• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Balague has been visiting the training ground regularly for a whole season to do interviews with Poch and others. I don't think this book would be coming out if the club found it problematic.
No one is questioning the club have allowed it to be published at this time. People are wondering why they think it's a good idea to. Revealling insights into how he coaches, certain players behaviours that aren't necessarily showing them in a good light - how does this benefit anyone at Spurs?

If I was Dier I would be unsettled by this, Poch has been the ultimate pro till this and now dorty laundry in public. Not ideal.

The story about dier shows how things can get twisted.
Eric and Jose chat as they always do, press report it as taping and dier is leaving.

Walker and whoever did the Jose chant can do one.

Considering the players have been interviewed as well, they shouldn't be too shocked to see what will appear.

Also wondering if this is actually some form of power play by Poch. I think he puts a lot of stock into psychologically, what it means to be a leader, to show who the boss is, to get his version of events out there maybe. I'm totally guessing, but I just have to believe it was a calculated move by Poch to allow this to happen.

Maybe it's to get a real record of events out there. For instance, him saying 'maybe it's a Mourinho standard move' with Dier paints Mourinho in a bad light. And all the while Poch is looking like the guy rolling with the punches, pulling the puppet strings and making the best decisions for the club. I actually have no idea whether what I'm saying is right, but someone as thoughtful as Poch simply must have thought this through.

Watch us lose 3-0 today now as the players down tools. Kidding...but this book really does bring home how important it is to have focus on the pitch. A blind man could tell something was up with Walker when the rumours started, and also that the team trusted him less. A very obvious distraction that affected us. Similarly Poch makes it clear players started caring more about England, and about contract negotiations when we ended up in third and again you could tell we stopped running as hard and doing what got us there.

Maybe the players don't like this but really it's nothing so bad. And also, it's pretty funny how every player Poch has bowled out of the club is in a much worse place now (Paulinho had to go to China first so let's excuse him). But the players that probably caused him the most grief, e.g. Kaboul, Ade, Capoue, had chances to be with us and totally blew it. Walker is the only exception and I don't know how we spin this to stop other players wanting to make the same move...all in all very interesting that the book is out there.

The actual content of these articles doesn’t reveal personal details about the players, it is purely related to football matters and nothing in there was a surprise; it was merely confirmation of what we already knew. So I don’t think it is especially controversial content. Of course, it is difficult to assess whether players will see it as a breach of trust.

The actual content of these articles doesn’t reveal personal details about the players, it is purely related to football matters and nothing in there was a surprise; it was merely confirmation of what we already knew. So I don’t think it is especially controversial content. Of course, it is difficult to assess whether players will see it as a breach of trust.
This was exactly my point when referencing Danny's Rose, what he said wasn't particularly controversial and what we already knew but he got absolutely slaughtered for it and I knew because it's Poch everyone is going to be more forgiving and find excuses for it and spin it positively. Specifically to this Poch book for those who don't think it's a negative, I can't agree but even if that was the case there's not really a way in which it's of benefit so I still fail to see the point of doing it now....

This was exactly my point when referencing Danny's Rose, what he said wasn't particularly controversial and what we already knew but he got absolutely slaughtered for it and I knew because it's Poch everyone is going to be more forgiving and find excuses for it and spin it positively. Specifically to this Poch book for those who don't think it's a negative, I can't agree but even if that was the case there's not really a way in which it's of benefit so I still fail to see the point of doing it now....

Why now? Christmas sales.

I'll venture a guess and say that was agreed upon before work even started.

from a communications point of view, this is an opportunity to put forward some ideas/thoguts directly from the club, instead of the gossip and unverified reports in the press. like it or not in the absence of any information, something else fills it - reliable or not.

As for the players i am sure that THFC is run professionally enough that that the players and staff also get a brief about the book - and be higlighted to the areas they should talk about, and the contentious areas. Consequently they should be briefed sufficiently so that the whole thing will resemble a an ambitious PR exercise. just in time to boost season ticket sales before our hulking new stadium comes online in a matter of months now.

There is no guarantee's that some of the content in the book has not been twisted or taken out of context. Balague is known for chatting brick anyway.

Pochettino is excellent at man management, judging what players need and how they will react. I'm sure considerable thought has gone in to this.

Hopefully it's a reinforcement of what his values are so the current and future players are in no doubt about what is required. In a way it's quite nice that he isn't afraid of putting those values forward, as if telling our players what is required might make them leave.

Also, how utterly rotten did our spirit have to be before Poch turned up for one of our own players to literally chant the name of the manager that just beat us in a couple final, right in the assistant's face? Jesus Christ, what an absolutely embarrassing and frankly bemusing disgrace.

A longer piece from last weekend where he talks about Bielsa, getting Harry Kane into shape, Alli, Chelsea and quotes from the players as well.

And this bit from Levy:

We haven’t really discussed the money that is available. It’s not a secret, it will eventually be between Mauricio and me. We wouldn’t go public on it.

Mauricio is very aware that firstly we have a huge capital project [Tottenham’s new stadium] that we’re embarking upon. For two seasons we have been competing for the title, but it’s unlikely that we can improve our starting XI without spending a huge sum of money and actually I don’t think that either I or Mauricio want to be in that model.

It’s a huge responsibility. We’re a big club but it’s run as a proper club, we are self-sufficient. If we make a £60million investment in a player, that means somebody else is going to be affected in our starting XI and, if we make a mistake, it’s very costly. If you look at some stats, particularly for the 2016–17 season — the best defensive record, scored more goals than any other team, best goal difference in our history, youngest squad in the Premier League — you realise we can only aim to improve the squad overall.

I have always said to him that I want him to be a partner, that when he signed a contract for five years — which was a massive commitment for the club — it was on the basis that we were really going to commit to each other.

I want Mauricio to be the Sir Alex Ferguson of Tottenham Hotspur and he has the most fantastic opportunity to be that. I have confidence that he can do it. We’re so aligned in where we want to be.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t interest in Mauricio from other clubs because it means we are doing well. He’s never given me any indication that he’d like to leave. He loves the project and he once sent me a picture of Bill Nicholson — our most famous manager from years ago — holding the fronts of the gates of the stadium. They are very historic gates and we’re keeping them at the new stadium. I replied, ‘One day it is going to be you,’ because that really is what I aspire to.

I would love nothing more than Mauricio still to be our manager in 10 to 15 years’ time. To really build success you need time, longevity. It’s easy to go and become a manager at Real Madrid, for instance. It’s a fantastic club, don’t get me wrong, but winning at Tottenham Hotspur is far greater than winning at Real Madrid — and he agrees.

Mauricio wants this sense of achievement, this recognition, to be the main guy. And at this club, he can be the main guy.

At some other clubs, the president is the main guy but that’s not how it is here. I’m so low key, I want him to be the main guy. Him. Sometimes it’s nice to be given something when you are not expecting it, like the Bentley I gave him as a sign of appreciation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...2/Tottenham-boss-Pochettino-Kane-warrior.html

A longer piece from last weekend where he talks about Bielsa, getting Harry Kane into shape, Alli, Chelsea and quotes from the players as well.

And this bit from Levy:

We haven’t really discussed the money that is available. It’s not a secret, it will eventually be between Mauricio and me. We wouldn’t go public on it.

Mauricio is very aware that firstly we have a huge capital project [Tottenham’s new stadium] that we’re embarking upon. For two seasons we have been competing for the title, but it’s unlikely that we can improve our starting XI without spending a huge sum of money and actually I don’t think that either I or Mauricio want to be in that model.

It’s a huge responsibility. We’re a big club but it’s run as a proper club, we are self-sufficient. If we make a £60million investment in a player, that means somebody else is going to be affected in our starting XI and, if we make a mistake, it’s very costly. If you look at some stats, particularly for the 2016–17 season — the best defensive record, scored more goals than any other team, best goal difference in our history, youngest squad in the Premier League — you realise we can only aim to improve the squad overall.

I have always said to him that I want him to be a partner, that when he signed a contract for five years — which was a massive commitment for the club — it was on the basis that we were really going to commit to each other.

I want Mauricio to be the Sir Alex Ferguson of Tottenham Hotspur and he has the most fantastic opportunity to be that. I have confidence that he can do it. We’re so aligned in where we want to be.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t interest in Mauricio from other clubs because it means we are doing well. He’s never given me any indication that he’d like to leave. He loves the project and he once sent me a picture of Bill Nicholson — our most famous manager from years ago — holding the fronts of the gates of the stadium. They are very historic gates and we’re keeping them at the new stadium. I replied, ‘One day it is going to be you,’ because that really is what I aspire to.

I would love nothing more than Mauricio still to be our manager in 10 to 15 years’ time. To really build success you need time, longevity. It’s easy to go and become a manager at Real Madrid, for instance. It’s a fantastic club, don’t get me wrong, but winning at Tottenham Hotspur is far greater than winning at Real Madrid — and he agrees.

Mauricio wants this sense of achievement, this recognition, to be the main guy. And at this club, he can be the main guy.

At some other clubs, the president is the main guy but that’s not how it is here. I’m so low key, I want him to be the main guy. Him. Sometimes it’s nice to be given something when you are not expecting it, like the Bentley I gave him as a sign of appreciation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...2/Tottenham-boss-Pochettino-Kane-warrior.html
All of this Levy stuff came out a few weeks back.

I can't remember when it was I read this, but it was mentioned that Poch was interested in playing without a DM and a back 3.

Today proved that with a well drilled midfield we can do it. I was surprised to see the 3 in there we had, but it worked.

A few games being drilled in this and we may see more dominant displays.

Back