• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I wouldn't mind this either, I reckon it'd be a coin toss for who wins. Definitely a KO for one of them. Imagine Whyte beat Joshua, Wilder beat Fury and then Whyte goes in and bashes up Wilder to become undisputed champ! (I don't even know if it works that way with all the belts on the line, but it'd be a great story haha)

I think it's the most realistic option.

There's an awful lot of promotional/negotiating shenanigans to come before Joshua fights either Wilder or Fury...at this point I'm not holding my breath that any of those fights happen in the next couple of years. But Joshua-Whyte is easy to make, and with Whyte's recent form is by far the biggest test out there for Joshua. As good as last night was for him, let's not forget that actually he beat a 39 year old who was 4 inches shorter and close to 2 stone lighter than him. Joshua-Whyte II is far more evenly matched and could be an absolutely almighty tear-up, more so than any other fight out there IMO.

Enjoyed the fight last night, got the impression that Joshua was setting that finish up the whole fight, once he pulled the trigger that was it. Povetkin was a live body and gave a good fight, especially when he was catching him early doors.

April will be interesting, can't see it being the Wilder/Fury winner, Whyte would be an intriguing fight but again I think Joshua sparks him, both have improved since their last fight but Whyte still leaves himself open to get caught with big punches, also if it's at Wembley that's basically a home match for Joshua, would be a big moment for Whyte. Saw there was talk of another Whyte vs. Chisora match? that could be a banana skin as I think Chisora was unlucky in their first fight...

My preferred fight is still AJ vs. Wilder, but still think Fury will box rings around Wilder in December and the Joshua vs. Fury merry-go-round can start.

April will be interesting, can't see it being the Wilder/Fury winner, Whyte would be an intriguing fight but again I think Joshua sparks him, both have improved since their last fight but Whyte still leaves himself open to get caught with big punches, also if it's at Wembley that's basically a home match for Joshua, would be a big moment for Whyte. Saw there was talk of another Whyte vs. Chisora match? that could be a banana skin as I think Chisora was unlucky in their first fight...

My preferred fight is still AJ vs. Wilder, but still think Fury will box rings around Wilder in December and the Joshua vs. Fury merry-go-round can start.

I don't see April being the Fury/Wilder winner either - it'll simply be too soon for the winner of that fight, even leaving aside all other issues. Not going to happen, which makes me wonder as to the motivation of Joshua & Hearn in calling for it to be Wilder. Whyte is clearly the way forward here.

I don't see April being the Fury/Wilder winner either - it'll simply be too soon for the winner of that fight, even leaving aside all other issues. Not going to happen, which makes me wonder as to the motivation of Joshua & Hearn in calling for it to be Wilder. Whyte is clearly the way forward here.

Well we don't know the total truth on the ins and outs of that negotiation but I think it's just a ploy to make Wilder look like he's ducking, as you ay Fury/Wilder would be mad to go into that fight on 4 months notice really. It's Wilder they would want to fight too I think, Fury would be big, but beating Wilder would probably cement him as a star in the States too.

Well we don't know the total truth on the ins and outs of that negotiation but I think it's just a ploy to make Wilder look like he's ducking, as you ay Fury/Wilder would be mad to go into that fight on 4 months notice really. It's Wilder they would want to fight too I think, Fury would be big, but beating Wilder would probably cement him as a star in the States too.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was driving at. They're calling out Wilder for April knowing full well that (assuming the Wilder/Fury fight goes ahead) it isn't realistic.

I don't think it does their credibility any favours with people who can see through it...would make far more sense in my opinion to acknowledge that right now, Joshua vs. Fury/Wilder is a year away as things stand at this point, but there's a massive fight to make with Dillian Whyte in the interim. Why not just do that?

Fury did take the Wilder fight pretty quickly though. I wonder, if he beats Wilder, would he then say "yeah phuck it, if Joshua wants it in April let's do it."

Fury did take the Wilder fight pretty quickly though. I wonder, if he beats Wilder, would he then say "yeah phuck it, if Joshua wants it in April let's do it."

So-called 'superfights' simply don't happen that close back-to-back. The winner of Fury-Wilder would have to come out of a potentially career-defining fight and go virtually straight back into training camp for an even bigger one. It's not going to happen.

Saying that, if anyone's crazy enough to try it it's Fury, but we're getting way, way ahead of ourselves here - I won't be convinced the Fury/Wilder fight is going ahead until I see the ring walks, never mind the winner fighting Joshua 4 months later...

Yeah that's pretty much what I was driving at. They're calling out Wilder for April knowing full well that (assuming the Wilder/Fury fight goes ahead) it isn't realistic.

I don't think it does their credibility any favours with people who can see through it...would make far more sense in my opinion to acknowledge that right now, Joshua vs. Fury/Wilder is a year away as things stand at this point, but there's a massive fight to make with Dillian Whyte in the interim. Why not just do that?

I think Whyte has another fight lined up? but yeh I agree, if they are in fact trying to get a Fury/Wilder fight in for April then it's a sensible back up, as you say, I don't see that happening.

Yeah I doubt Fury is really looking to be around for years and years from now, get in, get a few big matches and get out perhaps.

Depending on the outcome of Wilder fight there will likely be a rematch, it's probably in the contract if Fury wins. #

Hard to know how good Joshua really is, he's beaten more or less everyone around but has been wobbled. It's not really a vintage generation of heavyweights but that's not his problem.

Depending on the outcome of Wilder fight there will likely be a rematch, it's probably in the contract if Fury wins. #

Hard to know how good Joshua really is, he's beaten more or less everyone around but has been wobbled. It's not really a vintage generation of heavyweights but that's not his problem.

His power and ability to KO people has got him through some tough spots for sure but thats Heavyweight boxing for you. He clearly has heart in there, I was certain Wlad was going to have him once he went down and POovetkin put him under some pressure early doors last night. That's why I think Fury could box rings around him if they did fight and how I see his fight going with Wilder who IMO is even less skilled than Joshua.

I think Whyte has another fight lined up? but yeh I agree, if they are in fact trying to get a Fury/Wilder fight in for April then it's a sensible back up, as you say, I don't see that happening.

Yeah the timings are a bit awkward for Whyte; if he signs for April now and waits, he'll be going into that fight off a 9-month layoff. You can understand why he wouldn't want to do that. But the flipside of that coin is that any interim bout represents a risk to the big fight. I think he'll take another fight first, and that's probably the right thing to do. And while I wasn't convinced he beat Chisora the first time, I do think he'd win a rematch.

Yeah the timings are a bit awkward for Whyte; if he signs for April now and waits, he'll be going into that fight off a 9-month layoff. You can understand why he wouldn't want to do that. But the flipside of that coin is that any interim bout represents a risk to the big fight. I think he'll take another fight first, and that's probably the right thing to do. And while I wasn't convinced he beat Chisora the first time, I do think he'd win a rematch.

That's a long layoff for sure, but for the biggest pay day in your career and for an amount of money that will sort you and your family out for years to come, can see him maybe taking it.

Joshua even put him in the twitter poll they mentioned in the post match interview so he's definitely an option for this April date.

And for what it's worth I had their last fight in favour of Chisora/Draw myself, a rematch would be another good dust up.

Yeah this is true. I'm convinced Klitschko could and should have taken him out in their fight, I'd even have liked to have seen Parker have a proper go at him. I actually think Whyte might be as much of a test as anyone else right now. He's improved hugely from 2015, at which point he was little more than a crude part-timer. All things considered I think that's the fight I'd like next. I'm even wondering if Hearn is starting to baulk at the prospect given how they kept Whyte well out of the way after the fight last night, then made a thing of calling out Wilder...

I know he beats all he has infront of him but I just can't take to Joshua and his style, nor this painted on personality which is not even that appealing. I am not sure if its snivling Hearn that makes me feel that way, just not a fan.

I know he beats all he has infront of him but I just can't take to Joshua and his style, nor this painted on personality which is not even that appealing. I am not sure if its snivling Hearn that makes me feel that way, just not a fan.

I'm the same. Not sure what it is.

Everyone got a bit bored with the Klitschko era, waiting for a bit of life in the heavyweight division. Now he's gone and we have a few decent names around I hope they all get to fight each other soon.
Whoever comes out on top in a year or two from Fury, Joshua, Wilder etc could be a massive star

I know someone who works in the press who assures me that the TV persona of Joshua is crap

To be honest I don't think you need to look too hard to start to come to that conclusion. To me, the mask of the humble, modest, down-to-earth guy has slipped noticably a few times, and often does so in post-fight interviews.

I met Dillian Whyte in 2016 a few weeks before the Chisora fight, and was really shocked at what a nice, friendly character he was. He stood at my table in a restaurant laughing and joking and talking boxing for a good five minutes, as if he'd known me years. I have a feeling him & Joshua could be real-life opposites of their media personas personally.

Last edited:
I don't think he's the total opposite of how he appears on TV though probably not as friendly as he comes across, does seem like a nice guy e.g. lives with his mum, doesn't get seen out in clubs etc, does a lot of charity work though this should have course be good PR.

I still think he's ducking Wilder or more Hearn is, he's not going to risk his star man getting knocked out. He rarely makes big fights like that, too caclulated for me although he's done a lot for boxing in the UK and puts on big shows so I can't knock him too much.

Back