• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Television Coverage Of Spurs

I'm 55 and this fudgestick is the only commentator I have ever heard berating the home support for bad language and it was us twice in consecutive games this season. Grimaces as he pays us a compliment, then goes on with some derogatory statistic, or reference to an inability to hold onto our best players/ cannot win at Wembley. Hate the prick.
Kept waiting on somebody apologising for the language on Thursday night at that great family friendly club Leicester where every chant had a fudge or brick of not both in it. It could be clearly heard yet not a peep from sky.

*Out of the top six Spurs have their fair share of pundits with some sort of connection to the club. Not that you'd know it!

Tottenham: 12 (Jenas, Lineker, Ghod, Redknapp jnr, Redknapp snr, Waddle, Murphy, Walsh, Crooks, Souness, Brazil, Clive Allen)
Man U: 8 (Nevilles, Rio, Owen, Savage, Hargreaves, Scholes, Ferdinand)
Arse: 10 (Wright, Nicholas, Keown, Merson, Henry, Smith, Dixon, Quinn, Parlour, Hartson)
Cheatski: 9 (Ghod, Lampard. Cascarino, Nevin, Gullit, Sutton, Townsend, Wilkins, Cundy)
Liverpoo: 13 (Souness, Carragher, Thompson, Owen, Walsh, Murphy, Lawrenson, McManaman. Hamann, Houghton, Beglin, Collymore, James)
City: 7 (Mills, Sinclair, Walsh, Quinn, McManaman, James, Lampard)

Also worth mentioning that though Le Tissier has no connection with Spurs he is known to be a fan.

*Much edited since first posted. Thanks to @Aldo and @Juicebox for their suggestions.

Anymore anyone?
Note: I draw the line at counting that clam Cundy as ex-Spurs.

Last edited:
David Pleat's on radio analysis of our game today and this season. Best defence, most goals, treated the fans at home whenever the game was played, infiltrated the top four at expense of Arsenal, hopefully permanently. He let the bias in a bit with that last bit.

Not a comprehensive listing below but out of the top six Spurs have more pundits with a previous connection to the club than the rest. Not that you'd know it!

Tottenham: 9 (Jenas, Lineker, Ghod, Redknapp jnr, Redknapp snr, Waddle, Murphy, Walsh, Crooks)
Man U: 6 (Nevilles, Rio, Owen, Savage, Hargreaves)
Arse: 6 (Wright, Nicholas, Keown, Merson, Henry, Smith, Hartson)
Cheatski: 6 (Ghod, Lampard. Cascarino, Nevin, Gullit, Sutton)
Liverpoo: 6 (Souness, Carragher, Thompson, Owen, Walsh, Murphy)
City 3: (Mills, Sinclair, Walsh)

Also worth mentioning that though Le Tissier has no connection with Spurs he is known to be a fan.

You can also include Souness to us.

Not a comprehensive listing below but out of the top six Spurs have more pundits with a previous connection to the club than the rest. Not that you'd know it!

Tottenham: 9 (Jenas, Lineker, Ghod, Redknapp jnr, Redknapp snr, Waddle, Murphy, Walsh, Crooks, Souness)
Man U: 6 (Nevilles, Rio, Owen, Savage, Hargreaves)
Arse: 7 (Wright, Nicholas, Keown, Merson, Henry, Smith, Hartson)
Cheatski: 6 (Ghod, Lampard. Cascarino, Nevin, Gullit, Sutton)
Liverpoo: 6 (Souness, Carragher, Thompson, Owen, Walsh, Murphy)
City 3: (Mills, Sinclair, Walsh)

Quinn, Dixon, Lawrenson, McManaman, Beglin...

I do think we are all a bit sensitive to negative coverage about our club - I know I am. Pundits do seem to be really liking what we are doing but all make the same point that we need one or two more players to fully challenge.

The guardian made a point on the football podcast that they always have loads of spurs fans calling in saying that they don't talk about us enough; they made the point that at the moment there was nothing out of the ordinary happening with us - i.e. that we were just continually steam rolling teams but still behind Chelsea; the narrative over the last months were the same.

They had to show all the blue scum w&nking over Terry didn't they.

Actually, if that had literally happened, that would have been more apt for the slag. Spattered like a painters radio by a bunch of no mark chavs :rolleyes:

Back