• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

The underlying fact is that the squad needs overhauling/time. Poch tried for a couple of years and eventually ran out steam/patience. Mourinho is dealing with the same hand and trying to do the best he can. I have no issue with him at all (despite the fact I think even Roy Orbison could see that Aurier should NOT BE fudging PLAYING!!!!!)...

Again, for me, this is Daniel's game to play. Back the manager. Whatever he wants he should have.

It is all down to opinions and does depend on whether you're looking at the broader picture of how some non football related issues affected the game but if you're just looking at our performance today I'm sorry but the bolded is just outrageously incorrect.

Chelsea had control of the game but we weren't absolutely raped like the AVB collapses. They were proper Pulp Fiction + no lube situations + dark alley type situations that unsurprisingly no one wants to re-visit.

Some suicidal moments and playing right in to Chelsea's system yes for sure; no one is saying it was a pleasant watch but I don't think you can seriously say that it was worse than Bayern at home or the Brighton game.

Forgot about Bayern but the first half there was better than anything today.

Brighton was as bad now you mention it but at least we had a couple of efforts on goal. Today, I don't think we hit the target until injury time. It was a catastrophic performance and we were utterly outclassed.

We threw the baby out with the bathwater - that was my opinion then, it is my opinion now, and will remain my opinion going forward. Whatever Mourinho's merits, Poch was better for us as a club, and as a person, he made me proud to be Spurs in a way that Mpurinho simply doesn't.

But I fully agree, @thfcsteff - the same squad issues that brought Poch down are bringing Mourinho down. There's no blame attached to Mourinho for that - and it's on Levy to fix.

We threw the baby out with the bathwater - that was my opinion then, it is my opinion now, and will remain my opinion going forward. Whatever Mourinho's merits, Poch was better for us as a club, and as a person, he made me proud to be Spurs in a way that Mpurinho simply doesn't.

But I fully agree, @thfcsteff - the same squad issues that bought Poch down are bringing Mourinho down. There's no blame attached to Mourinho for that - and it's on Levy to fix.

You know my thoughts on the matter are exactly the same mate. Exactly the same. I watched the CL semi-second leg highlights again last night and got a chill down my spine and a tear in my eye again as Poch sunk to his knees...it will never quite be that again, and I can only be grateful we experienced it.

I have to think that you have a better command of the English language than to throw that around. Please don't. I ask this not as a mod but as a man who finds the word -let alone the action it represents- vile.

The use of English isn't great in the overuse of the word situations which I should have self edited but I don't think that's what you're getting at here. I'm actually a bit puzzled by your post. To be clear, by using the term in a footballing analogy I am not condoning the literal act and if the use of the term has crossed some sort of line then I don't understand the line. Despite that, I apologise if I have touched a nerve. Murder is a also vile thing but I don't think you would have kicked off if I'd have used that figuratively.

Forgot about Bayern but the first half there was better than anything today.

Brighton was as bad now you mention it but at least we had a couple of efforts on goal. Today, I don't think we hit the target until injury time. It was a catastrophic performance and we were utterly outclassed.

With you on that 100%, and I'm sorry about my post having a very "I"m right you're wrong" tone about it. Was a bit of an overreaction on my part.

Wasn't a difficult fix but he just seemed to stubbornly ignore the very obvious problems in front of his eyes. Even more concerning for me is that he decided to go with this lineup despite the very clear problems it had in previous games.

Not good enough from, not good enough at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Was it his brother there today do you suppose?

The use of English isn't great in the overuse of the word situations which I should have self edited but I don't think that's what you're getting at here. I'm actually a bit puzzled by your post. To be clear, by using the term in a footballing analogy I am not condoning the literal act and if the use of the term has crossed some sort of line then I don't understand the line. Despite that, I apologise if I have touched a nerve. Murder is a also vile thing but I don't think you would have kicked off if I'd have used that figuratively.

Fair enough mate, appreciate the rational response, and yes, fair to say it did touch a nerve for reasons not to be detailed.

Rather than the 2 cloggers (Dier and Sissoko)

Use 1 clogger and 2 passers from {Winks/ Ndombele/ LoCelso}

Ship out one of the 4 attackers... there is no point having 4 attackers if they never have the ball, never get chances, never shoot.

Surely the whole point of 4 attackers against a "back 3" is to stay wide and force their wing backs to defend, creating a back 5.
If Son/Moura don't stay wide (and they don't) then there is no point in them being on the pitch, just shoot 1 of them.

Could we get away with Ndombele and Eriksen in the middle of the park? I guess not, neither would give any protection, but we'd be able to keep the ball - a form of protection in itself. Until Jan we have 1. Dier - who needs games, coaching, and confidence to turn and pass the ball. Defensively he's what Mourinho wants.

2. Winks - who just doesn't seem strong enough defensively but tidy passing the ball.

3. Sissoko - who continually defies the odds to deliver, despite everyone thinking he's limited - is he? Carries the ball well, he can pass and move. Has a maturity the rest lack to be honest.

4. Ndombele - appears the most talented of the midfield bunch, but should he be playing further forward? Defensively he doesn't seem the most aware, driving forward you want him playing further up the pitch to use that talent? He doesn't have the heft of old Dembele to screen, and has more skill that could be delivered in attack.

So where does that leave us? Well Dier needs more games. Hopefully, Mourinho continues to be patient and can coach him into looking up and passing better. I'd play Dier with either Ndombele or Eriksen as they can help him. Sissoko can be Dier’s competition, and it's quite possible he'd win the place on merit.

Last edited:
Chelsea survived today with one holder and Kovacic who I have no idea what he does other than moan. Always felt like we were outnumbered in midfield and it’s not like their FBs tucked in

Was it numbers or we lacked belief and confidence in the middle? Sissoko passed and moved through the midfield once in the first half and setup Kane for a strike in the box. It was easy. Yet they barely tried this route. Hardley looked up even to find a pass through the middle. Which made us predictable.

Was it numbers or we lacked belief and confidence in the middle? Sissoko passed and moved through the midfield once in the first half and setup Kane for a strike in the box. It was easy. Yet they barely tried this route. Hardley looked up even to find a pass through the middle. Which made us predictable.
Dunno
We seemed to have more room and slightly more urgency once son was off

Quite worrying how easily he was schooled by Lampard today....and after a week from the last game when it was felt "he'd have a lot more time on the training ground etc"...

if we see the same Dier-Sissoko axis starting vs Brighton then all my fears about hiring Jose will be reaiised (over-reliance on physicality, busted flush tactically, not that great at coaching attacking moves without long-balls or set-pieces, over-reliance on individual brilliance to decide game etc)

That's now TWO 'rookie' coaches who've been made to look like Pep....sigh...

Well, if Jose is really not a busted flush, you'd expect something like this vs Brighton:

Gazza
Aurier Sanchez Alderwiereld Vertonghen
Lo Celso Skipp Ndombele
Moura Kane Sessegnon

Save Alli and Sissoko for Southampton, no more Dier as he honestly doesn't bring anything much now, ditto Eriksen...

If, however, we honestly hafve the same same starting line-up minus Son, well....

Starting the Jose Mourinho thread was one of my greatest achievements, and now it's been merged with this monstrouserty.
I'm deeply offended.

Back