed Kevin Spacey as an actor and as theatre goers myself and the wife saw some of his productions. But rightly his career is over.

Netflix have announced this will be the last season of the show (6th season) but I think it was going to be anyway.

The Electric Dreams series on Channel 4 Sunday nights is providing some interesting adaptations of Philip K dingdong stories. Varying degrees of success but mainly worth watching.

Watched two and I thought they were great at world building, some very good ideas and then really poor endings.

Watched two and I thought they were great at world building, some very good ideas and then really poor endings.

A lot are very much inspired by his stories rather than being TV versions of them.
And I suppose that what was pretty original at the time of his writing has now been rehashed and re-invented enough that much of the freshness has been lost.

There's also the constraint of fitting everything into a single episode, there's always going to be varying degrees of success depending on the story, the message and the characters involved.

A lot are very much inspired by his stories rather than being TV versions of them.
And I suppose that what was pretty original at the time of his writing has now been rehashed and re-invented enough that much of the freshness has been lost.

There's also the constraint of fitting everything into a single episode, there's always going to be varying degrees of success depending on the story, the message and the characters involved.
I think they suffer as I compare them to Black Mirror and in all likely hood only the better ones I remember rather than the ones that missed. I did feel the first one the ending seemed tagged on it felt rushed. The second one just didn't really go anywhere.

I wanted to like them and as I said they did some things really well, there were good ideas at the heart of both stories. Overall though I watched one 2 weeks ago and have had no desire to watch the next as yet.

Back