• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United***

Crikey, that makes Spurs look really terrible; half the points at home and only a fifth of points away. Great stat. Whereas Cheatski have 77% at home and 44% away. Over 5 seasons. Sheesh. That leaves us a LOT to do, giving away points to our rivals. And this during our epic epicness
It’s the difference when winning the league

Arsenal always got top 4 from beating the brick teams and that’s our niche now

Indeed, getting the better of those “six pointers” is surely the next step in our evolution if Pochettino wants to guide Tottenham to a league title...

Last season we’re 1 up and seemingly on course to pick up 3pts at Stamford Bridge (for the first time since 1980s) until that Pedro equaliser just before half time. Our unbeaten start to the season ended whilst Chavski continue on their way to a 13 match winning streak which ultimately kept them out of our reach.

Then those 2 late goals we conceded home and away against Leicester the previous season, which lead to a 6 point swing in their favour. Who knows how different things might’ve been if that Huth header at WHL in January hadn’t ended their 6 hour wait for a league goal.

Indeed, getting the better of those “six pointers” is surely the next step in our evolution if Pochettino wants to guide Tottenham to a league title...

Last season we’re 1 up and seemingly on course to pick up 3pts at Stamford Bridge (for the first time since 1980s) until that Pedro equaliser just before half time. Our unbeaten start to the season ended whilst Chavski continue on their way to a 13 match winning streak which ultimately kept them out of our reach.

Then those 2 late goals we conceded home and away against Leicester the previous season, which lead to a 6 point swing in their favour. Who knows how different things might’ve been if that Huth header at WHL in January hadn’t ended their 6 hour wait for a league goal.

Or Kane had the penalty awarded like he should have vs Leicester

Or against Chelsea if the ref had penalised Kante for pulling dembele

We only created one clear chance in this game?
If that's the case....that's a poor showing by our standards and the most important statistic.
chances not created show,s a weakness of mentality and non comitment!
Creating chances is the most important part of the game that's obvious.

If that's the case....that's a poor showing by our standards and the most important statistic.

Non-comittment?

You think they just thought "sod it, Man U away, chance to go above them... no, I'll not bother today"?

But a couple of months later in the return fixture at WHL we did succeed in ending that 13-match winning streak, thus preventing them from breaking the all-time winning sequence record.

Such sweet revenge! :D

You really see no other possible explanation for not creating enough chances than a weakness of mentality and non-commitment? Really? No other explanation?

You really see no other possible explanation for not creating enough chances than a weakness of mentality and non-commitment? Really? No other explanation?

I’d say the fact we played a defensive team who actually haven’t conceded at home for some time didn’t help... and our players didn’t perform to the level we know they can either. We also lacked a focal point for the attacks most of the time... and we had some players injured

I didn’t see non commitment or any mindset issues personally

Does chance mentally challenge me? No, no it does not. But attention to detail evidently challenges you, hush now and enjoy the game nicely now would you [emoji108]

No, I support the consistent atmosphere on this board which doesn't accept unnecessary personal abuse irrespective of how outlandish someone's opinion may be.

“Melodramatic hyperbole”. Really? I offered a fairly dry opinion on the starting eleven.

While you’re using phrases like that, I’d look up irony as well.

By the way, we are all on the same side mate.

My sincere & bashful apologies to all three of you.. If I had an excuse worth using, I still wouldn't use it... No excuses.

Suffice to say I was not in a good space when making the posts I did at the weekend.

We are all indeed on the same side, I hope you can all accept my apology.. I also hope we can grab a great result in a couple of days against Madrid.

COYS.

Off course the players go out there and try..not saying they don,t and they try hard. The trouble with Tottenham Hotspur football club is we don,t have the mindset! We don,t have the mindset that we are really capable of playing at a higher level.
It,s always the same isn't,t it?
Spurs will always let you down.
We are not moving on to a new era...a new dawn!
We have had times recently when we have looked up knowing we are capable of more in terms of winning at a higher level. Even the media were saying that Poch had given the players a new attitude and belief...a more stronger approach..play till the end of the game mindset. I think we have slipped back a bit on this ever since that dreaded Chelsea game knocking the stuffing out of our fight and belief in that approach and themselves to fight on!

This season we have one of our best squads. Personally I think we are short of a player or two that can push us forward in the midfield. Dare I say it a gazza! Whatever you say about him he had a belief in himself on a football field apart from when he got so wound up in that cup final.
We have to have a couple of players capable of taking the game to the opposition and create chances. No chances no goals..obvious. Son is that kind of player..though not a midfielder. Eriksen is too, but probably does not have enough belief and movement to make chances on his own . He,s a better player when Kane is there beside him who can hold on to th e ball longer. Dembele would be a supr eme midfielder if he attacked more and got his shooting act together.

We bought three defenders and one striker this Season that we probably needed
But unfortunately failed to find the kind of player I have been suggesting in the midfield!

Remembers scholes. Not exactly my kind of player but he could shoot and hold on to the ball.
On more more than one occasion we were beaten by yanited simply by his ability to Shoot hard and low at the goal scoring and causing problems for our defence. We need this kind of option coming from the midfield and the ability to attack. It's all about creating chances and having the skill and belief in their ability.

We can,t rely on Kane alone to spearhead everything. Maybe Llorente can play a part here if Poch picks him once in awhile. He,s one of the best headers of a ball you can get and has not had one header so far.

Coming back to mindset. As a club we have to have the mindset and skill, belief that we can beat any fanny!
And they are a load of Fannie's!
It takes a new mind set that this club can win things if they developed the skill and strength as well! And a never die attitude.
It has to be a Team mindset. I feel we are definitely moving forward to that end...but let's not ever go back to thinking we are second best. Get that attitude out of our brains.
That includes some of our fans at HOME as well who lack support halfway through the match and go all quiet"even when we are fudging winning" That feeds through to the players!

Come on you Spurs...".............

We had a few more, but Alli's was the only real chance. Sissoko ballooned a chance in the first, and Eriksen had a couple of long range shots go wide as well. Aurier and Son also missed a couple, if I remember correctly.

I thought we were the better side in the first half, but United simply wanted it more than us in the second.

My sincere & bashful apologies to all three of you.. If I had an excuse worth using, I still wouldn't use it... No excuses.

Suffice to say I was not in a good space when making the posts I did at the weekend.

We are all indeed on the same side, I hope you can all accept my apology.. I also hope we can grab a great result in a couple of days against Madrid.

COYS.

No worries at all. Hope whatever it was that was getting at you is sorted if possible but I doubt the game will have put you in a better mood!! Likewise, here's hoping weds will be better pal

Yeah but you didn’t say that originally

How many teams have won many games at Old Trafford ... not many and there won’t be many this year with them focusing on not conceding

Traditionally, we are mentally weak when it comes to playing ManU. I think we have lost more games to ManU than any other teams in the PL era. This is why I hate ManU more than any other teams. ManU are devil by name and devil by nature. They always cheat and influence the refs to win matches and don't care about playing fair. They always treat us like their thrash, their feeder club, their cannon fodder. And annoyingly we always dance to their tune. Really thought we had overcome this mental weakness when we beat ManU away in 2013 and 2014. But annoyingly we have now lost at ManU for the 4th consecutive season since Pochettino took over.

Traditionally, we are mentally weak when it comes to playing ManU. I think we have lost more games to ManU than any other teams in the PL era. This is why I hate ManU more than any other teams. ManU are devil by name and devil by nature. They always cheat and influence the refs to win matches and don't care about playing fair. They always treat us like their thrash, their feeder club, their cannon fodder. And annoyingly we always dance to their tune. Really thought we had overcome this mental weakness when we beat ManU away in 2013 and 2014. But annoyingly we have now lost at ManU for the 4th consecutive season since Pochettino took over.

We have lost to them the most as they have been the best team in the league over that period

commentators loved throwing out the stat that we are the team most spanked at OT in the league - tossers !

If you care what the media says regarding Spurs, you will end up miserable.
Ignore the buggers.
Harry should IMHO be rested until the Arsenal game and that means no England friendlies.

You’re right but it doesn’t matter a f**k what I think in the scheme of things (except to my family who’ve had to put up with my mood since Saturday).

If this sort of thing starts to get inside the players’ heads it can start to become a self fulfilling prophecy. And players are only human.

Hopefully, we beat Madrid, Llorente or Son get a hat trick and all is well with the world this time on Thursday.

commentators loved throwing out the stat that we are the team most spanked at OT in the league - tossers !
I'm sure some people think that lads in their early 20's are heavily influenced by what happened to other lads in their early 20's at Olde Trafford 10 years ago. Or 20 years ago. Or 30.

I'm sure some people think that lads in their early 20's are heavily influenced by what happened to other lads in their early 20's at Olde Trafford 10 years ago. Or 20 years ago. Or 30.

First half Sissoko and Aurier looked like they could link up well but all the play was too deep. Quite often Aurier was passing it backwards to Sissoko who then just played a safe sideways ball into central midfield around the edge of centre circle. Safe and boring football, not what we've seen from Spurs much over the last few years.
What people fail to realize is that we cannot play our brand of football EVERY time and against EVERY team. United has plenty of quality and was set up well to nullify us. It was always going to be a slugfest with tiny margins deciding the outcome.

Back