• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Internazionale

That said, it's doubtful that he would've been able to do much about the equaliser. Our hard work was undone by a wonderful strike, not poor substitutions, changes in formation, the manager or lack of heart.

It was

But why was no one on him.

Or near him actually

Thought Aurier was much improved tonight.
Let’s hope we don’t see to much of Vorm as his distribution at times was poor inviting pressure.
Moura looked good again,let’s hope we can get back on track Saturday.

Looked to me like the team was under strict instructions to play out from the back no matter what and our midfielders went hiding. There's so many other issues right now that Vorm doesn't even register as a worry.

Liverpool are always under more pressure than Spurs as they are a bigger club

I must have missed all those media articles and stories these past few years heaping pressure on Klopp to win stuff with Liverpool - i certainly didn't miss those about Poch/Spurs

The NFL pitch and the rest of the development will all make long term commercial sense, as will all the bells and whistles for corporate customers. It doesn’t make sense to be grumpy about that spend in as part of bemoaning current recruitment and retention.

Going back to the start of the exchange, I said that Levy had always said that the stadium wouldnt impact transfers. It feels that that was a long way from the truth. Look, I think Levy has been a great think for Spurs over his entire tenure but recently:

- we weren't able to sell players this summer - suggests our asking prices were too high
- we weren't able to sign anyone - suggests our offers were too low
- we haven't got a stadium naming sponsor lined up - various press reports suggests we're asking the earth
- we've spent £800m - £1bn on a stadium, when the Wanda in Madrid cost €240m - not completely comparable give location, wages etc but NWHL has cost 4x that one
- we have 4 big players (Vertonghen, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Dembele) in the last 1-2 years of their contracts

And the ability to attract corporate customers diminishes if the team aren't in the CL and playing in big games. Lots has gone right on the pitch in the last 3-4 years but there's an increasing number of questions off the pitch

That said, it's doubtful that he would've been able to do much about the equaliser. Our hard work was undone by a wonderful strike, not poor substitutions, changes in formation, the manager or lack of heart.

Nah, he’d have had the ball in the corner doing lollipops for the last 20 mins, you can’t tackle a player when you are begging to swap shirts with him afterwards.

I must have missed all those media articles and stories these past few years heaping pressure on Klopp to win stuff with Liverpool - i certainly didn't miss those about Poch/Spurs

You have.

I’m shocked that you have given every programme on Sky is about them winning the league

Going back to the start of the exchange, I said that Levy had always said that the stadium wouldnt impact transfers. It feels that that was a long way from the truth. Look, I think Levy has been a great think for Spurs over his entire tenure but recently:

- we weren't able to sell players this summer - suggests our asking prices were too high
- we weren't able to sign anyone - suggests our offers were too low
- we haven't got a stadium naming sponsor lined up - various press reports suggests we're asking the earth
- we've spent £800m - £1bn on a stadium, when the Wanda in Madrid cost €240m - not completely comparable give location, wages etc but NWHL has cost 4x that one
- we have 4 big players (Vertonghen, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Dembele) in the last 1-2 years of their contracts

And the ability to attract corporate customers diminishes if the team aren't in the CL and playing in big games. Lots has gone right on the pitch in the last 3-4 years but there's an increasing number of questions off the pitch

Donna Cullin said the same about transfer budget in the summer.

Nah, he’d have had the ball in the corner doing lollipops for the last 20 mins, you can’t tackle a player when you are begging to swap shirts with him afterwards.

He'd have been on to collect his armband from Kane too

Because everyone expected the ball to go into the box.
But to allow a player to make a cross completely unopposed and to afford another player all the time in the world on the edge of your box certainly invites trouble. Imo it was poor defending although these kinds of mistakes are common.

I like your posts even though I don’t always agree and I don’t agree with some of this.

Like a lot of fans, you’re almost inferring that this was a “risk it on one season or think long term” choice. We could have both.

If we don’t make CL, if we go out in the group stages this year and if Eriksen, for example, runs down his contract because we’re not progressing, we are going to lose more than we have saved by not splashing out on a couple of players this summer. I honestly believe we could have added a couple, made a strong statement and strongly improved our chances of doing well this season without risking our future if it still didn’t work out.

Levy has put all his eggs in the long term basket. I really hope I’ll look back in 10 years and say he got it right.

I agree, maybe we will lose Eriksen. But maybe we would have lost him anyway. And I think what Levy is strong at is always analysing well what the implications of different decisions are, and whether or not it gives us strategic advantage.

'Risk on one season' is an extreme example of the position taken, but I'd like to think that if Levy could spend any more than he did this summer while maintaining investment in the long-term project, he would. Because there is no reason not to. But it's a really complicated issue with lots of different factors. Maybe he increases the wage budget by another 50k for top earners. Maybe he sanctioned signing someone like Pulisic. Maybe he could do a few other things. But long term, are those things going to help us above City and United? Because they can go out and do the exact same thing as us, only more often and at higher values.

So I agree that sometimes he plays it safe. But I'm waiting for the point where we operate on a closer financial footing to our rivals, once the stadium is done (and maybe once we are sold). Then, if the club is failing to keep pace, failing to make the right decisions to take advantage of our position and be smart strategically, I'll be annoyed. But, in spite of a current bad run of form, an interesting summer, player distractions and stadium delays, I still fully trust Levy's project. Because I don't want anything holding us back from getting on to a better financial footing, and I don't want us to risk more for the sake of having one great season. We may lose a few from this squad that we don't want to lose, we may lose Poch, but as long as we have the new stadium, we will recover. Because this sport is ultimately driven by money over the long term, and the big clubs always get back to where they are supposed to be.

Looked to me like the team was under strict instructions to play out from the back no matter what and our midfielders went hiding. There's so many other issues right now that Vorm doesn't even register as a worry.
No doubt about they’ve been instructed to play out from the back. It’s the fact he dithers on the ball to much.
Kicking long also breaks the press, may have stopped it. But we persist with it 90% of time.
Something City do well change it up.

You are right about midfielders hiding but Dier was not great on the ball tonight.

You have.

I’m shocked that you have given every programme on Sky is about them winning the league

I think you're confusing 'talking up' with putting presure on.

Team X can win the league/cup
Team X have to win the league/cup

The second is pressure and what we have had the past 2/3 years, the first is what Liverpool have had - though that should change now will the money they spent this summer.

The pressure will probably ease on us this season as the media will expect to see us fall back with the lack of investment.

Back