• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Choose your CB pairing now the window is closed

Which CB pairing?

• Kaboul & Chiriches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaboul & Dier

• Fazio & Kaboul

• Fazio & Chiriches

• Dier & Chiriches

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Superhudd

Simon Davies
Kaboul & Vertonghen
Kaboul & Chiriches
Kaboul & Dier
Fazio & Kaboul
Fazio & Vertonghen
Fazio & Chiriches
Fazio & Dier
Dier & Vertonhen
Dier & Chiriches

Fazio and Vertonghen. But with Dier & Chiriches ready to replace the first choices if their form is poor.

Fazio and Vertonghen for me, I don't even care that he hasn't played yet. Give him the season to play himself in as long as he isn't a complete disaster. Kaboul should never play against the better sides ever again. As soon as he pressured a little he panics and makes errors over and over.

I'd go for Dier and Vertonghen at the minute. I've never seen Fazio play, Kaboul is way past it now and while Chiriches is a cultured centre-back who is tidy on the ball i always feel there is a mistake in him.

Fazio & Vertonghen

Hopefully Fazio will be good. I think that Kaboul gives the ball away too often and makes too many mistakes, especially against top teams (e.g. the match against Liverpool). Wouldn't mind if against teams with Agüero, Alexis etc. type of striker we will play with a pair Vertonghen & Chiriches . While Walker is injured, I prefer Dier as a right back.

Last edited:
Got to be Fazio and Verts.

Dier to understudy Fazio. Chiriches to understudy Verts.

Kaboul is finished at this level sadly.

i vote for Fazio and Dier

he's not afraid to attack those headers unlike verts. happy to shift verts to LB until he decides to learn to head the ball.

I think we all need to see Fazio play before making a proper call.

This, some sanity ffs people ....

Verts is the only known first choice
Dier likely to get an extended run at RB with Kyle out even more
We assume Fazio was brought in as first choice, but no idea

My hope is Poch creates a second pairing, CB's need to understand each other

one pair for EPL - Vert/Fazio (as example)
second for Cups - Kaboul/Vlad
Could also pair the FBs with them, Naughton/Davies, Dier/Rose

Am I the only one that isn't all that impressed with Vertonghen? Don't really see what he brings that should make him first choice.

Fazio and Vertonghen for me, I don't even care that he hasn't played yet. Give him the season to play himself in as long as he isn't a complete disaster. Kaboul should never play against the better sides ever again. As soon as he pressured a little he panics and makes errors over and over.

I hate this kind of statement. Kaboul is still coming back from a lengthy injury. He is struggling a bit at the moment but that could just be confidence and match sharpness. I agree that Fazio should be in the team ahead of him but to write him off on scant evidence seems silly to me.

This has come far too soon, very few of us have ever seen Fazio play, and very few of us have seen enough of Dier at CB.

Spot on.

By all accounts he's fairly slow, and Vertonghen isn't exactly speedy. Let's see him play before making assumptions on our best CB pairing.

Pace is overrated if your reading of the game is good. That was highlighted as Fazios strength. It will be Fazio and Vertonghen. Would be dumb to think otherwise

Back