• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I realise it’s still very early on and there is clearly still a confidence issue with the squad and Jose needs time to rectify that not to mention sign at least 3-4 players. But yesterday did nothing to quash my fears about his style of play not being effective anymore. All of the top teams these days are good on the ball and control the game, especially in midfield. I’m just not sure the playing chicken and aiming for a 1-0 works as effectively as it used to. You only have to look the last World Cup and the champions league to see how much more attack minded football is compared to when Jose was a dominant force in the game.

I realise it’s still very early on and there is clearly still a confidence issue with the squad and Jose needs time to rectify that not to mention sign at least 3-4 players. But yesterday did nothing to quash my fears about his style of play not being effective anymore. All of the top teams these days are good on the ball and control the game, especially in midfield. I’m just not sure the playing chicken and aiming for a 1-0 works as effectively as it used to. You only have to look the last World Cup and the champions league to see how much more attack minded football is compared to when Jose was a dominant force in the game.

Except we did nothing of the sort lining up with 4 attackers. If he was going for a classic Jose 1-0 he would have never picked that team.

Looking from the outside is one thing but he must be shocked to see first hand the lack of big game mentality within our squad. Who turned up yesterday? Sanchez, SisWisdom and Ndombele. That's pathetic.

Chelsea were employing all the tricks of the trade and we were looking around confused like we've never played a London derby before. Like he said, we need to stop being sad and start being angry.

Except we did nothing of the sort lining up with 4 attackers. If he was going for a classic Jose 1-0 he would have never picked that team.

Looking from the outside is one thing but he must be shocked to see first hand the lack of big game meteorology within our squad. Who turned up yesterday? Sanchez, SisWisdom and Ndombele. That's pathetic.

Chelsea were employing all the tricks of the trade and we were looking around confused like we've never played a London derby before. Like he said, we need to stop being sad and start being angry.

A formation that didn't work against utd and didn't work from the start yesterday and yet he didn't change it.
Attitude is a big help, and we are sadly lacking it but this is fully on Jose.
He has watched us for a year and doesn't know what our problems are, who is up for it and who can be relied on, not good.

So it turns out that Mourinho isnt the messiah, just a very naughty boy who hasn't learnt that this setup doesn't work

It doesn't seem to matter what formation we play, if we have Dier or Winks plus Sissoko in the centre we always have the same problem. The probelme being that as soon as a team presses us as these players go to pieces as they all seem to need too much time to get there heads up, turn and make a pass forwards. They continually play tippy tappy with the defence and very rarely try to break the press, so our creative players get stifled, movement off the ball stops and then we are left lumping balls up to Kane that get smothered by the opponents defence that now has all the time in the world to get organised.

The annoying thing is that when they take a chance to move the ball forward it can actually work, Sissoko tried it once yesterday, Dier in previous games has "had a go", we have all seen Winks given time can dictate midfield (especially for England).

If Mourinho is as good as they say he is then we should never see these players paired together in midfield again in an EPL match. I for one would rather see us play some of the kids like Skip or Oakley-Boothe rather that watch that pile of brick again this season

So it turns out that Mourinho isnt the messiah, just a very naughty boy who hasn't learnt that this setup doesn't work

It doesn't seem to matter what formation we play, if we have Dier or Winks plus Sissoko in the centre we always have the same problem. The probelme being that as soon as a team presses us as these players go to pieces as they all seem to need too much time to get there heads up, turn and make a pass forwards. They continually play tippy tappy with the defence and very rarely try to break the press, so our creative players get stifled, movement off the ball stops and then we are left lumping balls up to Kane that get smothered by the opponents defence that now has all the time in the world to get organised.

The annoying thing is that when they take a chance to move the ball forward it can actually work, Sissoko tried it once yesterday, Dier in previous games has "had a go", we have all seen Winks given time can dictate midfield (especially for England).

If Mourinho is as good as they say he is then we should never see these players paired together in midfield again in an EPL match. I for one would rather see us play some of the kids like Skip or Oakley-Boothe rather that watch that pile of brick again this season

I don't think that you can accuse Winks of not being able to deal with being pressed. He is very good on the ball under pressure and receiving the ball on the turn.

I don't think that you can accuse Winks of not being able to deal with being pressed. He is very good on the ball under pressure and receiving the ball on the turn.

I like Winks, I think he is one of our better midfield players, but when he plays with Dier or Sissoko he is a lot more conservative in his play than when he is next to someone like Eriksen for example, we know he has it in him to move the ball quickly and dictate the tempo in midfield, we have seen examples of this when he has played for England, just not so much for us when paired with either of the above..

Personally I think Winks seems to excel in a mobile CM pairing, and for that I think he needs to have time on the pitch with players like N'Dombele or GLC or even Skip, players that are continually on the move looking to receive the ball even in tight spaces and always looking to break forward either through a pass or with the ball at feet.

On a separate note, I don’t understand why Lo Celso is still getting so little game time? Can anyone give a decent explanation?

Where would you play him?

- Front 4 is set (Son, Dele, Lucas, Kane), so would you play him as one of the two sitting CMs?

Perhaps with Son out for a few games he might get a run.

Where would you play him?

- Front 4 is set (Son, Dele, Lucas, Kane), so would you play him as one of the two sitting CMs?

Perhaps with Son out for a few games he might get a run.
I’d drop Moura for a game
But now son is out there’s room
Will add that Dele was atrociously bad yesterday with the ball

Agreed. Sadly -when isolated- it is a problem. Bayern shower that, with the help of another vintage Aurier “performance”...so many of our issues start when he is in the starting 11...

Back