• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

"It's ignorance!" Jose Fonte responds to West Ham co-owner David Sullivan's shock transfer claims
Sullivan claimed that his own family tried to talk him out of signing Fonte and the Portuguese international isn't impressed

By Aaron Flanagan

Jose Fonte has accused West Ham co-owner of being ignorant after revealing that his kids did not want the defender to sign for the club.

In an interview last week, Sullivan remarkably revealed that his own family tried to talk him out of acquiring the Portuguese international from Southampton, as well as Robert Snodgrass from Hull last January.

But Sullivan, who plays a major role in transfer dealings at the London Stadium, went ahead with both deals.

"I'm very involved with physically bringing in the players," Sullivan told the Guardian.

"I'm not involved in the strategy. The manager said he wanted Fonte from Southampton and [Robert] Snodgrass from Hull. My kids begged me not to sign them."

Fonte, who cost the Hammers £8million, has admitted that he was surprised by the comments.

The centre-back is currently sidelined with an ankle injury, but insists that he will keep his head down and work hard for new boss David Moyes.

"It's ignorance," he told the Telegraph . "I'm not going to say anything. It's not going to change who I am. It's not going to change what I do.

"I'm going to keep being the good professional that I am. I am going to keep working hard to try and help my teammates and the manager. What has been said has no effect on me or who I am."

Fonte, however, insists that the comments might not lead to him departing West Ham.

He said: "That decision is not for me. I am 33 years of age. I have 500 or 600 appearances. I know what I have done in football. I know how hard I have to work to be in this position. It makes no difference to me. I will still continue to be the same guy I have always been."

Of course not. Best case scenario is that they do a bit of a job for us by taking points from the other top 6, and still get relegated :D

Yeah I've been hoping exactly this....mind you Post Match Pint is a lot more fun after they've been tonked by everton

What Sullivan is not taking into account that it cost more to watch Les Mis up the west end than to see Bert Trubshaw and his trio down the Rose & Crown and that one's in a modern stadium and the other's is on council estate.

Hahaha that has cracked me up so much, good one.

The thing is its supply and demand, West Ham can't fill the stands with their low cost affordable football either.

Sullivan is not being honest in his interview, if they could fill the stadium with tickets costing 3x the current costs he would, they can't so they build a picture of a club for the fans and community. Whats funny is that its also backfired on them, firstly the season tickets are so cheap that their fans purchased in some cases 4 for them and families and don't use them due to the utter guff football. To a man my mates have a season ticket and nearly all of them knock the games and offer their tickets out.

The fighting in the stands is a real problem, the club try and gloss over it but its a fact, I had a free ticket midweek and went and it was rife, so many issues.

"It's ignorance!" Jose Fonte responds to West Ham co-owner David Sullivan's shock transfer claims
Sullivan claimed that his own family tried to talk him out of signing Fonte and the Portuguese international isn't impressed

By Aaron Flanagan

Jose Fonte has accused West Ham co-owner of being ignorant after revealing that his kids did not want the defender to sign for the club.

In an interview last week, Sullivan remarkably revealed that his own family tried to talk him out of acquiring the Portuguese international from Southampton, as well as Robert Snodgrass from Hull last January.

But Sullivan, who plays a major role in transfer dealings at the London Stadium, went ahead with both deals.

"I'm very involved with physically bringing in the players," Sullivan told the Guardian.

"I'm not involved in the strategy. The manager said he wanted Fonte from Southampton and [Robert] Snodgrass from Hull. My kids begged me not to sign them."

Fonte, who cost the Hammers £8million, has admitted that he was surprised by the comments.

The centre-back is currently sidelined with an ankle injury, but insists that he will keep his head down and work hard for new boss David Moyes.

"It's ignorance," he told the Telegraph . "I'm not going to say anything. It's not going to change who I am. It's not going to change what I do.

"I'm going to keep being the good professional that I am. I am going to keep working hard to try and help my teammates and the manager. What has been said has no effect on me or who I am."

Fonte, however, insists that the comments might not lead to him departing West Ham.

He said: "That decision is not for me. I am 33 years of age. I have 500 or 600 appearances. I know what I have done in football. I know how hard I have to work to be in this position. It makes no difference to me. I will still continue to be the same guy I have always been."
It's incredible how that midget manages to alienate both fans and players every time he opens his mouth!

I have great sympathy for West Ham fans, I've never bought into this rivalry thing and neither have many of the Hammers fans I know. They want their Club to be challange at the top of the league but they don't want them to change into the metropolitan profile the owners want. They see it as club steeped in the local area despite all of them moving out to Essex and Herts and don't want fine dining or candy floss, just decent toilets and local pub to go to before and after the match. Unfortunately the game now want mugs with money to spend on merchandising and overpriced catering, I expect our new stadium will be more for the modern fan than my generation and the sooner I pop my clogs the better so that my season ticket can be sold at full price.

I have great sympathy for West Ham fans, I've never bought into this rivalry thing and neither have many of the Hammers fans I know. They want their Club to be challange at the top of the league but they don't want them to change into the metropolitan profile the owners want. They see it as club steeped in the local area despite all of them moving out to Essex and Herts and don't want fine dining or candy floss, just decent toilets and local pub to go to before and after the match. Unfortunately the game now want mugs with money to spend on merchandising and overpriced catering, I expect our new stadium will be more for the modern fan than my generation and the sooner I pop my clogs the better so that my season ticket can be sold at full price.

Not too sure about that mate. Most spammers that I meet, hate us. Some have actually told me they would take relegation if they could beat us home and away. Never used to understand it. I have only disliked them since the “lasagnegate”game in 2006.

Not too sure about that mate. Most spammers that I meet, hate us. Some have actually told me they would take relegation if they could beat us home and away. Never used to understand it. I have only disliked them since the “lasagnegate”game in 2006.

I'm positive about that as I've know them for years, of course they are all over 50 so their opinion counts for nothing.

Yea agreed, the “rivalry” is completely made up by the West Ham fans, it’s their rivalry, not ours.

Back