• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Feck all this brick! Seriously fudge it!

SPURS FANS...

Do not let this brick dampen your spirits and remove any focus from a season nearly halfway gone where we are challenging on all fronts.

I don't know poch personally but I feel confident that he won't let this speculation affect his focus on us or his commitment to this season's challenges.

They got baby face for six months...fudge em....we got our own brick to focus on!

So large sections of the media, celebrity fans of rivals are willing us to lose a crown jewel and they want our Rome, which has taken far more than a day to build by the way, they want our empire to crumble....

Seriously what's new? fudge tha lot of em.

What will be will be I ain't gonna lose sleep over brick I can't control...and considering poch is a fudging gent I'm not worried he will be disrespectful to us in any way.

Yes, there are many who would see us fail and suffer...but part of being spurs is looking back at them all dead in the eye with a look of defiance and saying ' fudge you were spurs and proud

You know what yes United may be bigger...but give me spurs any day...a club that promotes youth and doesn't just recklessly chuck cash at fudging problems!

Let's get into this never ending construction of a stadium, blow the fudging roof straight off and get behind our gent of a manager and a team who have the best spirit of a spurs side I've ever seen...

Seriously lads fudge all of em! We're Spurs and we got proper brick to get on with rather than attempting to dance to bricky Utd or media music!

Honestly, if you wish to go down the road of anxiety, that is your choice. if you take a deep breath and evaluate the situation from a factual standpoint, you will see it is silly. Personally I think Poch appreciated Simon's fighting (it showed care and concern, protection) but in all honesty, we'd be best off letting them talk themselves into a corner. I'd let them ask whatever the fudge they want because in a week it will die off. Until it ramps up again.

I'm not terribly anxious for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Pochettino is not going to call me up and ask my advice on what he should do so I can't control the situation. What will happen will happen regardless of my feelings on the matter. Secondly, I have absolutely no clue how this will play out. He could very well be sitting back laughing at this thinking "There is no way in the world I'm moving to United."

But anyone who thinks there is no chance of him moving or no chance of him staying is living in cloud cuckoo land. None of us know.

Where is our media department based Mars?;)

I don't know what the process is at Spurs for getting a line agreed. I have done a little press work in the past and sometimes you get caught out. Poch is a good media performer, who doesn't give much away, I can imagine a situation where it is agreed to let him straight bat answers until the clubs has agreed how to handle it.

I hear what your saying Milo.
I’m just being a little frivolous.
The thought of six months of media posturing or whatever it’s called, is to my mind going to impact eventually on our season. That will be so sad.
Eriksen and Toby need new contracts that and getting as high as possible in the league and the CL should have been our priorities.
Now?

I don’t get all this ‘Poch should just say he’s staying/turn down Utd/quell the rumours etc. Why should he?
He has - imo - made it perfectly clear on many occasions that he is happy here as long as Levy is happy with him.
As long as Levy and the players are clear on his intentions (and I am sure they are) then there is no reason why the speculation should be disruptive to the squad. Why does it matter what he says in press conferences, which are generally just an exercise in batting away puerile questions anyway?
I think Poch genuinely does not like commenting on other clubs. He sees it as being disrespectful. If he engages in discussion, it just encourages further speculation and comment.
But, taking the long view, why would he want to publicly burn any bridges? Stay neutral, equivocate, don’t directly reject. If people don’t like it, tough. He has stayed loyal to the club and to Levy without alienating anyone.
Personally I think he has handled the whole thing perfectly.

Feck all this brick! Seriously fudge it!

SPURS FANS...

Do not let this brick dampen your spirits and remove any focus from a season nearly halfway gone where we are challenging on all fronts.

I don't know poch personally but I feel confident that he won't let this speculation affect his focus on us or his commitment to this season's challenges.

They got baby face for six months...fudge em....we got our own brick to focus on!

So large sections of the media, celebrity fans of rivals are willing us to lose a crown jewel and they want our Rome, which has taken far more than a day to build by the way, they want our empire to crumble....

Seriously what's new? fudge tha lot of em.

What will be will be I ain't gonna lose sleep over brick I can't control...and considering poch is a fudging gent I'm not worried he will be disrespectful to us in any way.

Yes, there are many who would see us fail and suffer...but part of being spurs is looking back at them all dead in the eye with a look of defiance and saying ' fudge you were spurs and proud

You know what yes United may be bigger...but give me spurs any day...a club that promotes youth and doesn't just recklessly chuck cash at fudging problems!

Let's get into this never ending construction of a stadium, blow the fudging roof straight off and get behind our gent of a manager and a team who have the best spirit of a spurs side I've ever seen...

Seriously lads fudge all of em! We're Spurs and we got proper brick to get on with rather than attempting to dance to bricky Utd or media music!

WHAT HE SAID

I see Carragher’s gobbing all over spurs ambition in a Telegraph piece.

Yawn.

Know your place fans in a know your place country.

The divine right of dead Kings.

About as conservative an attitude as it is possible to hold.

He's only doing that because we are a threat to his beloved pool.
They are bricking it that attention turns to Salah.

I think people should remember that in the summer, Madrid very obviously would have hired him, and he very obviously told them to do one. But even then, he never came out and did a big ‘I’M STAYING’ speech for us Spurs fans. In fact, the presser with Ballague to promote the book, the press guys really wanted him to say anything at all that would allow them to run with the story, and he wasn’t giving them anything. The closest thing we got was when one of the guys said ‘but it must be hard to turn down Madrid right?’ And Poch almost shyly said ‘yes but not for me’.

Even though he was doing exactly that in that moment, he didn’t want to make a big song and dance about it. He simply made his point and moved on. I don’t want to pretend like I know why he does the things he does, but I think he is as close to a genius as one can be when it comes to being a leader of men and the head of a team, and his understanding of dynamics, perceptions, motivations is way beyond mine. It may be because he doesn’t want to fuel further stories and speculation, it may be because he wants to set the right example to the players he leads by not commenting on rumours and concentrating on his work, it may be because he thinks it would be mighty arrogant to comment on a job he may not even be approached for, or it may be that the players and the club know he isn’t going to go because he’s already told them, and they are all having a big laugh internally about how fudged United are going to be when they realise he is fundementally a different specimen, driven by different core beliefs than most people in the game, and that is why he is special.

Whatever the truth, I can’t pretend to know exactly why he doesn’t just issue a denial to kill the story. But we know from this summer he didn’t issue a denial for Madrid either, and yet he is still here. I don’t think the man is stupid enough to turn down Madrid only to move to United a few months later. It makes no sense. I think he’s staying, and we just have to trust him. As long as he trusts that the players won’t be distracted, we have nothing to worry about.

Whenever a club wants a manager you tend to know about it, especially when it comes to Real Madrid and you’d hear about it even more if a manager rejected them. I’ve never heard anything bar a few speculative noises about Real Madrid wanting Poch. I would really like to hear something substantial about Real wanting him and them being knocked back rather than just something that’s been decided happened on here...

I hear what your saying Milo.
I’m just being a little frivolous.
The thought of six months of media posturing or whatever it’s called, is to my mind going to impact eventually on our season. That will be so sad.
Eriksen and Toby need new contracts that and getting as high as possible in the league and the CL should have been our priorities.
Now?

IMO Eriksen is the one we will have to wait and see on. There is only one club he would leave us for. They are not in the UK. It doesn't take much to figure it out.

Whenever a club wants a manager you tend to know about it, especially when it comes to Real Madrid and you’d hear about it even more if a manager rejected them. I’ve never heard anything bar a few speculative noises about Real Madrid wanting Poch. I would really like to hear something substantial about Real wanting him and them being knocked back rather than just something that’s been decided happened on here...

But you see the U.K. press here with so many more “United” papers here. In Spain there are two daily rags for Madrid and they both reported poch quite a bit IIRC

But you see the U.K. press here with so many more “United” papers here. In Spain there are two daily rags for Madrid and they both reported poch quite a bit IIRC

There aren't any United papers. They are the most supported club in the country and therefore the biggest market.

The club with the most disproportionate media presence is probably West Ham.

The things being said in Spain I saw, and to me it was never anything more than just a bit of speculation. I’ve seen their papers and media go at it for when they go in big for a player/manager and it was never anywhere near that scale. I’m not saying they weren’t/aren’t interested but I’ve not seen anything to suggest Madrid went all in to get Poch and he said no. I have a feeling that he won’t go to Man U because of his strong emotions towards us, but I think Real Madrid are the ones who could one day prize him away....

I think people should remember that in the summer, Madrid very obviously would have hired him, and he very obviously told them to do one. But even then, he never came out and did a big ‘I’M STAYING’ speech for us Spurs fans. In fact, the presser with Ballague to promote the book, the press guys really wanted him to say anything at all that would allow them to run with the story, and he wasn’t giving them anything. The closest thing we got was when one of the guys said ‘but it must be hard to turn down Madrid right?’ And Poch almost shyly said ‘yes but not for me’.

Even though he was doing exactly that in that moment, he didn’t want to make a big song and dance about it. He simply made his point and moved on. I don’t want to pretend like I know why he does the things he does, but I think he is as close to a genius as one can be when it comes to being a leader of men and the head of a team, and his understanding of dynamics, perceptions, motivations is way beyond mine. It may be because he doesn’t want to fuel further stories and speculation, it may be because he wants to set the right example to the players he leads by not commenting on rumours and concentrating on his work, it may be because he thinks it would be mighty arrogant to comment on a job he may not even be approached for, or it may be that the players and the club know he isn’t going to go because he’s already told them, and they are all having a big laugh internally about how fudged United are going to be when they realise he is fundementally a different specimen, driven by different core beliefs than most people in the game, and that is why he is special.

Whatever the truth, I can’t pretend to know exactly why he doesn’t just issue a denial to kill the story. But we know from this summer he didn’t issue a denial for Madrid either, and yet he is still here. I don’t think the man is stupid enough to turn down Madrid only to move to United a few months later. It makes no sense. I think he’s staying, and we just have to trust him. As long as he trusts that the players won’t be distracted, we have nothing to worry about.

Ah come on mate. You can't say it makes no sense.

When the Madrid rumours were knocking about, the rationale a lot of people used to convince themselves Poch wouldn't move was "Madrid don't have a philosophy to suit Poch. They sack managers every 5 minutes."

Man Utd are a similar sized club but they don't do that. They think more long term. Moyes got a chance until Champions League Football was no longer possible. Now, that wasn't exactly long term but Madrid fired Lopetegui after 3 months. At least Moyes pretty much got a season and it was in the context of the club being Champions League regulars for the previous 15 seasons so to finish 7th represented massive failure. Van Gaal got 2 seasons of pretty much dire football with very limited success. Mourinho got away with 6th in his first year because he showed some signs of progress with the two cups and got an extension on his contract when he looked like he was making genuine progress in the PL. Even at the end, there was no major push from the match-going supporters to fire him. At Madrid, all of those managers would have been fired much sooner. That's because United do have a much different outlook, more in line with Poch's beliefs, than Madrid. They also have a history of bringing through youth and they have vast resources which Poch won't get here. There are also strong noises coming from the media and the club that they want to "reset" and do things differently and with a more long term focus.

Manchester United is one of the biggest jobs in world football. As a club, only Barcelona and Real Madrid are in the same stratosphere. They also have more resources than us. So while I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Poch will go or is even interested, I don't think anyone can say that it makes no sense for him to go there even if he did reject Real Madrid in the summer.

Whilst the Dippers can be quite an annoying bunch (and Carragher should’ve never been allowed to return to Sky after the spitting incident) at least they share my hatred of arrogant ManUre fans, most of whom have spent the past few days informing me how Pochettino must be itching to move to a big club where he can finally win some trophies :rolleyes:

642200DC-0838-42FF-B5FC-275AD9C0EB7A.jpeg

Ah come on mate. You can't say it makes no sense.

When the Madrid rumours were knocking about, the rationale a lot of people used to convince themselves Poch wouldn't move was "Madrid don't have a philosophy to suit Poch. They sack managers every 5 minutes."

Man Utd are a similar sized club but they don't do that. They think more long term. Moyes got a chance until Champions League Football was no longer possible. Now, that wasn't exactly long term but Madrid fired Lopetegui after 3 months. At least Moyes pretty much got a season and it was in the context of the club being Champions League regulars for the previous 15 seasons so to finish 7th represented massive failure. Van Gaal got 2 seasons of pretty much dire football with very limited success. Mourinho got away with 6th in his first year because he showed some signs of progress with the two cups and got an extension on his contract when he looked like he was making genuine progress in the PL. Even at the end, there was no major push from the match-going supporters to fire him. At Madrid, all of those managers would have been fired much sooner. That's because United do have a much different outlook, more in line with Poch's beliefs, than Madrid. They also have a history of bringing through youth and they have vast resources which Poch won't get here. There are also strong noises coming from the media and the club that they want to "reset" and do things differently and with a more long term focus.

Manchester United is one of the biggest jobs in world football. As a club, only Barcelona and Real Madrid are in the same stratosphere. They also have more resources than us. So while I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Poch will go or is even interested, I don't think anyone can say that it makes no sense for him to go there even if he did reject Real Madrid in the summer.
So true, I find it unbelieveable some Spurs fans to say he’d be crazy to to Man U. Within two seasons he’d have then fighting for the title with City no problem. He would have everything at his disposal, from the academy to financial resources. The only reason he has to keep himself here is he’d be leaving halfway through a journey with us having not completing his objectives. Beyond that Man U are and most likely will always be a more attractive proposition....

This is from Guillem Balague's BBC column

"Real Madrid went for Lopetegui not because he was their manager of choice but because the likes of Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino and Juve's Massimiliano Allegri had turned them down."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45420035

Back