• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Amid all the rumours he had a meeting with Poch yesterday who assured him he's in his plans for the coming season and he is targeting two players for every position as a MINIMUM.

Bournemouth and WBA were both sniffing.

Any word as to where he/Poch see his best position this season Roy?

Amid all the rumours he had a meeting with Poch yesterday who assured him he's in his plans for the coming season and he is targeting two players for every position as a MINIMUM.

Do you know how his ankle is shaping up?

I like to think this is good man management to keep him interested before we accept a bid of £8m plus from anyone with the cash.

Started the game today so looks like he will be staying..

Not sure that is proof he will be staying, there are several players who have not joined up yet for pre season and we are supposed to be looking at signing another midfield player. If that is true we will be overloaded with players in that part of the team.

I cant believe that he is still in the team. We need to upgrade him especially if an operation wasnt the problem.

Why should it matter whether he needed an operation or not? A persistent injury that needs rest to heal can be just as disruptive to a players form.

"Our gaffer is very big on training your way into the team and you deserve to play if you’re training well, so I’m sure if me and Nabil go back in pre-season and train and play well, there is no reason why the gaffer wouldn’t start us."

Dear Ryan,

There is actually a perfect reason... unfortunately, you are not good enough to be a starter for a team aspiring for a CL place. I like you immensely and the fact that you are an Academy graduate adds to that positive admiration. But - much as it pains me - your level is that of us, two seasons ago.... 7th and below.

You can fill in most midfield places but have nowhere like the spatial awareness of a Dier, the ball possession of a Dembele, the tackling of a Wanyama, the passing of an Eriksen or the all-action style and skill set of a Lamela - and that's even before mentioning the attacking prowess and box-to-box skills of Alli (who realistically you will need to replace). I would hazard to say that even a Pritchard offers more at the moment because he seems to have a coolness in front of goal that unfortunately you still struggle with.

I would be more than happy to see you stay as a squad player but I think neither you nor us should not be under any ilusions that you will be anything more than that.

And much as I would love you to prove me wrong, I honestly doubt that you will.

Whatever happens he seems to have the right positive attitude

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...place-under-mauricio-pochettino-a3295021.html

"Our gaffer is very big on training your way into the team and you deserve to play if you’re training well, so I’m sure if me and Nabil go back in pre-season and train and play well, there is no reason why the gaffer wouldn’t start us."

Is he trying to say, its not me that's not good enough its the gaffer who has it all wrong for not picking me?

Dear Ryan,

There is actually a perfect reason... unfortunately, you are not good enough to be a starter for a team aspiring for a CL place. I like you immensely and the fact that you are an Academy graduate adds to that positive admiration. But - much as it pains me - your level is that of us, two seasons ago.... 7th and below.

You can fill in most midfield places but have nowhere like the spatial awareness of a Dier, the ball possession of a Dembele, the tackling of a Wanyama, the passing of an Eriksen or the all-action style and skill set of a Lamela - and that's even before mentioning the attacking prowess and box-to-box skills of Alli (who realistically you will need to replace). I would hazard to say that even a Pritchard offers more at the moment because he seems to have a coolness in front of goal that unfortunately you still struggle with.

I would be more than happy to see you stay as a squad player but I think neither you nor us should not be under any ilusions that you will be anything more than that.

And much as I would love you to prove me wrong, I honestly doubt that you will.

Dear oh dear.

Back