• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

Stoke were shockingly bad. Hughes will be out of work soon. If they fail to pick up over Christmas he will be gone.

AND, Arnautovic was playing like a man possessed. Without question that is going to be a short lived phenomenon.

West Ham look more solid, for sure. And are working harder, for sure. A couple of bad results though and you know theyll collapse again.

Moyes had to get it right one day its the law of averages.
Sparky could soon be Sparko!

Last edited:
David Moyes says he could manage any team in the world - and wants to prove it at West Ham.

Since the Scot was appointed Hammers boss last month, the team have moved out of the relegation zone and are unbeaten in their past three games.

Saturday's 3-0 defeat of Stoke followed a victory over champions Chelsea and a draw against Arsenal.

"I think I'm capable of doing the job at any club in the world so I'm sure I can do it at West Ham," he said.

West Ham are 15th in the Premier League and travel to Arsenal on Tuesday for a Carabao Cup quarter-final.

"I have to come here and show I can do it," said Moyes. "You have to come and show what you can do. Your reputation doesn't stand for anything.

"You have to come here and try to get up and show you're capable of doing the job."

Moyes, 54, is rebuilding his reputation after unsuccessful spells in charge of Manchester United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland.

Having started his managerial career at Preston, he finished in the top eight nine times at Everton and was voted LMA Manager of the Year three times during an 11-year spell at the club from 2002 to 2013.

Moyes was picked by fellow Scot Sir Alex Ferguson to succeed him as Manchester United boss and signed a six-year deal with the then Premier League champions in 2013.

However, he was sacked 10 months later with United seventh in the table.

Moyes' next job was in Spain with Real Sociedad but he was sacked by the La Liga club in November 2015 after a year in charge.

He moved back to the Premier League to take charge of Sunderland in July 2016, but resigned after one season, when they were relegated to the Championship.

He must be drunk!

Haha makes for great headlines and I think he’s pretty rubbish, but the actual quotes aren’t that bad, he’s just saying he believes in himself, which to be fair, you have to.

He could manage any team in the world, just not very well.

To be fair you make a good point, the story is crap journalism. I think I could manage any team in the world, does not mean I can or will so the headline is stupid.

To be fair to Moyes, he is in the top league in the world and managing so he should be backing himself and his ability, nothing wrong with that regardless of what people might say or their opinion is. Thats what the games about, players should believe they can play at the top and managers the same.

To be fair you make a good point, the story is crap journalism. I think I could manage any team in the world, does not mean I can or will so the headline is stupid.

To be fair to Moyes, he is in the top league in the world and managing so he should be backing himself and his ability, nothing wrong with that regardless of what people might say or their opinion is. Thats what the games about, players should believe they can play at the top and managers the same.
Isn't that more down to who he knows rather than what he knows? Alan fudging Shearer managed in the top league, as did Kenny Dalglish Mk II. Even Tim clam But Dim had a brief spell as a manager in the top league.

Isn't that more down to who he knows rather than what he knows? Alan fudging Shearer managed in the top league, as did Kenny Dalglish Mk II. Even Tim clam But Dim had a brief spell as a manager in the top league.

To be fair to Moyes he worked up from Preston and was Manager of the year 3/4 times at Everton, that should be the ambition of any manager below, so I think him showing ambition in what he says isnt too misguided.

For me manages below the prem, good English managers should be encouraged to think that way, look at Dyche. Problem is football does not allow to many Moyes and Dyche moments anymore, makes his journey even better.

To be fair to Moyes he worked up from Preston and was Manager of the year 3/4 times at Everton, that should be the ambition of any manager below, so I think him showing ambition in what he says isnt too misguided.

For me manages below the prem, good English managers should be encouraged to think that way, look at Dyche. Problem is football does not allow to many Moyes and Dyche moments anymore, makes his journey even better.
I'm not sure about his career before Everton, didn't pay him any attention. In the time I've been aware of him, he's a had a handful of decent seasons at Everton, a lot of meh seasons there and everything since has been an absolute fudging disaster.

I think if he were to drop down a division or two he might find his level. I suspect he'll have every chance of that with West Ham as it's their level too.

I think it unfair to count United against him. He took over in the aftermath of Ferguson and it is now clear the squad needed a major overhaul, which he wasn't given the money for. Then they started spending large amounts and its still taken a while to get back near the top. Was Moyes really worse than Van Gaal? Or was Van Gaal finally found out after being lucky all his career?

That said, managing a top club requires different skills and he either wasn't able to motivate the players adequately or to explain what he wanted properly. This doesn't mean he isn't a good manager for the majority of PL clubs.

I think it unfair to count United against him. He took over in the aftermath of Ferguson and it is now clear the squad needed a major overhaul, which he wasn't given the money for. Then they started spending large amounts and its still taken a while to get back near the top. Was Moyes really worse than Van Gaal? Or was Van Gaal finally found out after being lucky all his career?

That said, managing a top club requires different skills and he either wasn't able to motivate the players adequately or to explain what he wanted properly. This doesn't mean he isn't a good manager for the majority of PL clubs.

And Sunderland has proven to be poison, that clubs got huge issues.

That seems a slightly Moyes tinted version of events to me?

He took over a squad that just won the league by what was it 10/15 points? I’m not sure any of them were sold or retired either. He was then given the best part of £100m to spend (when that was still a heck of a lot of money) and spunked a lot of it on Fellaini! If players didn’t want to join Utd at the time you can bet your life Moyes was a major part of that reason.

Someone also mentioned on here that Jose picked a side the other night that had 7 players from Fergies time, so the squad Moyes took over still had players currently sitting 2nd in the league (to the best domestic side in a generation) and still in all cups.

All opinion, I see Moyes achievements at Everton better than others will admit because at the time I remember Everton being league fodder for a long time leading up to him taking over, he changed that with alot less money than they have now.

And I see his Man United handling terrible during a transition.

Back