• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Worked his **** off and always looked for the ball. Always tried (unlike quite a few others). But he consistently attempts the option that is just a little too unlikely to come off. I expect that to be fixable through a bit of coaching.

he needs to keep his head, I'm not sure he is ever really in control
of his actions, could easily have had 2 reds today

Not blaming Lamela for the poor performance as the reasoning goes beyond Lamela but as a player and from what I have seen he is utter ****e.

People will no dout compare Soldado and Lamela and why Soldado gets away with it - simply put - Soldado has shown way more in terms of his all round play and ability. Lamela has been really poor and its very funny whenever I see him play. So if you want a comedic act then he is definitely the player to watch.

When he receives the ball from a throw in somehow it always ends up above his head. By the time he has brought it down and controlled it, three players tackle him. Very strange.

Worked his **** off and always looked for the ball. Always tried (unlike quite a few others). But he consistently attempts the option that is just a little too unlikely to come off. I expect that to be fixable through a bit of coaching.

I think he is beyond coaching for this league.

Not blaming Lamela for the poor performance as the reasoning goes beyond Lamela but as a player and from what I have seen he is utter ****e.

People will no dout compare Soldado and Lamela and why Soldado gets away with it - simply put - Soldado has shown way more in terms of his all round play and ability. Lamela has been really poor and its very funny whenever I see him play. So if you want a comedic act then he is definitely the player to watch.

Soldado has been just as bad - look at how many problems Bony gave us compared to Soldado giving us nothing. Scary to think of how much we spent on both

At which point then will you decide that it hasnt worked? If I saw improvement and progress then fine, but you expect it to be some kind of cut off where one game will be totally different from the other then thats it - a resurrected player.

Soldado has been just as bad - look at how many problems Bony gave us compared to Soldado giving us nothing. Scary to think of how much we spent on both

He was poor today but he had none of the ball, his all round game is generally more productive than todays. Im also talking about a few games not just one game, for me its an overall picture not just a game by game basis.

thought he started off okay, the tailed off for a bit, then raised his game to okay / acceptable again

Defensive duties should count towards overall performance. we were away from home so working hard for the team defensively must count for something surely

but the ranking on contribution from all flank men would have ended up

eriksen....
routledge
lamela
moreno

yes i put lamela ahead of moreno as i feel there was alot of huff and puff from him but nothing really substantial and he was not very good defensively

How difficult would it be to replace Lamela with a more useful player using the proceeds from selling him? Not that difficult I suspect. I'd rather put some money towards a good striker, or a proper LM or a playmaker. We just don't need Lamela.

The elbow and two footed challenge tell me that he is getting frustrated. He knows that he has not shown anything and I think this trend will continue. He is a liability.

How difficult would it be to replace Lamela with a more useful player using the proceeds from selling him? Not that difficult I suspect. I'd rather put some money towards a good striker, or a proper LM or a playmaker. We just don't need Lamela.

We have more useful players already

The problem is getting any kind of return on him

He had a mare again, in my opion AS is wrong, Moreno was at least a pain for us .. can't say Lamela caused any trouble for Swansea

I think Poch's fear is without Lamela, our midfield on paper is a lot less creative, the problem on the pitch is Lamela is not even bringing that.

I don't think he is suited to the roll he's been given. He's constantly seeking to come inside and by doing so we lose an easy pass for the fullback. He looks to come short and play a quick give and go in situations when he should be turning and pulling a man wide to make space for the player with the ball.

I'm not convinced he can cut it unless he's given the #10 role or perhaps as the wide man in a 433. His game needs to change or we make him the centre of ours, but today he was more of a passenger.

Lamela's end of game report:
Creativity - 0
Dribbling - 0
Incisive passing - 0
Set piece play - 0
Energy - 7
Defensive shift - 6
Tackling - 6
Reckless challenges - 9
Liability and red card risk - 10

I think Poch's fear is without Lamela, our midfield on paper is a lot less creative, the problem on the pitch is Lamela is not even bringing that.

Actually I think it is the opposite. When Lamela plays he sort of puts a hex on Eriksen. When Lamela does not play or when he is subbed, Eriken comes out of some shell and starts to play as we know he can (happened against Everton and again today). My take is that since Lamela constantly comes inside he overloads the middle and takes away the spaces and pockets that Eriksen's game requires.

Actually I think it is the opposite. When Lamela plays he sort of puts a hex on Eriksen. When Lamela does not play or when he is subbed, Eriken comes out of some shell and starts to play as we know he can (happened against Everton and again today). My take is that since Lamela constantly comes inside he overloads the middle and takes away the spaces and pockets that Eriksen's game requires.

Not disagreeing .. but Poch seems to have a different opinion

I've been out all day and missed the game - I'll watch it later on a stream - but I kind of feel like I've seen Lamela's performance already, it's pretty much the same every time he plays.

I kind of made up my mind a year ago that we made a mistake in signing him, and even bigger one paying the money we did. I just don't think he's that great a footballer, standing still he does lots of fancy tricks that look good on youtube, but when running with it I don't get the impression he's totally in control of what's going on and seeing what's happening on the pitch - the faster the game, the worse he looks. He'll make a decent player in a slower league but he'll never be a great one in any league.

Great players effect games in any league and any team.

If we can get 15 mil for him we should sell him and learn the lesson - Players that are genuinely worth 30 Million will go to teams who pay 30 million pound player wages. To be brutally honest, if he was really that good Chelsea or Man Utd would have been in for him.

Eriksen and Chadli are the sort of signings we should concentrate on.

Not disagreeing .. but Poch seems to have a different opinion

Or else he is under immense pressure from Levy to play him. Soldado is off as soon as we have a decent replacement; if Lamela goes the same way, it will make Levy look like a clown - blowing away half of Bale's inheritance on two duds...

Or else he is under immense pressure from Levy to play him. Soldado is off as soon as we have a decent replacement; if Lamela goes the same way, it will make Levy look like a clown - blowing away half of Bale's inheritance on two duds...
He is going to look like a mug as Lamela isn't getting any better

The key now is replacing him with the right player. For example, if we sold him and Eriksen was the replacement, that would save face

Back