• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Television Coverage Of Spurs

Just wish they'd shut the fudge up most of the time, especially that clam Tyler. The way he drones on and on ad nauseum with his non-stop, heavily-loaded nonsense drives me to distraction.

I never understand why those who get tinkled off with what commentators or pundits are saying during a game do not turn the sound off. i can not believe most armchair supporters do not know which side is which.

I never understand why those who get tinkled off with what commentators or pundits are saying during a game do not turn the sound off. i can not believe most armchair supporters do not know which side is which.
Yes, I mute most of the time. But there's not always a choice, like when watching with family or mates. Also during a game you occasionally want to sample the crowd / atmosphere or catch the take on a particular incident, eg the verdict on a penalty, dive or whatever - until eventually the interminable drivel being spouted by the likes of Tyler obliges the mute once again.

In reality it's practically impossible to stay muted 100% of the time.

It's not just the fans who feel there could be more balance in the media. However, I think as we become more successful our influence will grow.

Maybe true, but aren't we the crowd they play to?

The problem is bias at the basic broadcast level. I don't have a problem with the likes of Wright and Henry showing bias in their opinions, I expect it of them. Curiously, they seem to be the people who show the proper respect to the rivalry.

Exactly this.

I think every fan feels that the world is against them -including referees, the authorities and the media. I really don't buy the theory that Sky/BT have any sort of agenda against us but I do think that they haven't moved on from the 'Top 4 are Man U, Chelsea, Woolwich and Liverpool and everyone else is irrelevant' - Emirates Marketing Project have joined that gang.

We, and City are suffering from the previous generation of failure - the current crop of pundits who played in late 90s/early 2000s are from Woolwich, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea and so it does make some sense for Sky/BT to front these guys up as their panel of experts.I would however, concede, that these pundits still base some of their views on the Spurs teams they played against during our darkest days who were flimsy and sold our best players and so maybe don't take us as seriously as we merit.

I personally don't think J Redknapp has any axe to grind against us; it seems a bit of a perpetuating myth.

That makes sense GPRD81, but every Spurs game is Martin Tyler and Alan Smith with Gooners in the studio, which just takes the p*ss.

MotD had Danny Murphy and Jermain Jenas discussing Spurs for example - there are plenty of ex-players that do not hate Spurs, why pick the same tired old Gooners every time?

That makes sense GPRD81, but every Spurs game is Martin Tyler and Alan Smith with Gooners in the studio, which just takes the p*ss.

MotD had Danny Murphy and Jermain Jenas discussing Spurs for example - there are plenty of ex-players that do not hate Spurs, why pick the same tired old Gooners every time?

I don't watch enough games on TV (as a season ticket holder) to be able to comment but I think Tyler is the best commentator of the generation - he is perhaps guilty of pushing Sky's narrative through his commentary but I don't detect any bias for or against anyone, let alone us. Totally agree about Smith though - bloody boring and can't believe he's still earning a living out of it.

I don't watch enough games on TV (as a season ticket holder) to be able to comment but I think Tyler is the best commentator of the generation - he is perhaps guilty of pushing Sky's narrative through his commentary but I don't detect any bias for or against anyone, let alone us. Totally agree about Smith though - bloody boring and can't believe he's still earning a living out of it.
My smack is gobbed! Nothing to do with bias or anything like that, he is just unbearable.

I personally don't think J Redknapp has any axe to grind against us; it seems a bit of a perpetuating myth.

Respectfully disagree on this point. He might have improved recently, but I recall one or two rants from him maybe a year or two ago when he literally couldn't conceal his bitterness, a fair chunk of which appeared personal toward Daniel Levy.

I think THFC should pay to put some of our ex-players into some sort of media training so they can be pundits, having to rely on Jenas for any positivity is quite depressing, or maybe thats been tried and they can't infiltrate the scouse/gooner media mafia consortium.

Jenas - Found his calling
Murphy - Miserable taco, but I like that
Shearer - Talks sense a lot, most of the time
Lineker - Media now, not an ex footballer
Wright - Gives a measured view but admits he is a fan and admits his biases. I like.
Nevilles - Hate to say it but both are excellent pundits
Rio - See above
Ghod - Very Spurs biased. Worry this undermines his credibility.
Carragher - Actually growing on me. Needs a speech coach
Henry - Pains me to say it, but OK. Probably because realistically he doesn't have to prove anything.
Smith - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Tyler - Makes you realise the beauty of Coleman, Motson, Davies, Moore, Wolstenholme etc etc
Owen - Stick to horses
Pleat - See Smith
Hargreaves - UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/
Redknapp - Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry =

Jenas - Found his calling
Murphy - Miserable taco, but I like that
Shearer - Talks sense a lot, most of the time
Lineker - Media now, not an ex footballer
Wright - Gives a measured view but admits he is a fan and admits his biases. I like.
Nevilles - Hate to say it but both are excellent pundits
Rio - See above
Ghod - Very Spurs biased. Worry this undermines his credibility.
Carragher - Actually growing on me. Needs a speech coach
Henry - Pains me to say it, but OK. Probably because realistically he doesn't have to prove anything.
Smith - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Tyler - Makes you realise the beauty of Coleman, Motson, Davies, Moore, Wolstenholme etc etc
Owen - Stick to horses
Pleat - See Smith
Hargreaves - UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/UTD/BAYERN/
Redknapp - Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry = Jamie = Harry =

I love Pleat. Mispronunciations, old school anecdotes. What's not to like?

Pat Nevin never gets mentioned and he's really, really good.

I do like Claridge as well.

I'm 55 and this fudgestick is the only commentator I have ever heard berating the home support for bad language and it was us twice in consecutive games this season. Grimaces as he pays us a compliment, then goes on with some derogatory statistic, or reference to an inability to hold onto our best players/ cannot win at Wembley. Hate the prick.

Back