• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Just switched on to TalkGarbage to hear a Spurs fan being applauded by Jim brick and his cronies for saying Poch will be off in the summer because among other things he has not come out and said how happy is at Spurs. So he for one is clearly not listening.

When Poch eventually does eventually leave it will be as much down to fans like that as anything else.

How convenient! Funny thing is, most of my manu supporting friends are the exact same way. As soon as its not going so well, they supposedly don't pay attention or don't care and are interested in other things. fudging gold diggers. Plastic fans!

Exactly, its sort of indicative of society rather than just Spurs fans. Everything has to be either great or a crisis.

Look at the nonsense over the stadium. Ok, it’s run over and that’s a bit of a pain. But building projects regularly run over. It’s a game changer for us. It puts us on another level entirely. And you have fans throwing their toys out of the pram. “It’s a crisis/shambles/farce.” It’s a stadium that will be our home for decades. A few months delay really isn’t that big a deal. But there’s no room in the media narrative or the public discussion for even that bare level of nuance.

Every person I talk to, in any walk of life, always talk about doing things for the long term yet so many patently see nothing but a headline and the short term.

I was in a pub a few years back, waiting to order a drink, and theres a guy next to me watching the game, Utd vs Someone.

"Fakkin cahnt, wot the fudge was that?!" "fudgessake you fudging lemon" "I cant adam and eve it"

He carries on...

"Utd fan?" I asked.

"Yeah, how'd you guess?" he says.

"Its the accent" was my reply. He shut up after that...
Reminds me of that time I went shopping recently. I bought a case of beer, large packet of crisps, bag of nuts, bacon, eggs and a loaf of white bread. The girl on the checkout smiled and me and said “are you single?’, “yes” I replied, “Can you tell all that just by my shopping?”, “no”, she said “it’s because you’re an ugly clam.”

When Poch eventually does eventually leave it will be as much down to fans like that as anything else.

I would be amazed if this was true. Chairmen, other directors and the internal politics, relationships with players and freedom (or cash) to upgrade the team, confidence in (and authority over) the manager's staff, and then of course the small matter of the manager's own pay and conditions - all of these would loom far, far larger in a manager's mind than the weirdo ill-informed beergutted obsessives who shout nonsensical songs at them and continue, bafflingly, to throw money at their club.

Just switched on to TalkGarbage to hear a Spurs fan being applauded by Jim brick and his cronies for saying Poch will be off in the summer because among other things he has not come out and said how happy is at Spurs. So he for one is clearly not listening.

I sincerely hope Poch isn’t listening to talkbrick! I don’t listen to it but from what I hear it could be paid actors and or rival fans calling in just to prompt reactions. 99% of Spurs fans value the work Poch has done and I think he feels the love and hopefully that will have some bearing on his decision. He’s almost as popular as the cult of Klopp

And here's me thinking you were one of our most balanced supporters and then you say that you listen to Talkbrick. ;)

I sincerely hope Poch isn’t listening to talkbrick! I don’t listen to it but from what I hear it could be paid actors and or rival fans calling in just to prompt reactions. 99% of Spurs fans value the work Poch has done and I think he feels the love and hopefully that will have some bearing on his decision. He’s almost as popular as the cult of Klopp
Going by this forum alone no way are 99% of fans happy the
And here's me thinking you were one of our esmost balanced supporters and then you say that you listen to Talkbrick. ;)
Ha! Yep, very sad isn't it. :(

Going by this forum alone no way are 99% of fans happy the

Ha! Yep, very sad isn't it. :(
I was at the Burnley game and a couple of my good friends were moaning and I had to say them - come on even if we draw this game 00 or even lose to a freak counter attack what can you possibly moan about in the grand scheme of things?! I have no doubt they are both happy with Poch, I think football fans have a sense of entitlement where there’s always something more..do City fans moan about not going through a season unbeaten or not winning CL.

Comments are one thing, if we did a poll would anyone seriously say losing Poch would be a positive thing for the club??

Last edited:
I was at the Burnley game and a couple of my good friends were moaning and I had to say them - come on even if we draw this game 00 or even lose to a freak counter attack what can you possibly moan about in the grand scheme of things?! I have no doubt they are both happy with Poch, I think football fans have a sense of entitlement where there’s always something more..do City fans moan about not going through a season unbeaten or not winning CL.

Comments are on thing, if we did a poll would anyone seriously say losing Poch would be a positive thing for the club??
Of course not, my point is the incessant negativity of so many fans would be enough to tinkle off even Poch.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...city-enjoy-favourable-schedules-a4023656.html

Tottenham must manage a ferocious schedule of four games in 10 days if they are to maintain the pressure on Premier League front-runners Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project, who both have far more forgiving schedules than Mauricio Pochettino’s team.

Liverpool’s programme takes place across 14 days, and City’s across 13. Liverpool take on Wolves tonight and then do not play again until they face Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Boxing Day, whereas Spurs have only two clear days between their match at Everton on Sunday and the home game against Bournemouth on December 26.

To frustrate Pochettino further, his team begin FA Cup third-round weekend with a trip to Tranmere on January 4, three days after they conclude their festive stint against Cardiff.

Shock horror, I have not heard Poch whinge about out fixtures in comparison to others

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...city-enjoy-favourable-schedules-a4023656.html

Tottenham must manage a ferocious schedule of four games in 10 days if they are to maintain the pressure on Premier League front-runners Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project, who both have far more forgiving schedules than Mauricio Pochettino’s team.

Liverpool’s programme takes place across 14 days, and City’s across 13. Liverpool take on Wolves tonight and then do not play again until they face Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Boxing Day, whereas Spurs have only two clear days between their match at Everton on Sunday and the home game against Bournemouth on December 26.

To frustrate Pochettino further, his team begin FA Cup third-round weekend with a trip to Tranmere on January 4, three days after they conclude their festive stint against Cardiff.

Shock horror, I have not heard Poch whinge about out fixtures in comparison to others

Actually the opposite, they asked him about it in the pre match and he mentioned we had an extra day or two last December, so we can't complain this year.

Comments are on thing, if we did a poll would anyone seriously say losing Poch would be a positive thing for the club??

Of course not, my point is the incessant negativity of so many fans would be enough to tinkle off even Poch.

As much as Poch has been outstanding, one day he will leave!

I can't see Levy not making rolling contingency plans for his manager role, it would be totally out of character.
He will hope for the best outcome and plan for the worst.

But but, the typical response when someone brings up a quote from Poch they claim he was "miquoted" or the press are putting words in his mouth or his English isn't great.

In all seriousness, I've not seen many fans actively questioning him at games. Certainly nothing beyond the occasional booing of a substitution which happens at every ground in the world. Managers are always going to open to criticism if they lose big games, or any games for that matter. For the most part I'd say the vast majority of our fanbase are behind Poch. I'd be shocked if more than 5% wanted him out.

But but, the typical response when someone brings up a quote from Poch they claim he was "miquoted" or the press are putting words in his mouth or his English isn't great.

In all seriousness, I've not seen many fans actively questioning him at games. Certainly nothing beyond the occasional booing of a substitution which happens at every ground in the world. Managers are always going to open to criticism if they lose big games, or any games for that matter. For the most part I'd say the vast majority of our fanbase are behind Poch. I'd be shocked if more than 5% wanted him out.
Lol so true, anything Poch says that is negative and he really means something else, but if it’s positive we must take it at face value:D

I’d be shocked if there’s a single genuine Spurs fan who wants him sacked tbh, and I’m not exaggerating. I would love to hear the rationale of one sane supporter for wanting him gone....

I'm just going to whisper this, because I don't really want to take part in the speculation frenzy, and I reckon Poch will stay with us for quite a few more years still ...

(... but if he does leave - get Jesus Perez in his place, knows the team, the system, everything, and speaks better English than Poch. ;))

So that’s what you took from those Poch quotes? That he’s suggesting Spurs fans want him gone?

He’s clearly (literally) talking about the criticism the club got from not signing players! I know you and a few others like to suggest what Poch says means 180 degrees opposite but not sure how you can misinterpret this? Which bit below led you to believe he was saying Spurs fans want him gone?

"In this football club, if some bad results arrive the situation is going to turn again," Pochettino said. "All the positives today will be reversed and become negatives, because we're still not solid in our ideas. We believe but don't really believe. We're happy but not so happy. I think there's still massive work to do.

"I'm not talking about inside of the club, I talk about the perception outside, the people outside. We're so fragile. We're still not solid enough as a club to support some good and some bad [periods] because the perception of the people can affect the club.

"I think we're changing a lot and we're going to change, if we have time to do that. But our self-belief is still so fragile.

"We're doing fantastically but if we don't sign in January people say we're going to struggle. It's all negative, rather than saying, 'If Tottenham don't sign anyone it's because they believe that they're going to, or that they have the tools to, perform well and maybe challenge for the title.

"The doubt is always negative, never positive. Maybe that's because of the history, because of what happened in the past. We need to fight with this perception. Of course, we need to read the media, listen to the fans, but in the end, we need to feel free to take the decisions.

Lol so true, anything Poch says that is negative and he really means something else, but if it’s positive we must take it at face value:D

I’d be shocked if there’s a single genuine Spurs fan who wants him sacked tbh, and I’m not exaggerating. I would love to hear the rationale of one sane supporter for wanting him gone....
You two are frankly laughable!

You two are frankly laughable!
Not talking specifically about his latest quotes, the point is a general one. Literally any hint of negativity in something Poch says and you will get told by several on here he means something different (I’m sure these posters know Poch personally so I shouldn’t really question). But role reversal and it’s taken as gospel. Heaven forbid things aren’t always all rosy at Spurs....

Back