• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I have a feeling that if no one goes for him by the end of the window they will come to us on the final day and hopefully Danny boy tells them to fudge off or take £10m
Then you have little understanding of Peace and his personality. He will cut his nose to spite his face. The only chance is a Townsend swap with both players having inflated fees.

Then you have little understanding of Peace and his personality. He will cut his nose to spite his face. The only chance is a Townsend swap with both players having inflated fees.

The Guardian piece that a linked to a page or so back said that relations had warmed between the two clubs recently.

It's amazing how there's been a few months between transfer windows, time during which a deal could have been agreed in principle - to be finalised in January, and yet we still haven't signed a striker. Weird.

The Guardian piece that a linked to a page or so back said that relations had warmed between the two clubs recently.

But he is not going to come cap in hand and accept a 10 million bid, even if we were the only bidder. He will leave Berahino to rot in the reserves before selling him for a fee which makes him look like a having been mugged by Levy - as the previous post has suggested.

He has that type of personality; that's why, unless Townsend is part of the equation, I doubt that we will see Berahino in a lillywhite shirt come February.

We have no need for him.

What I've seen so far today has just reinforced my view that we'll be just fine without a short term Kane backup.

Not sure how you can see that Jord. We might still play some nice attractive passing,but we lack firepower if he's not playing....

First half we were excellent attacking wise. It's not about him being in there or not, he didn't improve us one bit when he came on, the whole team went to brick as Leicester retreated into their own box.

First half we were excellent attacking wise. It's not about him being in there or not, he didn't improve us one bit when he came on, the whole team went to brick as Leicester retreated into their own box.
Yes we looked very good attacking wise first half but we need someone up top who we can rely on to score in Kane's absence. I really rate Son but he isn't that guy for me

We have no need for him.

What I've seen so far today has just reinforced my view that we'll be just fine without a short term Kane backup.

I pretty much agree.

Confirmation bias and all that, but I again though that what we missed today without Kane was a real physical threat up front. And thus I still struggle to see that Berahino is the solution to our problems.

Didn't think we went to brick. But we struggled to create chances. A lot of our chances were long range efforts and crosses. Problem is that our crosses were aimed at Son, Chadli, Onomah and Eriksen. Not exactly going to work out a ton against Polish centre halves the size of phone boots.

We got into a lot of good crossing positions with Trippier and Rose, also with our attacking midfielders and even Alderweireld. Often we didn't cross it (which is fine), but when we did we just didn't have the physical presence in the box.

Don't think we would have been any better with Berahino today instead of Son.

We have no need for him.

The difference between falling off the pace and keeping the same tempo as the first half of the season is making the right signings in January.

We have been giving up top 4 places in the past for not strengthening in January.

Not sure how you can see that Jord. We might still play some nice attractive passing,but we lack firepower if he's not playing....

We couldn't get the ball to Son, and his movement is far better than Berahino's

Berahino is useful when we want to play on the break. He's not effective against bus parkers.

Imho Berahino would be a great signing for us. He has hardly played for the Baggies since the nonsense in the summer window.And I think it is obvious to everyone he does not want to be there anymore I think his strength and pace would suit our style of play. He is a proven goal scorer, is young, and with Poch's arm around his shoulder he will blossom into another great young talent the press will soon be raving about once he gets up to full fitness/sharpness

We couldn't get the ball to Son, and his movement is far better than Berahino's

Berahino is useful when we want to play on the break. He's not effective against bus parkers.
You keep on saying this, but I keep on wondering what is based upon? Surely you'd have to watch Berahino play against bus parkers before making this assumption? Can you tell me what bus parkers you have watched Berahino play centre forward against and fail to have an impact?

Clearly the standard was a lot lower but I can remember Berahino scoring 4 goals against the bus parkers of Gateshead in the FA Cup last year.

We've drawn 9 games plus yesterday.....we do need another striker,a poacher someone who lives in the 6 yard box,we've got plenty of players who hang around the 18 yard box even furthur out sometimes.

How many times does Son (and Kane) get his shot block on the edge of the box i lose count after 9/10/11times......

We've drawn 9 games plus yesterday.....we do need another striker,a poacher someone who lives in the 6 yard box,we've got plenty of players who hang around the 18 yard box even furthur out sometimes.

How many times does Son (and Kane) get his shot block on the edge of the box i lose count after 9/10/11times......
We've also scored a few goals this season. Is it lack of a goalscorer, or lack of experience? Think Lloris said he hopes we buy some experience.

Back