• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

KS took him apart again and Boris couldn’t ask a many other questions either.

I sensed even the Tories getting annoyed with his apparent lack of attention to detail.

Sadly for Johnson his premiership was meant to be about desk banging and speeches about Brexit, he’s clearly not set up to deal with this.

Thing is you don't have to be able to deal with it, if you have a competent team below you thinking ahead and predicting all of this (wasn't hard to think of all the questions that would come up) then you just need to be able to present it and point to the relevant answer. A lot of great managers I've worked with aren't necessarily the brains of the operation but know when to delegate and take advice from others.

But the people doing some of the behind the scenes work are lacking.

KS took him apart again and Boris couldn’t ask a many other questions either.

I sensed even the Tories getting annoyed with his apparent lack of attention to detail.

Sadly for Johnson his premiership was meant to be about desk banging and speeches about Brexit, he’s clearly not set up to deal with this.

I didn't realise Starmer wouldn't get a chance to reply, so Boris was able to obfuscate with no come back. Let's see how much questioning he gets from the journalists later on.

Re the attention to detail - I recall when he was at the Foreign Office there was a documentary following him in his role and it was very clear from that that he didn't like detail - he looked plain bored whenever he was being briefed.

I got a bit of anxiety when I went into town to pick up some prescriptions on Friday. There were a lot of people about which freaked me out as we live in the sticks and see next to nobody - will be my tenth week working from home this week and I’ve been to the petrol station twice in that time to get cigars.

We’re not even bothering with zoom now - nothing to say - same with most WhatsApp groups.

So I think the message that there is a plan to open up is welcome - It’s a bit of hope.

Not sure what the plan is in respect of dentists, chiropodists, opticians and the like is. Could do with them opening really.

But if the government has said businesses can open then workers more than likely can't be furloughed and insurance claims can't be made - as happened with pubs before the lockdown. Same with the 'opening up' in the US. Unemployment then falls on the employer and the numbers look better.
Nobody was furloughed to keep them safe, they were furloughed because we're in a recession bigger than anything in the last 75 years.

Furlough payments are to stop struggling businesses from laying people off and worsening the problem.

That's what got me the career as a stripper.

Stripper, BTW, is the Australian word for "classy wife.". They're the good ones you try not to punch ;)

Wrong again as usual. I think if someone could be fcuked and fact check half the crap that you post as gospel, you'd be somewhere between Trump and Johnson as a truth %. Maybe that's it, you're somewhere in the middle of a trump and a johnson?

Last edited:
Wrong again as usual. I think if someone could be fcuked and fact check half the crap that you post as gospel, you'd be somewhere between Trump and Johnson as a truth %. Maybe that's it, you're somewhere in the middle of a trump and a johnson?
Hey, no need to get aggressive with me. I'm not your wife.

Go drink some of that beer coloured water you lot are so fond of and relax.

SO you can have cleaners and nanny's back working for you, but not if they are family members (according to Matt Hanrooster this morning)

That surprises me, I thought the focus of this weeks changes was so they could knock that on the head.

I think it helps emphasise that it's not business as usual and a gradual phased return is what's being required. The support of the furlough scheme should make that a bit easier. Sunak's just talked about adapting it in a couple of months to allow for part-time return to work and also for employers to begin taking on some of the costs as appropriate, but the 80% level will remain for at least 4 months.

The Media and Gov need to stop scaremongering or people are just not going to go back and this will all be cost for nothing as companies will still cut jobs.

They need to start dealing with facts that the young have minimal risk and the older/heath issues are at most risk and work with that.

20,000 of the deaths are either over 80 or care home deaths.

2/3 of the deaths - we are wrecking havoc

That surprises me, I thought the focus of this weeks changes was so they could knock that on the head.

This could really slow things down. Less activity will lead to less activity. Think we might have come up with something more nuanced to encourage business to work where possible.

1 person in Korea infected over 100 people in a night club whilst throwing some sexy shapes.

I’m pretty certain more than 2.6 million have had it

Or it’s not as infectious as first thought.

There have been some studies that have tested random samples of the population - to ascertain how widely it actually spread.

Would have been good for us to do the same instead of selling our testing kit to the US.

As you evidenced, it is logical to presume that this virus has spread widely and mortality is therefore lower.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

1 person in Korea infected over 100 people in a night club whilst throwing some sexy shapes.

I’m pretty certain more than 2.6 million have had it

Or it’s not as infectious as first thought.

I'm not certain about anything. The truth is that we still don't know how infectious it is or the mortality rate.

I'm interested in research though, even more so as the available data improves.

Back