• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Finished my masters in Town Planning this year and covered the NWHL in my dissertation, which looked at environmental impacts vs economic and social benefits in sports-led regeneration. I wouldn't be surprised if it has gone up by that much. Stadiums cost an absolute fortune these days, and Brexit certainly hasn't helped with the falling value of the pound.

After all this is a world first in stadia design with the pitch splitting into 3 length ways, with a adjustable touchline. Also, the amount of glass, in the South Stand alone, along with other innovations, makes this new stadium unfathomable in both standards and costs. Whenever there is a World first in size or innovation, or both, the trend normally sees sky rocketing costs, think Wembley and Dallas Cowboys' stadiums (both were most expensive when built, mainly thanks to the innovations in their vast roof designs.

The club expect to generate an additional £28m a year from match days at the new stadium, a rise of more than 50 per cent, with the majority coming from the additional corporate hospitality facilities in the new stadium.

I think that was in the planning docs I went through, but did they say during comittee that was being very conservative. Looking at the corporate, I'd be surprised if that's the case.

One thing's for sure, don't expect this project to be a magic bullet, be excited by all means, but like any build, be wary of the costs and long term implications. Just ask Sears....

Makes no difference to tebbout turned cost in £££ at this stage though

It’s just a flimflam article IMO

For a. 25% uplift at this point you would only maybe (and I mean maybe) see that in acceleration costs and we would look at that vs the cost of Wembley and just stay there another year putting this into a job on days

I’m sure it will have been financed on 24 hours working so it just smells of complete bull

Is it just me or does that read as

"!"£$%^&*()_OIUHGFDSW£$%^&*(O)(*^£"!!"£^&*()__$WERTYUIJHGFD$£_£"£$%^&*())&"£$%^&*()_OI£$%^&()££$*()OIHGFDFRE£$%)FGHJ" ? :oops::confused::oops:

Is it just me or does that read as

"!"£$%^&*()_OIUHGFDSW£$%^&*(O)(*^£"!!"£^&*()__$WERTYUIJHGFD$£_£"£$%^&*())&"£$%^&*()_OI£$%^&()££$*()OIHGFDFRE£$%)FGHJ" ? :oops::confused::oops:

Basically there is no way we wouldn’t have costed for 24 hour shifts with the plan we had
Materials have gone up but around 6%
So how on earth could we have a 25% increase on what was already a premium build....

The only thing could be asking them to do more in less time (acceleration) but again I thought that was all in the programme

When are those fudging idiot newspapers, who's job are to dig up facts, going to stop using the 10 year old scrapped design in their articles? It's incredible what a brick job they do!! How are anyone gonna believe a word, when they can't even get the simplest of facts right!

Having worked in the media for my entire career I can say I never met a journalist who could add up or understand figures and that included their expenses!

Having worked in the media for my entire career I can say I never met a journalist who could add up or understand figures and that included their expenses!
I'm talking about them using pictures of the original KSS design from 2007! It's 5 years since Populous took over and presented the current design, which looks nothing like the one they have pictured.

I'm talking about them using pictures of the original KSS design from 2007! It's 5 years since Populous took over and presented the current design, which looks nothing like the one they have pictured.

Good thing it looks nothing like the original design as it looks even uglier now than it did back then :D

Basically there is no way we wouldn’t have costed for 24 hour shifts with the plan we had
So how on earth could we have a 25% increase on what was already a premium build....

The only thing could be asking them to do more in less time (acceleration) but again I thought that was all in the programme

Thanks Bedford

images

The measurements and precision involved to make that fit is incredible! If it fits without any modification that is some precision!

I don't understand this comment. Why would cost acceleration be in the baseline programme? There might be a provision within the contingency pot that forms part of the Anticipated Final Cost figure but this would most likely not fully cover the cost of programme acceleration since it would be calculated by probability across a range of values.

Equally you wouldn't include programme acceleration in your baseline programme, but if the need is identified through review of project progress towards milestones then the programme would be rebaselined with programme acceleration costs built in...unless you are saying that has already happened?

I don't understand this comment. Why would cost acceleration be in the baseline programme? There might be a provision within the contingency pot that forms part of the Anticipated Final Cost figure but this would most likely not fully cover the cost of programme acceleration since it would be calculated by probability across a range of values.

Equally you wouldn't include programme acceleration in your baseline programme, but if the need is identified through review of project progress towards milestones then the programme would be rebaselined with programme acceleration costs built in...unless you are saying that has already happened?

Nah! !"£$%^&*()_OIUHGFDSW£$%^&*(O)(*^£"!!"£^&*()__$WERTYUIJHGFD$£_£"£$%^&*())&"£$%^&*()_OI£$%^&()££$*()OIHGFDFRE£$%)FGHJ" againo_O

It wouldn’t be, hence my comment
I said I thought everything was in the programme to meet the end date

The only thing that could cause a need for acceleration would be if one part was behind and they needed another to “accelerate” to compensate

Spurs new stadium costs forecast to come in between £750-800m
December 5 – Tottenham Hotspur have said that the construction costs for the club’s new stadium on the site of the old White Hart Lane ground are still forecast come in between £750 million and £800 million, and not hit the £1 billion cost reported.

The new 61,500 capacity stadium is expected to stay within the club’s internal forecasts for the construction, according to a club source, and in line with previously stated cost forecasts.

Originally budgeted to cost £400 million, in June Spurs agreed a £400 million five-year bank loan provided by Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs and HSBC Bank. Spurs have already spent £340 million from their own resources “on the acquisition of land, the planning process (including a compulsory purchase order and legal challenges),” said a club statement at the time.

The new £400 million loan replaced a £200 million interim financing facility from the same banks of which £100 million has been drawn down.

The stadium will be the second most expensive football stadium to be built in the UK after Wembley, though could well be beaten in cost by the new Chelsea stadium currently working through the design and planning stages.

Chelsea’s new stadium, like Spurs’, involves a levelling of the existing Stamford Bridge ground and a complete rebuild. Costs have been estimated at £400-450 million, but could rise as high as £800 million due to complexities in the build on what is compact land footprint, and local infrastructure requirements.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2017/12/05/spurs-new-stadium-costs-forecast-come-750-800m/

Back