• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

Moyes did very well with Everton, but the catch is - IMO - he could have done better.

He reached his development potential, they didnt.

Man Utd? I never thought he was right for that job. And I do think he did a bad job in general. They were as dull as dishwater under him. LVG didnt do any better, but that reflects just as badly on him. Rather than more positively on Moyes.

I do think whoever took over from Fergie was on a hiding to nothing, but that being said - I still think Moyes disappointed.

Moyes did very well with Everton, but the catch is - IMO - he could have done better.

He reached his development potential, they didnt.

I am not sure, if you look at them pre, all the relegation fights to where he got them before the new owners came in with money, highest before him was about 14th under Walter Smith, then you end up with Moyes, a string of 5th - 8th finishes, that is decent on what they had financially at the time. Kenwright always said they were skint so made his job more remarkable in my view.

Just to give it abit more meat to the bone, he had the leagues 11th biggest budget during his time at Everton and surpassed that every year. Trophies seem to be a hot topic especially with our own manager coming up in the same argument but I believe Moyes job at Everton was impressive enough to demand respect

Decent results, absolutely.

However, the way they were playing? It was limited.

When he went in and they were in trouble he made them hard to beat. Hard working, defensively resolute, and kind of spiteful too (he does enjoy the dark arts). Then, he just got better at that, until they reached a point where they could only stand still.

He never, ever, evolved them past that initial style. That was the limiting factor, more than money, his lack of ability to grow.

He tried having Utd play the same way, Sunderland and now West Ham - he is a one note manager.

When he went to Utd, with major finance behind him, what did he do? He bought FEILANI! That there is my argument in a nutshell!

Decent results, absolutely.

However, the way they were playing? It was limited.

When he went in and they were in trouble he made them hard to beat. Hard working, defensively resolute, and kind of spiteful too (he does enjoy the dark arts). Then, he just got better at that, until they reached a point where they could only stand still.

He never, ever, evolved them past that initial style. That was the limiting factor, more than money, his lack of ability to grow.

He tried having Utd play the same way, Sunderland and now West Ham - he is a one note manager.

When he went to Utd, with major finance behind him, what did he do? He bought FEILANI! That there is my argument in a nutshell!

Thats every manager who ever managed in the game.

Well i guess there are different opinions on how good/bad Moyes is as a manager, all i will say is i am glad we never ended up with him here ( as some Spurs fans wanted).

Me also, but I think he has already surpassed my initial expectations with his move to WH.

If those expectations were based upon what he did at Sunderland, then absolutely.

Dont get carried away though, its a handful of games so far where theyve only looked decent in a couple. Plenty of time for the rot to set in again.

Diafra Sakho AXED by West Ham boss David Moyes after row over £50,000 bonus as striker edges closer to exit
The Senegalese striker has made 14 Premier League appearances this term - all as a substitute

By
Alex Richards
  • 10:20, 20 DEC 2017
  • UPDATED10:21, 20 DEC 2017
Diafra Sakho wants to leave West Ham United, after a blistering row with David Moyes over his £50,000 appearance bonus.

The Senegal striker took his place on the Hammers bench at Arsenal on Tuesday night.

Sakho had been expecting to start the clash at the Emirates, having scored in the win over Stoke at the weekend.

But after becoming embroiled in an argument with the Hammers boss, he instead saw Javier Hernandez given the nod

Moyes insisted post-game that his discussions with Sakho had been ‘only positive’ but it’s understood Sakho, 27, had to be persuaded to remain at the ground.

The incident occurred when the forward fronted up to Moyes over a lack of starts in the Premier League and asked why he had not been picked recently.

The answer seemingly left Sakho irate and wanting to go home, before eventually being calmed down and taking his place among the subs.

Sakho has made 14 league appearances under the Scot and predecessor Slaven Bilic, but all have been as a substitute.

The striker is unhappy about his lack of starts in the league - having been fit for much of the season and after twice starting in the EFL Cup - given a clause in his contract more than doubles his pay if he’s named in the starting XI.

After seeing a summer move to West Brom fall through due to a back injury, Sakho inked a new deal at the London Stadium, paying him £40,000-per-week basic.

That figures is topped up with an extra £50,000 every time he starts a Premier League game, a bonus which drops to £25,000 whenever he comes off the bench, and does not cover cup competitions.

He believes that he has purposely been left out - something West Ham deny - and is now looking to leave in January.

However, West Ham are likely to seek around £15million for Sakho, who cost £4.5m in 2014. He has since scored 24 goals in 71 games for the club.

I wonder with Birmingham hosting in the 2022 Commonwealth games with its own Athletics Stadium whether UK athletics might decide to call it quits at the Olympic stadium and go do the Athletics in Birmingham instead. Would let West Ham off the hook as well.

I wonder with Birmingham hosting in the 2022 Commonwealth games with its own Athletics Stadium whether UK athletics might decide to call it quits at the Olympic stadium and go do the Athletics in Birmingham instead. Would let West Ham off the hook as well.
I guess if that were to happen, our Daniel would chip in with a substantial lawsuit. Others might too. It would be a clear breach of the terms.

Back