• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Why we are all having to go through this ‘will he won’t he’ preamble is beyond me.
There is big part of me that want to get this sorted.
We are dancing round handbags with Pochettinogate/United saga.
If he wants to stay, then come out and get it said!
If he is going to United at the end of the season then rip the plaster off quickly and let’s move on.
He can foxtrot Oscar and Spurs can move on.
All the fannying about won’t change the outcome.

This is no different than it was with Madrid last summer. The media are always going to give more heat than light. Just chill and not let it get to you.

Sorry fellow spurs fans - I'm just really annoyed with this happening to us and hate seeing us get taken advantage of by those deluded shysters. I want us to be a giant too, I want us to win the league and CL :-(

The only way to stop richer clubs sniffing around your manager and best players is to be brick. I'll take top four with Poch and fighting off interest from Real Madrid and Manchester United, to other clubs being quite happy to leaving you with Christian Gross or George Graham.

That’s a very fair question. To the folks so sure that he’s staying, why wont he just say it?

He's had two pressers since Mourinho was sacked. The first was very shortly after it happened, the second we refused to take questions on it. I think that the club are right not to answer questions on rumours because it sets a precedent.

The only way to stop richer clubs sniffing around your manager and best players is to be brick. I'll take top four with Poch and fighting off interest from Real Madrid and Manchester United, to other clubs being quite happy to leaving you with Christian Gross or George Graham.

I agree. But why is it our manager who always gets linked more heavily than anyone else’s? Klopp was barely linked with Madrid and isn’t mentioned for this one (although there are other reasons for that), Pep doesn’t get mentioned, José wasn’t linked with Madrid in the summer and they’re all over it now. It always seems to be our man linked more heavily than anyone else to these jobs.

He's had two pressers since Mourinho was sacked. The first was very shortly after it happened, the second we refused to take questions on it. I think that the club are right not to answer questions on rumours because it sets a precedent.

Now you’ve caught the “fannying about” virus. Just say ‘he’s staying’?

I’m ok really, just hate us doing media dance at Uniteds bidding!

We're not. The club are refusing to allow questions on it at pressers. Football now is celebrety culture, this is going to be reported no differently to Love Island or what pop star is shagging what pop star. If you get annoyed by it, you play into the media's hands. Ignore it and don't worry about it until you know what is going to happen.

This. Just stop giving them clicks, or air.

And, personally, that Press Officer of ours was too gentle with that Sky prick. I'd have had him thrown out and banned.

I agree. But why is it our manager who always gets linked more heavily than anyone else’s? Klopp was barely linked with Madrid and isn’t mentioned for this one (although there are other reasons for that), Pep doesn’t get mentioned, José wasn’t linked with Madrid in the summer and they’re all over it now. It always seems to be our man linked more heavily than anyone else to these jobs.

Because we are the poorest good club in the country

That’s an easy one to answer.
We are far more financially vulnerable as a club than Liverpool! City well :D

So why didn’t he kill the speculation dead at the first one? It's not like he only heard as the press conference was kicking off or wasn't expecting the question?

Similarly, why didn't the club shut the questions down for the first press conference rather than wait for the second one?

THIS is a time when supporters need to have big balls and major trust.
Again, and you'll have to trust me on this...the ONLY way he would leave us in the foreseeable future, is if Levy fudged him (so far as what THEY have discussed, NOT based on what the average perception of "being fudged" is)...
It is really that simple.

With regards as to why he hasn't said anything, he said it weeks ago. Why should he keep saying it? And furthermore, if the speculation continues it unseats THEM.
Imagine if when we approach his summer targets, he can turn around in April/May and say "BTW I am going nowhere"...it further destabilizes Man Utd, who will thus look "smaller" with regards to perceptions generated by the media.

In fact, if we all just chill and trust what we have, this is hurting Man Utd far, far more than us...

We will obviously pay Poch the respect of taking the flirting seriously, reiterating our project commitments and what-not, but honestly, strip things down to the bare facts and I think you will see that this is all generated. Like the Kane stories were. Like the Alli stories were. Like the Poch stories were and are.

So why didn’t he kill the speculation dead at the first one? It's not like he only heard as the press conference was kicking off or wasn't expecting the question?

Similarly, why didn't the club shut the questions down for the first press conference rather than wait for the second one?

Honestly, if you wish to go down the road of anxiety, that is your choice. if you take a deep breath and evaluate the situation from a factual standpoint, you will see it is silly. Personally I think Poch appreciated Simon's fighting (it showed care and concern, protection) but in all honesty, we'd be best off letting them talk themselves into a corner. I'd let them ask whatever the fudge they want because in a week it will die off. Until it ramps up again.

It would not have killed the story.

Why didn't we stop questions at the first presser? We were probably caught on the hop a bit. There can't have been long between the announcement and the presser.

The club are refusing to allow questions on it at pressers.

But why?
If the answer is something along the lines “MP is not interested in any other club either real or rumoured“
Or words to that effect?

Last edited:
THIS is a time when supporters need to have big balls and major trust.
Again, and you'll have to trust me on this...the ONLY way he would leave us in the foreseeable future, is if Levy fudged him (so far as what THEY have discussed, NOT based on what the average perception of "being fudged" is)...
It is really that simple.

With regards as to why he hasn't said anything, he said it weeks ago. Why should he keep saying it? And furthermore, if the speculation continues it unseats THEM.
Imagine if when we approach his summer targets, he can turn around in April/May and say "BTW I am going nowhere"...it further destabilizes Man Utd, who will thus look "smaller" with regards to perceptions generated by the media.

In fact, if we all just chill and trust what we have, this is hurting Man Utd far, far more than us...

We will obviously pay Poch the respect of taking the flirting seriously, reiterating our project commitments and what-not, but honestly, strip things down to the bare facts and I think you will see that this is all generated. Like the Kane stories were. Like the Alli stories were. Like the Poch stories were and are.

I know where to come in the summer ;)

We're not. The club are refusing to allow questions on it at pressers. Football now is celebrety culture, this is going to be reported no differently to Love Island or what pop star is shagging what pop star. If you get annoyed by it, you play into the media's hands. Ignore it and don't worry about it until you know what is going to happen.

Love island?

I know what you saying Milo

Back