• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Television Coverage Of Spurs

Maybe a legal issue if pre-loaded with apps/add ons but if not then I can't see a problem. I mean , laptops tablets etc are running Kodi.

This is the biggest elephant in the room for Sky/BT and by connection the gravy train of the prem league. You're not gonna pay top dollar for the rights to something when those rights are easily abused and basically ignored (by a growing band of people)

There's no way they can claim the hardware is illegal, but if the guy sells pre installed boxes, he might be in trouble. I'm no expert, but in essence aren't these boxes basically like Apple TV without the restrictions?

This guy had adverts on his shopfront saying "get sky & BT for £79 a year" something like that. He was asking for trouble doing that.

I think we're probably hypersensitive to it. I'm sure fans of other clubs get tinkled off listening to Jenas waxing lyrical about us on BBC and BT Sport.

Tyler is a twunt, though.

https://thespursreport.wordpress.com/2017/05/16/sky-sports-and-the-problem-with-spurs/

I agree with this. Only Souness sticks up for us. Danny Murphy, although on TalkSPORT, always has a good word to say about us.
Martin Tyler co-wrote the Arsenal centenary book I believe though even without knowing this, there always seems to be a snide remark from him.

Jamie probably hates us because we sacked his dad

I seldom hear Murphy say anything positive about us, and if the writer is talking about keane a self confessed Liverpool fan then I don't see him being any better.
Jenas is good and i agree crouch has real possibility.
Other than on the BBC, and that's only changed in the last few months, they do all seem to want us to fail.
Might not seem important but if we want to keep the likes of walker and Dele we need to build the big club image and brand along with the new stadium. It's the glamour, kudos and money that brings that will help keep them.

Tyler Smith and that little ferret Redknapp are complete tacos they cant even compliment or even commend spurs without making a backhanded comment immediately after. Alan Smith is a snide smug clam, while Tyler cant hold back his distain of us ... regularly heard him patronising our efforts and saying "oh no" when we score.

Im a little scared to say this but some on here are overly paranoid and sensitive when it comes to the media. I have most definitely heard Redknapp compliment Spurs on several occasions, even the likes of Paul Merson does. Pundits have to offer both sides which does include criticism which considering we haven't won anything for years is justifiable - even if we are definitely going in the right direction.....

Bit a whine isn't it. The likes of Neville, Carragher and Souness are generally fair.
The problem is Neville and Carragher never really cover Spurs as pundits, they are saved for what sky see as the 'bigger games'.
Neville named Poch as his manager of season on monday.

A bit touchy..... perhaps.....but since it was the last game at the Lane you would have thought they would have one pundit who had played a few games for us,a proper Spurs player,not a fecking gooner who has said countless times that he dislikes us plus looks down on us in his views, every time someone asks that cnut henry(sic) about Tottenham finishing above the goons, always a little giggle always a smirk on his face,as if saying ok 'let them have their day but they won't be there next season type of answer',be nice to know why they didn't have a proper spurs player on the panel...

Sums it up when that other taco,alan 'boring as hell' smith saying when Kane got brought down for the penalty against the goons.....'oh Harry made the most of that !!!!!!!!!'.....clearly a penalty all day but not in those red eyes.

Most coverage of Spurs is terrible (NBC in US is about the best). I saw the final game in Toronto, the UK coverage they had was Owen & Giggs and I fudging kid you not, the "memories of WHL" was them recapping United beating us 3-5.

The whole narrative is flimflam, Spurs have been steadily improving for a decade+ now, we have been the only legitimate title challengers for two seasons and this will be our 4th finish in the top 4 in 8 years. We have finished above Pool with 1 exception for 7 years, and at least 3 out of our last 4 ahead of United, yet somehow we start season as outsiders for top 4.

This isn't being whiny/touchy, fudging Owen actually said we had a lucky year with injuries this season in the lane finale coverage, really? fudge, be an idiot, be biased but at least get your facts correct.

I seldom hear Murphy say anything positive about us, and if the writer is talking about keane a self confessed Liverpool fan then I don't see him being any better.
Jenas is good and i agree crouch has real possibility.
Other than on the BBC, and that's only changed in the last few months, they do all seem to want us to fail.
Might not seem important but if we want to keep the likes of walker and Dele we need to build the big club image and brand along with the new stadium. It's the glamour, kudos and money that brings that will help keep them.

Really? I haven't heard Murphy say anything negative and he absolutely loves Dembele per their time at Fulham.

Keane - forget it, number one Liverpool fan apparently.

Really? I haven't heard Murphy say anything negative and he absolutely loves Dembele per their time at Fulham.

Keane - forget it, number one Liverpool fan apparently.
I don't listen to talk sport much so maybe been unlucky, but he always seemed totally underwhelmed by anything we do.

Back