• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/yerry-mina-al-everton-6977282

'After Digne ... Yerry Mina! Everton and Barcelona have reached an agreement, pending only to finalize the last fringes of the operation for the transfer of the Colombian defender for 32 million euros, after breaking the contacts that were maintained with Manchester United. Between the morning and the last, the transaction should be signed.

The basis of the agreement is practically closed between the clubs. Barcelona and Everton have made a quick negotiation and have set the terms of the transfer under very interesting economic conditions. The azulgranas will enter 32 million euros for the young central who did not enter the plans of Ernesto Valverde . His participation in the World Cup in Russia, where he had an outstanding performance with Colombia, has made it easier for Mina to have a market to leave Barça.

Barcelona and Everton are closing the last details of the transfer;while the footballer has also finalized his contract with the English team. Yerry will sign for five seasons
.'

Now, we we will see.

Whats stopping us offloading a few of the non-HG players?

Who knows, but we might be asking too much? Say we are looking to get something like our money back....who would pay:
- £30m for Sissoko
- £11m for GKN
- £17m for Janssen
- £10m for Llorente

I'd say that we might need to accept at least a third less than those amount to shift them.

I’m confident we will get Martial in on the United deal with Toby going, then will sign de Ligt the same day as a long term replacement.

Can also see Cook and Grealish coming in before Thursday, and us then smashing our record transfer to bring Zaha in.

In addition to Toby going, we’ll obviously offload any combination of Dembele, Sissoko, Jansen, GKN, and Llorente, to make room and top up the massive investment above from the board.

I’ll also be having a threesome with Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansen. Proper watching them lez up, lingerie, toys and the full works.

Oh wow, man. This is the best popper fueled asphixi-toss yet. Hope I don’t do anything silly and write it down, or choke on the orange even, lol!....

"I definitely wouldn't say we've been successful because of the transfer policy."

Seems fairly absolute to me. Followed by complaints about said policies effect on the beginning of the season.

Reads to me very much like whining, though I accept it can be a failing of a message board to read things with the wrong intent.

You are of course more than welcome to express whatever frustrations you like, but in doing so on a public message board you are also open to people responding.

It wasn't meant to come across as whining, more of frustration at a lack of transfer activity, not really a controversial opinion If we're being honest. Some comments levelled against people who are critical of our transfer policy could also be construed as whining or narky but I won't go as far as to say that. I just don't see why fans on forums and social media have to shout down other fans who show frustration or offer constructive criticism. Whether it's the intetnion or not, it comes across like they think that makes them better fans because they back the club 100% on everything. I'm not happy with this window so far but I also fully accept there are still 3 days left for us to turn it around and pull something out of the bag. I also accept that some comments are OTT and premature and can see why they would get short shrift on a football forum.

For the record, I was quite critical of Levy up until a couple of years ago but there's not a chairman in the Premier League I'd swap him for given our resources. I won't go as far as to say he's the best in Europe because I don't follow the other leagues in Europe as much as I used to. I've changed my opinion of him but that doesn't mean he's immune from criticism or that we can't improve the way we do things. That's the same in any walk of like mate. If you do the same things in the same manner over and over, for the most part you will get the same results. That doesn't mean I think our results are bad by the way.

It wasn't meant to come across as whining, more of frustration at a lack of transfer activity, not really a controversial opinion If we're being honest. Some comments levelled against people who are critical of our transfer policy could also be construed as whining or narky but I won't go as far as to say that. I just don't see why fans on forums and social media have to shout down other fans who show frustration or offer constructive criticism. Whether it's the intetnion or not, it comes across like they think that makes them better fans because they back the club 400% on everything. I'm not happy with this window so far but I also fully accept there are still 3 days left for us to turn it around and pull something out of the bag. I also accept that some comments are OTT and premature and can see why they would get short shrift on a football forum.

For the record, I was quite critical of Levy up until a couple of years ago but there's not a chairman in the Premier League I'd swap him for given our resources. I won't go as far as to say he's the best in Europe because I don't follow the other leagues in Europe as much as I used to. I've changed my opinion of him but that doesn't mean he's immune from criticism or that we can't improve the way we do things. That's the same in any walk of like mate. If you do the same things in the same manner over and over, for the most part you will get the same results. That doesn't mean I think our results are bad by the way.

Personally, I think it is just engaging in discussions/entertainment/chit-chat. I agree, if the criticism is constructive and supported, have at it and enjoy. When it isn't? Well, I think that is an issue worthy of discussion personally. But at the end of the day I suppose it is all to be taken with dashes of salt as we are on social media...something I occasionally need to remind myself in all fairness!!!

Its too big a deal too complex between too hard to work with teams, never happening.

Presumably its been 4 or 5 months in the pipeline. And seems to be the main focus of our summer dealings. The Sanchez-Mkhitaryan swap got done in a January window IIRC

looking at the first team squad on the club's web page, there are no spaces for new players, so before we can buy we need to move some on, if we bring plays in first that means the players we off load will have to go cheap,
Levy would hate to do that

looking at the first team squad on the club's web page, there are no spaces for new players, so before we can buy we need to move some on, if we bring plays in first that means the players we off load will have to go cheap,
Levy would hate to do that

Not really. Other transfer windows are open for another couple of weeks, so if there's competition for signing the likes of Janssen, Nkoudou and Sissoko, we can still get decent prices for them.

Who knows, but we might be asking too much? Say we are looking to get something like our money back....who would pay:
- £30m for Sissoko
- £11m for GKN
- £17m for Janssen
- £10m for Llorente

I'd say that we might need to accept at least a third less than those amount to shift them.

I agree, and maybe thats part of the bravery and one of Pochs crazy ideas?

We absolutely need to make some room, and honestly I think we could lose all of them and not really miss them.

I do think the rising market helps though, we may well get back more than you think. Not because they are worth it, of course, but because last years £5m is this years £10m...

It wasn't meant to come across as whining, more of frustration at a lack of transfer activity, not really a controversial opinion If we're being honest. Some comments levelled against people who are critical of our transfer policy could also be construed as whining or narky but I won't go as far as to say that. I just don't see why fans on forums and social media have to shout down other fans who show frustration or offer constructive criticism. Whether it's the intetnion or not, it comes across like they think that makes them better fans because they back the club 400% on everything. I'm not happy with this window so far but I also fully accept there are still 3 days left for us to turn it around and pull something out of the bag. I also accept that some comments are OTT and premature and can see why they would get short shrift on a football forum.

Lets be honest, we write a post, intended one way - put it out there and its open to being read in multiple ways.

I didnt read yours as constructive criticism, I read it as bitching and moaning because we havent got the shiny new transfers. I didnt see the constructive, just the criticism.

Theres a lot of it going around, and it is possible I read yours in that light having gone through several others, if thats the case then I apologise.

Given the journey this club has been on I always find it hard to stomach when posts come across as entitled and/or impatient, this isnt meant at you specifically but in a general theme ont he forum at this time of year. Look at who we were, and look at who we are, and understand that everybody wants the same thing - so if it isnt happening, frustrating as that may be, its for a reason.

And Id wager that reason is nothing like "levy enjoys leaving it late", "we deliberately dally on deals to try and get a good price", "we never make early signings" etc.

Not really. Other transfer windows are open for another couple of weeks, so if there's competition for signing the likes of Janssen, Nkoudou and Sissoko, we can still get decent prices for them.

Depends on what you mean by decent. The problem is once the PL window closes it removes a big factor in keeping transfer fees high. Continental clubs, without having to compete with PL clubs and thus PL prices, will offer much less. Dembele with one year left on his contract? 10 mill max. Sissoko? 15 mill. Janssen id say max 10 mill. Still good money imo but the club will take a couple of big hits there

continental clubs cannot wait for the PL window to close so that they can swoop in and pick up bargains

[AS] are now of the understanding that Tottenham Hotspur could make a move for Maxi Gomez before Thursday’s deadline day. The Celta Vigo forward is believed to be interesting Spurs with the club eyeing up a potential transfer before the close of the summer window.

Mirror
Stanislav Lobotka transfer: Tottenham consider late bid for £31million-rated Celta Vigo midfielder
Lobotka, 23, is a Slovakia international who only signed a new deal in February which runs until June 2023

Mauricio Pochettino is keen on Celta Viga midfielder Stanislav Lobotka.

The Tottenham boss, yet to make a signing with just four days of the transfer window remaining, has been assessing his options with Mousa Dembele keen to leave before Thursday’s deadline.

Lobotka, 23, is a Slovakia international who only signed a new deal in February which runs until June 2023.

However, he has a £31m release clause in his contract, however, and his club revealed last month that he wants to move on.

Napoli are also interested in his services.

Tottenham remain keen on Aston Villa's Jack Grealish but the north London club have been warned they will not get him on the cheap.

Villa boss Steve Bruce said: "I don't want to lose Jack and neither do the owners. We don't want to lose our best players but it's football and it might happen.

"The one thing we're able to do is be in a much better bargaining position because now, if Spurs want to buy him, they will have to buy him at a premium that in the last few weeks they haven't been able to get to.

"Take money out of it, we're in the Championship and Tottenham are in the Champions League so I'm aware that there is a human involved and a football player.

"A football player always wants to play at the top. He's a local lad who has done great.

"Ever since I walked through the door it's always been about Grealish one way or another and continues to be here.

"He's our best player by a distance and a very good player."

Depends on what you mean by decent. The problem is once the PL window closes it removes a big factor in keeping transfer fees high. Continental clubs, without having to compete with PL clubs and thus PL prices, will offer much less. Dembele with one year left on his contract? 10 mill max. Sissoko? 15 mill. Janssen id say max 10 mill. Still good money imo but the club will take a couple of big hits there

continental clubs cannot wait for the PL window to close so that they can swoop in and pick up bargains

Really depends on how the club determines value.

I would imagine Dembele's transfer fee has already been fully amortised and anything we got for him would be profit, for example.

BAILEY CONFIRMS ‘CONCRETE INTEREST’

Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey has revealed there is "concrete interest" from clubs trying to sign him this summer.

Reports have linked the 20-year-old with the likes of Chelsea and Roma, but the Jamaican insists he is focused only on his football.

"There's concrete interest," he told Kicker.

“"What I can say is that my full focus is on developing myself as a young player, and that's what I'll focus on. If a club wants me, my management and Bayer 04 will take care of it."

I'm not sure any PL club would pay more than the fees you list for Sissoko and Janssen?

If we want to sell those players, and there are clubs in the PL willing to pay more for them wouldn't they make those bids before the window closes?
Really depends on how the club determines value.

I would imagine Dembele's transfer fee has already been fully amortised and anything we got for him would be profit, for example.
In the books that's probably right. But if we could get £15m for a player, but end up getting only £10m that's £5m lost however the bookkeeping is being done as far as I can see. Though you could call it a potential profit not made instead of a loss.

I'm not sure any PL club would pay more than the fees you list for Sissoko and Janssen?

If we want to sell those players, and there are clubs in the PL willing to pay more for them wouldn't they make those bids before the window closes? In the books that's probably right. But if we could get £15m for a player, but end up getting only £10m that's £5m lost however the bookkeeping is being done as far as I can see. Though you could call it a potential profit not made instead of a loss.

As I said, it really depends on how the club view these things.

Of course, getting as much as possible is always preferable. It will have to be weighed against the HG/further wages/bloated squad/depreciating price issues as well.

Dembele, for example, might be a £15m player to us. We refuse £10m this summer. We then have at least 4 months paying his wages, while he probably doesnt play much. Or, even, retaining him impact our ability to get in players we really want.

How much is that extra £5m really worth?

Back