• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United***

They didn't have Pogba either, or Fellaini.

For me, the way to beat United is through playing wide. To attack their full backs. And we didn't play very wide today.
Instead of those two they just had Herrera and Matic. and while we were missing Kane, their forward line with our Ibra was Lukaku & Rashford. Squad difference.

Am I the only one who thought the weather didn’t help

And they had the advantage of more rest

We had 2 days and a chunk of our team played both game

Am I the only one who thought the weather didn’t help
It was one of the first things Moaninho mentioned afterwards, that they had the wind at their backs in the second half. They certainly were typical-Mancunian-autumn-poor conditions.

I noticed Toby didn't even get off the ground and didn't push/shove Lukaku off balance, when Lukaku leapt and hit the post... and the same when Lukaku flicked it on. I feel Toby should have either stood well off, or given him a decent shove, but he did neither. So all 3 defenders were at fault really. Frustrating.

I didn't see the game today as my own team was playing (we lost 1-0 and the ref was a dingdong too coincidentally) but I have just watched the extended highlights. From what I saw it was obviously a game of few chances and the better ones went Utd's way. There weren't many though for either team. Alli's attempt should really have been a goal I guess but except for that we didn't appear to have any other clear cut chances. But we did have some promising positions and some half chances which we squandered. We had a few speculatives shoots which were poorly executed and got in a few good positions but didn't supply a good quality final ball. It seemed an even enough match decided by a momentary lack of concentration.

With Kane back at home and we'll turn these fudges over.

It was one of the first things Moaninho mentioned afterwards, that they had the wind at their backs in the second half. They certainly were typical-Mancunian-autumn-poor conditions.

I noticed Toby didn't even get off the ground and didn't push/shove Lukaku off balance, when Lukaku leapt and hit the post... and the same when Lukaku flicked it on. I feel Toby should have either stood well off, or given him a decent shove, but he did neither. So all 3 defenders were at fault really. Frustrating.
I noticed that too in the highlights. If you are not going to win it at least put the other guy off.

It appeared that your weather comment was part of the rest of the post stating advantages Manure had over us. It looked like a filthy dirty day up there.

They didn’t have any advantages other than home ground. We both had a lot of players out

Always feels like a huge pitch up there
In my lifetime united have always been a Proper football team but the last 5 years have seen some awful footballing sides up there

The purists I know hate it but the pot hunters don’t care

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the negativity, firstly all top 4/5 teams would expect to win games at home. Losing to united in a close game at OT is hardly the end of the world. Secondly perspective is needed on where we are as a squad, as big a miss as Kane is, for me we are missing the likes of a fully fit Dembele and Wanyama more to control the midfield. As great as young winks has been, he is still learning and against the big boys you need that experience/control and in there case strength in the middle. Finally, as I have mentioned before, we are not setup for a striker such as Llorente, we do not cross the ball anywhere near enough and always try to work it into the box with cute little passes which is great for Kane but not for Llorente, it does not play to his strengths and will take the team time to adapt to that. Hopefully after the international break we can work on those elements in training, bring our squad back up to fitness and start from there. With the injuries we had, if you had offered me 3rd place and 3pts off United in second having already played Chelsea, United and Liverpool while trying to get used to Wembley and without some of our core first team I would have snapped your hands off.

First off, I can confirm it was miserable
Mancunian weather of the brickst kind. Secondly, the reason we could not go slinging crosses into the box is because they would’ve killed us on the break! We needed Llorente to hold the ball up better and bring others into play, and he simply didn’t. Thirdly, if Dele puts that away, we win! Fourthly, Dembele needs another 5 matches before he hits stride; quite why he didn’t have a couple of shots today I do not know! Fifthly - we should be peeved at the loss because thankfully we are not used to losing!!!!
It is a game we absolutely should not have lost, but the margins were extremely thin. Overall I felt we were unlucky not to come away with at least a point...I’ve been here about 8 times all told and do ‘t remember personally seeing more than one victory and one draw! Soooo...onwards!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Oh, and I saw this wandering the Mega Tesco just down from Old Trafford - Unleashed in all it’s primal glory. Ian Brown would be proud...
95ace70fa26b3d8e8a3217cb64951f4d.jpg

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Very annoyed with this defeat. It is clear we are still mentally weak when it comes to playing ManU. Pochettino should look at himself and his tactics as he has now lost all the 4 matches we have played at ManU since he became manager, conceding 6 goals and scoring no goals. Annoyingly, ManU were shyte in all those 4 years including this match. AVB and Sherwood did well to win at ManU in back-to-back years but Pochettino has undone all their good work now. Find it hard to accept that Huddersfield had just beaten ManU last week and we still end up losing to them without scoring.

Maybe we are a one-man team after all, as we have lost both the matches since Kane got injured. Our attack looked toothless and clueless without Kane. Alli had our best chance but he wasted the one-on-one chance in the second half. Son didn't look like scoring all match, always dribbling too much. Llorente again didn't make an impact when he came on.

Our midfield had a decent match but we lacked the cutting edge to win this match. Eriksen had another quiet match apart from the inch perfect pass which Alli should have scored. Sissoko had a mixed match and should have done better with his goal scoring chance in the first half. Dembele didn't have much impact when he came on. This is where we have badly missed the work rate and creativity of Lamela.

Our defence is more at fault for this defeat rather than attack. As soon as I saw Dier starting in defence, knew we are in trouble. Having Dier in defence is like playing with 10 men as he is a liability in defence. Find it annoying that Pochettino is in his 4th season as Spurs manager but he still not yet realise that Dier is too error-prone to be a reliable defender. I think we would have get atleast a draw if Sanchez had started in defence instead of Dier. Thought Pochettino should have settled for draw instead of going all out attack in the closing stages which proved costly. Also, felt we should have started Trippier instead of Aurier as Trippier is now our most creative player this season with 4 assists.

With this defeat, we have now only won 1 match away at top 6 teams in 4 years under Pochettino. Pochettino badly needs to improve our away record at top 6 teams if we want to win the league. For now, we need to recover quickly to face Real Madrid next in CL.

Very annoyed with this defeat. It is clear we are still mentally weak when it comes to playing ManU. Pochettino should look at himself and his tactics as he has now lost all the 4 matches we have played at ManU since he became manager, conceding 6 goals and scoring no goals. Annoyingly, ManU were shyte in all those 4 years including this match. AVB and Sherwood did well to win at ManU in back-to-back years but Pochettino has undone all their good work now. Find it hard to accept that Huddersfield had just beaten ManU last week and we still end up losing to them without scoring.

Maybe we are a one-man team after all, as we have lost both the matches since Kane got injured. Our attack looked toothless and clueless without Kane. Alli had our best chance but he wasted the one-on-one chance in the second half. Son didn't look like scoring all match, always dribbling too much. Llorente again didn't make an impact when he came on.

Our midfield had a decent match but we lacked the cutting edge to win this match. Eriksen had another quiet match apart from the inch perfect pass which Alli should have scored. Sissoko had a mixed match and should have done better with his goal scoring chance in the first half. Dembele didn't have much impact when he came on. This is where we have badly missed the work rate and creativity of Lamela.

Our defence is more at fault for this defeat rather than attack. As soon as I saw Dier starting in defence, knew we are in trouble. Having Dier in defence is like playing with 10 men as he is a liability in defence. Find it annoying that Pochettino is in his 4th season as Spurs manager but he still not yet realise that Dier is too error-prone to be a reliable defender. I think we would have get atleast a draw if Sanchez had started in defence instead of Dier. Thought Pochettino should have settled for draw instead of going all out attack in the closing stages which proved costly. Also, felt we should have started Trippier instead of Aurier as Trippier is now our most creative player this season with 4 assists.

With this defeat, we have now only won 1 match away at top 6 teams in 4 years under Pochettino. Pochettino badly needs to improve our away record at top 6 teams if we want to win the league. For now, we need to recover quickly to face Real Madrid next in CL.
Didn’t we beat Man Utd only 13 league games ago??

Go and have a lie down.

Didn’t we beat Man Utd only 13 league games ago??

I refer to away games at ManU. Since 1989, we have only won 2 away matches at ManU : the 3-2 win under AVB in 2013 and 2-1 win under Sherwood in 2014. Pochettino's record 0-1(2015), 0-3(2016), 0-1(2017) and 0-1 this season.

Back