• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

You're right the stats can be misleading but the fact is neither Carroll nor Mason are good enough to command a regular place in our team.

Facts?
Thats completely subjective.
Anyway this isnt about this season its about the future.
Last season Dembele "wasn't good enough", same with Lamela.
Pochettino improves players. Carroll has had a season with Poch.

We need these Phil Neville, John O'Shea, Wes Brown, Darren Fletcher types in our squad. Players who have come through our system and know the club.

Really.... I know Everton fans who have started to realise how limited McCarthy is. I said it last year that he is poo and it's shown this year with their awful defensive record despite playing two well regarded (but clearly crap) holding midfielders.

I think Mason has plenty to offer but as I've also said it's an area we need to build up our strength in as the drop without Moussa is noticeable

The problem with McCarthy is that he's had Martinez as his manager for the last 7 years. It will be interesting to see how he plays in the Euros after a few weeks with Roy Keane on his back.

The problem with McCarthy is that he's had Martinez as his manager for the last 7 years. It will be interesting to see how he plays in the Euros after a few weeks with Roy Keane on his back.

Maybe... I just look at him and see a cery limited passer with a poor tackle success

He actually reminds me of a safe Lee Cattermole

I went to the cup semi the other week and he was invisible in a game that players like him should step up in

Facts?
Thats completely subjective.
Anyway this isnt about this season its about the future.
Last season Dembele "wasn't good enough", same with Lamela.
Pochettino improves players. Carroll has had a season with Poch.

We need these Phil Neville, John O'Shea, Wes Brown, Darren Fletcher types in our squad. Players who have come through our system and know the club.

The problem is that Mason this season is more like Djemba Djemba than those reliable guys.

We need to constantly move on and improve, and if you don't move on at the same pace you'll get dropped. Bentaleb has had two years under Poch. How long do you give him? You also need to freshen up the squad and bring in the odd new face or three, so some will have to make way.

We can improve by improving the young and talented players in our squad.

How long do you give Lamela? Oh wait. No. It's now another 21 year old player we're asking "how long do we give him?" about...

Maybe we need homegrown players like Mason in our team, but if so then he need to be number 7 or 8 on the list to fight for the two places.

Spurs when Ryan Mason has started in the Premier League this season:

Played 8
Won 1
Drawn 4
Lost 3

Maybe we need homegrown players like Mason in our team, but if so then he need to be number 7 or 8 on the list to fight for the two places.

Spurs when Ryan Mason has started in the Premier League this season:

Played 8
Won 1
Drawn 4
Lost 3

Dont act like he has disgraced himself. He needs an operation and the only game I have any issue with are the last 2.

Games he started
1. We were 2-0 up when he came off against Stoke ended up 2-2.
2. Drew away to Leicester
3. Draw with Everton
4. Injured scoring the winner away at Sunderland
5. Injured in first league start against Chelsea 0-0
6. Lost away to West Ham
7. Lost to Southampton
8. Came off at ht 2-0 down to Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Not good enough overall. If he is staying then he has to be further down the pecking order due to better players coming in

How well would you play if you were cortisoned up to your eyeballs just to get you out there?

Shouldn't be playing if he is cortisoned up. He is making the wrong decision and consequently further wrong decisions on the pitch. I doubt the club are begging him to play.

Whether good enough, he's become an easy spacegoat. It wasn't Mason in isolation. Too easy to blame him. We do need more in midfield, not sure who or even if its a tweak to our shape, but with Dembele out, we're lighter no doubt.

Shouldn't be playing if he is cortisoned up. He is making the wrong decision and consequently further wrong decisions on the pitch. I doubt the club are begging him to play.

Roy's been saying since Christmas that the club made him delay his operation so he could help with the run in.

And with Bentaleb and Dembele out Poch clearly prefers at him at 50% to the other options

Whether good enough, he's become an easy escaped goat. It wasn't Mason in isolation. Too easy to blame him. We do need more in midfield, not sure who or even if its a tweak to our shape, but with Dembele out, we're lighter no doubt.

It isn't just Mason I agree but when you're without Alli and Dembele you expect the next player to be picked to be good enough to fill the void, Mason clearly isn't. Yes it can seem we're using him as a spacegoat for poor performances by the whole team but a team is made up of parts and when parts are failing the team fails.

Can't believe people are blaming him so much really.

There were so many poor. Players out there today.

I think the two instances of him getting caught in possession stick in people's minds - I don't know if that was a true reflection of his half as watched in the pub and it's hard to properly watch

I think the two instances of him getting caught in possession stick in people's minds - I don't know if that was a true reflection of his half as watched in the pub and it's hard to properly watch

Not just - also remember two passes straight to the opposition, and remember him being 50 yards off Saudi Sportswashing Machine players when they nicked the ball off Eriksen further ahead multiple times, which was usually followed by him weakly bouncing off one of them as they strode forward and he made an ineffective challenge.

He's determined, he's a Spurs lad and we need characters like him in the side.

But, on this form, his place is dead last in the 25-man squad next season, with a sale next summer if he doesn't work his way up. If he weren't a Spurs product, I'd have wanted him sold and done with this summer - the extra year I want to see him given is only because I feel like he's come up through our academy and thus deserves more of a chance than the players that didn't.

He does seem more suited to playing in one of the top 3 positions off the striker, rather than in CM. But last season him and Bentaleb did well in those central births. He may not be first choice, but he's a very decent player. Ultimately, like Townsend, he might have to move to play regularly and settle into a side.

Eriksen getting caught in possession was far more egregious to me. The attacks that directly followed led to their first goal.

Back