• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs West Brom*** Official Match Thread

Holtby will come on once we're losing and we'll battle back into it as they sit deeper, but will we come up against a world class keeping display yet again?

Massive game today with Everton and Chelsea slipping up. Scum coming up the backside with their win. Have a couple of winnable games after this as well (Saudi Sportswashing Machine & West Ham) so good chance to kick on and string a mini run together as March/first half of April has a tough run of fixtures.

Worried about Lukaku, saw him on new years day and he was looking beastly.

Thought Kane might have been on the bench just so that we a CF available. Really got to hope Togo go out this evening

Bit late in the season for experimenting. Let's see how he does in Europe but word is he could be loaned.

Unbeaten in the last 6 league games.

I'd actually forgotten that due to the air of despair that permeates anywhere Spurs fans have gathered recently.

Not even on bench. A bit unfair IMO.

Agree - I think Gallas is ready for the glue factory similar to how Ledley was last year. Would rather that we use Daws, Vert, Caulker and Kaboul as our main 4 CBs and then only turn to Gallas is absolutely necessary. Would then release Gallas in the summer

I see West Brom are going 442 for a change. Long and Lukuku will be a handful for Verts and Dawson.
But Parker and Dembele will have an easier game in midfield.

Verts, Dembele and BAE need to up their games from last time if we are gonna be playing with some fluency.

we need to start faster today, no point getting to 65mins 2-1 down to play well

Yep - 4 poor performances on a the trot. Need to rediscover top 4 form soon otherwise can see us ending up disappointed come May.

Appreciate that AVB likes to bring players in slowly but I would have liked to see him start in place of Dempsey today. ALso means that say we bring Holtby on for Demspey after 50-60 mins, then suddenly there's no CF on the bench and the only one who could fill in there (Dempsey) would have been removed

MOTD's Steve Wilson at The Hawthorns
West Brom v Tottenham (1330 GMT)
"The whole sorry incident of Peter Odemwingie's "the transfer that never was" is a shame because he has been great for West Brom and they have been great for him. Steve Clarke has resisted the temptation to send his wayward striker in front of the baying crowd by picking him for Sunday. Tottenham didn't get everything they wanted in the transfer window, but Lewis Holtby is an interesting player and finding a club willing to take Heurelho Gomes was a work of genius."

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas talking to Sky: "I am extremely happy with our January business with Lewis Holtby and the squad is ready. We believe a lot in the group we have.

"West Brom are very competitive, Shane Long and Romelu Lukaku are a strong partnership so we have to keep an eye on it."

Really? I'm guessing that we have signed Holtby to compete with Dempsey, not replace Parker.

I think Holtby has been signed to fill in in the VdV position - someone we havent replaced.

Biggest influence on the result today is what version of JD turns up. We badly need some goals from him again

Back