• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Zidane did Brilliant in Europe there but not in the league

Be interesting to see him in arguably a more demanding league

I think Zidane is actually the best shout for them. A box office Manager who understands big egos and the commercial side from his time at Madrid. United wouldn’t need to alter themselves too much, where as with Poch they’d be doing a heck of a lot of convincing that it’s the right environment for him.

Zidane seemed good enough tactically and did well managing Ronaldo’s game time down while still getting the best out of him. He got guys like Asensio into the team more - he’s perfect for United. I think Madrid are just so much of a basket case club that it’s not a matter of him doing well or not in the league - I think he saw the writing on the wall and the fact that they won the CL was a combination of a miracle occurrence, big game players turning it on when it matters and sheer belief that a club that size should win something (which benefits their own players and probably makes it harder for the opposition).

I wouldn’t be surprised if this whole United thing is as much a test to see if they can disrupt us even though they know it isn’t going to be Poch. Interesting cross roads - Zidane is perfect for them if they really want to go whole hog in the Ed Woodward Galactico imitation era. Poch is perfect for them if they want the next Fergie. I just think the thing that made Fergie, Fergie and the thing that makes Poch, Poch is that there is a fierce loyalty to them. You have to discover them but you don’t get to take one from a rival. Hope I’m right.

I do too. But he says different things at different times. He says 'I have no money to spend in January', 'it's so, so difficult to build things the way we're doing', and even 'we *can't* continually compete at the top like this' ('we can't keep thinking we are clever', or something).

And then he also says things like this.

I think the fans trust Poch - I do, almost completely. I think he's the best thing that could have happened to this club, short of being bought by more ambitious owners.

But I don't believe he's been backed much. And I believe he's been forced to compete with one hand tied behind his back as a result. Both those things lead me to suspect the worst whenever we go through our record-breaking penniless transfer windows - because Levy has previous for being cheap and risk-averse to the point of harming his own club, and Joe Lewis has form for being utterly uninterested in his 'asset'.

It has little to do with Poch - I absolutely love the guy. But do I think he's being backed? No. And that's why these barren, utterly silent transfer windows will continue to sadden me.

I genuinely think he likes to troll the press a bit, he sends out so many mixed messages and plays up to what they would think but I’m not convinced he’s ever being entirely serious. I think he likes to keep rivals guessing and it’s part of the fun for him - he definitely doesn’t like to let on anything he doesn’t have to about injuries and I wouldn’t be surprised if he does the same thing for other things too. It’s the only explanation I can see that works for someone that is so principled and yet at the same time so mixed in his press messages.

Like the ‘I’ve got no money!’ pocket thing. That could be read as a dig to Levy, a reducement of expectations or a million other ways. I simply thing is no where close to the reality - which is that if we can sell some players we will buy some players but it’s inportant to have a tight squad. And I think Poch knows that full well, he just also knows how the press see us and throws them a bone, keeps our rivals off the scent and generally confuses everyone.

I think Zidane is actually the best shout for them. A box office Manager who understands big egos and the commercial side from his time at Madrid. United wouldn’t need to alter themselves too much, where as with Poch they’d be doing a heck of a lot of convincing that it’s the right environment for him.

Zidane seemed good enough tactically and did well managing Ronaldo’s game time down while still getting the best out of him. He got guys like Asensio into the team more - he’s perfect for United. I think Madrid are just so much of a basket case club that it’s not a matter of him doing well or not in the league - I think he saw the writing on the wall and the fact that they won the CL was a combination of a miracle occurrence, big game players turning it on when it matters and sheer belief that a club that size should win something (which benefits their own players and probably makes it harder for the opposition).

I wouldn’t be surprised if this whole United thing is as much a test to see if they can disrupt us even though they know it isn’t going to be Poch. Interesting cross roads - Zidane is perfect for them if they really want to go whole hog in the Ed Woodward Galactico imitation era. Poch is perfect for them if they want the next Fergie. I just think the thing that made Fergie, Fergie and the thing that makes Poch, Poch is that there is a fierce loyalty to them. You have to discover them but you don’t get to take one from a rival. Hope I’m right.

I think that Zidane is a massive risk. He has had success at one club but at a club that he completely understands. He has never had to go into a new environment, with new players, impose himself and change things.

I deleted a whole load of podcasts from my phone because the pundits have been doing my head in with their Poch going to Utd shyte

I genuinely think he likes to troll the press a bit, he sends out so many mixed messages and plays up to what they would think but I’m not convinced he’s ever being entirely serious. I think he likes to keep rivals guessing and it’s part of the fun for him - he definitely doesn’t like to let on anything he doesn’t have to about injuries and I wouldn’t be surprised if he does the same thing for other things too. It’s the only explanation I can see that works for someone that is so principled and yet at the same time so mixed in his press messages.

Like the ‘I’ve got no money!’ pocket thing. That could be read as a dig to Levy, a reducement of expectations or a million other ways. I simply thing is no where close to the reality - which is that if we can sell some players we will buy some players but it’s inportant to have a tight squad. And I think Poch knows that full well, he just also knows how the press see us and throws them a bone, keeps our rivals off the scent and generally confuses everyone.

I’ve come to think this of late too. Fergie was the master of playing the press in his pomp and we know of the mutual administration society he and Poch have formed.

I am completely convinced Poch is going nowhere for another 18 months at least, maybe longer. People talk about Utd trying to disrupt us, but if everyone inside the club is certain the management team are staying then we could be doing a job on Utd - they’re going to be left high and dry, and look like utter tools, when a move for Poch doesn’t come off.

I think that it is just an extension of using an interpreter when he was at Southampton but spoke perfectly good English. I think that he doesn't want to let on anything to the press and tries to play his cards close to his chest. The empty pocket thing was just to kill off the question.

Why we are all having to go through this ‘will he won’t he’ preamble is beyond me.
There is big part of me that want to get this sorted.
We are dancing round handbags with Pochettinogate/United saga.
If he wants to stay, then come out and get it said!
If he is going to United at the end of the season then rip the plaster off quickly and let’s move on.
He can foxtrot Oscar and Spurs can move on.
All the fannying about won’t change the outcome.

He alone can stop this by coming out and saying I'm staying at Spurs
If he doesnt say anything or swerves it, it will carry on and on and on

Why we are all having to go through this ‘will he won’t he’ preamble is beyond me.
If he is going to United at the end of the season then rip the plaster off quickly and let’s move on.

It’d be great if he’d do that but I don’t see it happening. If he’s interested in United, he’ll tell Levy, it’ll be kept quiet so we get into the stadium with him and the players aren’t distracted.

If he’s going and it gets out, Levy will broker an early transfer of Poch. He can’t fire him and he won’t allow the season to be derailed like it was with Harry IMO.

I have no idea if he’ll stay or go. I really don’t. There are about 10 ways I could see this unfolding. I’m surprised so many people here and in the press think they know what’s going to happen.

Has any manager ever came out and commented on another job whilst employed at a rival?

To me anything he says will be held against so he is saying nothing

It’d be great if he’d do that but I don’t see it happening. If he’s interested in United, he’ll tell Levy, it’ll be kept quiet so we get into the stadium with him and the players aren’t distracted.

If he’s going and it gets out, Levy will broker an early transfer of Poch. He can’t fire him and he won’t allow the season to be derailed like it was with Harry IMO.

I have no idea if he’ll stay or go. I really don’t. There are about 10 ways I could see this unfolding. I’m surprised so many people here and in the press think they know what’s going to happen.

I’m sadly already brasses off by all fannying about.
I will in the end just get ambivalent to all things Pochettino and just want it sorted so we can get on with job in hand.
Pochettino has been excellent don’t misunderstand me.
But if he’s going lets move on!

Getting sick of this shyte I'm reading in every press, every pundit, every so called 'legend', and now carragher too, with nothing but:
- we can't stop him
- repeated ramming down our throats of they will always be bigger than us till the world ends
- he will win nothing with us
- he can buy anyone there
- and now everyone would love us to be the new home for their darling Eddie Howe cause poor little man deserves it! - fuk right off plz!

If above materialises then our key players will be off - I have zero confidence in Howe and seen how his teams get blown away.

Sorry fellow spurs fans - I'm just really annoyed with this happening to us and hate seeing us get taken advantage of by those deluded shysters. I want us to be a giant too, I want us to win the league and CL :-(

Back