• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I still would take Benteke, personally think him and Kane would be a tremendous partnership

Yep - was just thinking that his emergence should cool the rumours linking us with Rodriguez, unless we want to buy like idiots once again. I like Rodriguez, but he is very much a similar to player to Kane and both like to play off the front man and can do a job up top as well. Tbf Rodriguez has more pace so potentially could complement him but IMO they are too similar. Esp for 20million..... when we have Chadli who could be competing for Kane's place at times too.

I don't necessarily think they are better players, but i think Benteke or Beharino would be very complementary. Watching us against Everton + Chelsea I thought we looked good going forward at times, but would be a different sort of animal with a seriously quick and powerful forward on the shoulder of their centre halves.

Heres to hoping we actually buy clever and don't overload once again on similar types of player.

Last edited:
Another great display today. One thing I'm not sure about is how we can get the most out of him. Do we sign a real goalscorer to play ahead of him at #9 or are we looking to place him at #9 and throw in a tricky player just off him?

Another great display today. One thing I'm not sure about is how we can get the most out of him. Do we sign a real goalscorer to play ahead of him at #9 or are we looking to place him at #9 and throw in a tricky player just off him?

I've always said that I think he's very Teddy Sheringham like - he's a big man but with great footballing skills and a footballing brain. I think the way we're playing him at the moment is the right place for him

He likes coming from space, so we need someone who is going at the defenders, bullying them, pushing/dragging them to leave space for Kane & Eriksen

edit ... any new striker MUST have real pace.

Did better than Soldado as a number 9 after the sub today.

We have other players capable of playing the slightly deeper role Kane fills when the two of them are on the pitch together. We don't have another #9 capable of holding the ball up and properly leading the line unless Ade magically reappears motivated and in form.

Love this guy. Gives his all in every game. That chance at the end, he was almost out on his feet, I am convinced had he got the same chance 10/15mins earlier he would have buried it.
Now ahead of Soldado in the Spurs goalscorer charts in less appearances too

Love this guy. Gives his all in every game. That chance at the end, he was almost out on his feet, I am convinced had he got the same chance 10/15mins earlier he would have buried it.
Now ahead of Soldado in the Spurs goalscorer charts in less appearances too

Was a decent finish. Calm and composed, took his time, tried to place it, but just couldn't quite get it around the goalie. With fresher legs he might just have done as you say.

Doing really well at the moment in deed.

We 100% need a quick physical and direct number 9 and that should bring out the best in kane. We already have too many tricky number 10! Going forward we need a bit more pace and we can have kane as a 10 or a 9 when needed.

Kane is still improving. He can become more clinical. He knows he needs to keep working hard which is really encouraging. He spoke about watching Bale work on his game and how it paid off, which was an example he's following. Still a lot to come from him. We need Ade however, as he will burn himself out. Hope we can get the lanky lazy one on form for the games over xmas.

Kane is still improving. He can become more clinical. He knows he needs to keep working hard which is really encouraging. He spoke about watching Bale work on his game and how it paid off, which was an example he's following. Still a lot to come from him. We need Ade however, as he will burn himself out. Hope we can get the lanky lazy one on form for the games over xmas.

Traore on loan from Monaco would be a good option.

We 100% need a quick physical and direct number 9 and that should bring out the best in kane. We already have too many tricky number 10! Going forward we need a bit more pace and we can have kane as a 10 or a 9 when needed.

Agreed, I would take a Benteke or a Bony

Love him, and love it that we are getting quite a few academy lads involved with the first team now. Long may it continue.

Been very impressive recently. I still have no faith in him maintaining anywhere near this sort of standard after the inevitable England call-up and loss of form that typically follows it. But I'm certainly enjoying it while it lasts. You can tell he's a true yiddo as his work rate is fantastic. Going to need a big performance from him on Wednesday night.

That's the thing, by the Palace game he looked dead having played 3 games in a week. We have no other options up top right now unless we draft a kid out of the development squads. I think we could get away with Soldado and one of Townsend/Lamela/Chadli in behind, but we do need to improve our options come January.

@WhoScored: Harry Kane: Has now scored 10 goals in his last 15 games for Tottenham #thfc

B40_eUGCEAAPeh0.jpg

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/544160926585597953

So why did this guy get man if the match and such rave reviews? Genuine question. I watched the game, but people were chatting to me and there was no commentary. I didn't quite see a motm performancesnd genuinely curious why he was so good today.

Back