• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

This is because Eriksen has a higher level of football intelligence and he knows how to find space and get in the right positions. Footballingly, Lamela is somewhat of a retread.

Exactly right. He plays like he is brain dead and nearly always at one pace... Slooooooow

He has to learn bloody quickly how to pass. I mean basic passing not flash passes. There were a few times today when he couldn't muster a pass to a spurs player 5 yards away!!!!!

He is clearly frustrated and I think that makes him try harder and therefore he doesn't play a natural game but he has to get smart quickly

Ignoring the lack of width he offers he contributes so little it's painful now

He.

Is.

Not.

A.

Winger.

Repeat to fade.

We need him running in behind defences, playing off the shoulder of the last man, getting into goalscoring positions. That's the only way we're going to get any value from him in this side.

Worked his **** off. Really good pressing ended up with 3 tackles and 4 interceptions.
Compare that with eriksen 1 of each, soldado none, chadli none, dembele 1 interception, Kane 5 tackles.

And still zero goals. Meanwhile, Kane, Chadli and Eriksen have 15 league goals between them. Could have been sent off twice today.

We've supposedly paid £30m for someone who can tackle (poorly most of the time) and work hard?

It was up to interpretation, another ref could have given both as reds.

He put his team at risk ..

RiskMatrix01.jpg

risk is not necessarily a bad thing. someone has to take the initiative to the opponent and i didn't see anyone but lamela trying yesterday. he put in a few crucial tackles and was very busy defending too.

and its much better losing the ball in front of the opponents penalty box than how bentaleb nearly gave the ball away several times in the midfield. that verts yellow could easily have been red under yesterday's conditions.

i agree nothing came out of it, but i'm of the attack is the best defence frame of mind. otherwise we should welcome AVB back with his cautious defensive possession play (which i enjoyed watching too).

And still zero goals. Meanwhile, Kane, Chadli and Eriksen have 15 league goals between them. Could have been sent off twice today.

We've supposedly paid £30m for someone who can tackle (poorly most of the time) and work hard?

what does 30 million have to do with anything? That clearly is the sticking point here for most of us

Certainly far from acceptable if work rate is the only positive thing you can find on a 30M+ player.

If things don't go well , make it simple.

If he is really still adapting the league as what we called it then he should keep it far from complicate.

Zero output other than running around a lot. Getting worse and now trying to get himself sent off. Needs to spend some time out of the first team. If we can somehow get back 2 thirds of what we paid for him then we should sell him in Jan.

He is trying way too hard. And nothing is coming off for him. Way too often he was the reason we lost the ball yesterday. Powderpuff in most tackles then other times nearly gets sent off. Offered nothing going forward and was a passenger. Yet he stayed on the pitch for nearly the whole game. Better to bring him off the bench and see if he can be an impact player until he gets something going.

There was one piece of play where he picked the ball up just inside Swansea's half I think and beat a a couple of men in the middle of the pitch and was bearing down directly towards Swansea's penalty area but his pass didnt find his man and that sums him up. Can look like he's on the cusp of creating something but that final piece of play, shot/pass or whatever isn't happening for him. I think it will come eventually and at times find his performances on here over exaggerated....

It was up to interpretation, another ref could have given both as reds.

He put his team at risk ..

williams could have been given a red too, and someone nipped kane in ankle causing him to fall in the penalty box.

it was awful conditions, everyone wasn't as graceful as they could be.

There was one piece of play where he picked the ball up just inside Swansea's half I think and beat a a couple of men in the middle of the pitch and was bearing down directly towards Swansea's penalty area but his pass didnt find his man and that sums him up. Can look like he's on the cusp of creating something but that final piece of play, shot/pass or whatever isn't happening for him. I think it will come eventually and at times find his performances on here over exaggerated....

i don't think any one is over exaggerating but the question is if not lamela then who.

williams could have been given a red too, and someone nipped kane in ankle causing him to fall in the penalty box.

it was awful conditions, everyone wasn't as graceful as they could be.

The Kane penalty incident was accidental contact from their player I thought. I thought Williams kicked the ball through the gap in Kane's legs (although there was also contact as he followed through). Lamela's two offences were cowards challenges I thought. Both should've been straight red cards. An arm thrown into the face of their player on purpose and a shocking two footed jump tackle that he was lucky the Swansea player moved out of the way of.

I don't think Poch is doing him any favours by keeping him in the starting 11. He is clearly pressing, should be used as an impact sub if need be and nothing more at the moment.

I have lost patience with this guy now he just is not good enough, i am sure most people we have for that position will do better.

Back