• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Television Coverage Of Spurs

I don't mind most of them. Spurs biased pundits are more critical of Spurs as they expect more and hope someone heeds them, a bit like those on here.

However, I was hoping Sky could have done a one off deal with Barry Davies or the legend John Motson for this game and ceremony.

Henry went right up in my estimation when he said this. He'd had plenty of chance to rub it in with Ledley during "The Boots Are Off", and it was all done in fair banter. HE could've carried it on but chose to be dignified. The guy loves Arsenal and understandably so, so it can't have been particularly pleasant for him to be pundit for what was very much a Sky Tottenham love-in that day. Thought he approached it like a gentlemen. We all know what happened that day with Arsenal, and he knows we all remember it, so to shoot down the question and give a dignified response was very enlightening.

With Merse and Wrighty, they hate having to praise Spurs, but they are at least honest enough to acknowledge how well we're playing. It's always done through gritted teeth which i personally find endearing and a joy to watch. They always do it with a frustrated smile and make no bones about how hard it is to admit it which only adds to my satisfaction.

Smith and Tyler are an entirely different matter though. They hide behind the camera and even their positive commentary is said with such a tone of resignation, disappointment and negativity it's frankly embarrassing.

As for Redknapp - he flits in and out of love with us, though tbf he has been very positive about us lately. Almost to the point of over the top.

Good analysis. Wright in particular visibly suffers when saying good things about us, but also seems to take it in good humour, which is quite a difficult balance to strike.

Alan Smith on Sissoko today
"In this sumptuous, irresistible Spurs performance, he just hasn't been able to get involved"

..........:D:D:D:D

Having watched the match again this morning I got the impression that both the Woolwich biased commentators were trying to be positive about our display, Tyler couldn't help himself at times with the odd snide remark, but Smith was forced into long periods of silence. I wonder if they've been told to be more upbeat about us as we now appear to have broken into the newly formed "Sky 6".

Having watched the match again this morning I got the impression that both the Woolwich biased commentators were trying to be positive about our display, Tyler couldn't help himself at times with the odd snide remark, but Smith was forced into long periods of silence. I wonder if they've been told to be more upbeat about us as we now appear to have broken into the newly formed "Sky 6".
I don't really watch Sky but have tyler and smith done any goon commentaries recently (when they've won)......would just like to compare tone and excitement.????

I don't really watch Sky but have tyler and smith done any goon commentaries recently (when they've won)......would just like to compare tone and excitement.????

There certainly wasn't any excitement in his voice when he announced City and Liverpool as this weekend's games and no Arsenal because Sky have used up all their games.

I don't know how to post pics on here but I see Ossie Ardiles, backed up by Graham Roberts, have taken to twitter to complain about the Sky coverage of Spurs now!

So even ex players are paranoid over nothing as well now?!

I don't know how to post pics on here but I see Ossie Ardiles, backed up by Graham Roberts, have taken to twitter to complain about the Sky coverage of Spurs now!

So even ex players are paranoid over nothing as well now?!

I love them both enormously but they do play to the crowd a bit.

Maybe true, but aren't we the crowd they play to?

The problem is bias at the basic broadcast level. I don't have a problem with the likes of Wright and Henry showing bias in their opinions, I expect it of them. Curiously, they seem to be the people who show the proper respect to the rivalry.

Maybe true, but aren't we the crowd they play to?

The problem is bias at the basic broadcast level. I don't have a problem with the likes of Wright and Henry showing bias in their opinions, I expect it of them. Curiously, they seem to be the people who show the proper respect to the rivalry.

I agree, I've no problem with an ex player being bias to his team, but I do expect commentators to do their job without bias and report on the action rather than offer negative points which bear no relation to whats going on in the match.

I agree, I've no problem with an ex player being bias to his team, but I do expect commentators to do their job without bias and report on the action rather than offer negative points which bear no relation to whats going on in the match.
Just wish they'd shut the fudge up most of the time, especially that clam Tyler. The way he drones on and on ad nauseum with his non-stop, heavily-loaded nonsense drives me to distraction.

Back