• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United***

Yeah but the players they have out are actually poor players

Pogba is over rated but actually is better than Herrera for example

Don’t forget we had Kane out who would cost £200m, lamella £30m, Sanchez £42m and Wanyama who would cost plenty in this market

I’d have Mata, Pogba and Slatan coming back or on the bench.
Slatan for Llorente in a heartbeat ;)

It is not just about the football on the pitch. Today's results affected by certain off the field utterances and actions.

Pochettinno gets on my nerves with some of comments regarding competitions.
Read my personal frustrations in the West Ham cup thread!

What do you disagree with about the order of priority being PL CL FA LC? What order would you put them in?

Depends on the squad situation as you go forward.
But I would not let you (as a spotty fan;)) know!
That would be kept in house.
Every Spurs fan knows it’s PL CL then a cup.
But as I say I would not publicise any priority.

Depends on the squad situation as you go forward.
But I would not let you (as a spotty fan;)) know!
That would be kept in house.

Sounds like you're avoiding the question there because you know that is the correct order of priority

It is not just about the football on the pitch. Today's results affected by certain off the field utterances and actions.

As much as I love Pochettino, and as much as I love some of the things coming out of this book, I can't help but think it won't help him or us much going forward. The media will always use stuff like this as fodder to create a situation out of nothing. Not that any of the things coming out is out of order, really, but just going public with stuff like that ... I fail to see how it could help us as a club. But maybe I'm not thinking big enough. :p

Far from thinking were too good for the LC it's the opposite. I.e. We're not good enough to fight on all fronts. Once past that point it's then a matter of deciding where we want to focus our main efforts. For Poch it's the league and champions league. I I can't dance with that approach especially when we know from the past two seasons how close we have come. Ok it didn't work out today but I'd rather that was because of in-game reasons rather than due to our first team having played on Wednesday.

Maybe this would be better in the unpopular opinions thread but I think that we should always prioritise the league. The best one or two sides have a far greater chance of winning the league than they do a cup. One bad game, mistake or decision and a cup run is over, in the league you live to fight again and quality tends to win out over the seasons. The cups should only be prioritised if you get to the latter stages or have nothing to play for in the league.

These games for me is where the true financial disparities are at there most stark!

I have no complaints about our side today - that’s football folks.

We still have a weak mentality....don,t we?
Financial disparities..what about Leicester who had the bottle to go on and win the Title.

Poch played the wrong team. How many give always did Sissoko make? Quite a few coming across on here!
Sanchez is one of the best players at the club. In a game like today's he should have been first on the Team sheet.

We still have a weak mentality and not enough belief in ourselves to win the Title..or win anything!

I believe we have the players to go out and do just that but they have to go out "every game stronger" with a special mindset.

One mindset is...we need to win this fudging Premier for the suffering fans who turn up and give their best support year in year out! :mad:

We still have a weak mentality....don,t we?
Financial disparities..what about Leicester who had the bottle to go on and win the Title.

Poch played the wrong team. How many give always did Sissoko make? Quite a few coming across on here!
Sanchez is one of the best players at the club. In a game like today's he should have been first on the Team sheet.

We still have a weak mentality and not enough belief in ourselves to win the Title..or win anything!

I believe we have the players to go out and do just that but they have to go out "every game stronger" with a special mindset.

One mindset is...we need to win this fudging Premier for the suffering fans who turn up and give their best support year in year out! :mad:

Sadly the answer is not easy to hear, it will take lots hard work and lots of money and above all else time.

Last edited:
And here we are several years later, with what is supposedly our best team in years, and we’re still losing there.

This week has been a reality check for me. We are not as good as some of us thought - Poch still has a lot of work to do, particularly on our mentality. I’m sure he’s up to it, so that’s the big positive.

You can't forget the two times we have won there recently.

One of which came against a Ferguson team, no less.

And we were without Kane. And Wanyama. And half-fit Rose and Dembele. Four first teamers.

This single game doesn't alone define our season or act as an overall gauge to our progress.

A blind man can see we're much better than we were 5 or 10 years ago.

Again, that's a chance at full stretch, that allowed for precisely one touch, that had to be good enough to get past De Gea who was literally a yard from Alli when the ball fell to him.

A chance which only allows for one touch, namely the shot...is usually (though not always) not a good chance.

Alli wasn't at full stretch for that chance.

He just didn't quite get enough contact. Similar to a chance he missed at Everton iirc where he didn't make full contact.

And we were without Kane. And Wanyama. And half-fit Rose and Dembele. Four first teamers.

This single game doesn't alone define our season or act as an overall gauge to our progress.

No but if suits the negative nature of a lot of our fans

I think a lot like to forget that we won at Old Trafford because Sherwood won there who according to many knows nothing about football.....

Back