• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Perhaps Son’s confidence has been knocked after being dropped (despite our excellent form when he was leading the line) for a less than fully fit Kane.

Like you say, hopefully Kane will eventually bounce back stronger from the hubbub (just as Beckham did after being crucified for his petulant sending off at France ‘98) although that may depend upon how the nation reacts to his performance at this summer’s World Cup.

Kane/Sterling/Alli are already being lined up as scape-goats

Last edited:
Kane to me still looks injured. I dont know if he is taking pain Killers but he looks less mobile when he chases down players and he looks wobbly when he takes some shots, he has had two Air shots in our last 2 games and he never does that. I am convinced he is playing on an injury by the way he moves. He uses his non striking foot in such a way as to give him his accuracy and it looks way off at the moment.

I would bench him. He wasn't fit when he came back and still doesn't look it. Poch has made a mistake on this one IMO.

I'm with you on that. Since he came back, its like we've been playing with 10 men - we've gone from having one of the best CFs in the world, to playing someone who is still injured / unfit and we look half the team as a result. Put Son up front and play Moura, Dele and Eriksen behind him

If you compare the Liverpool or Madrid home games vs yesterday his first touch and initial burst are completely different. I think its a combination of fitness and confidence but clearly he is not anywhere near 100%. For that reason he has to rest. Ironically if he hadn't rushed back he would probably be fully fit now. Poch cant be fearful of playing without him, we managed very well when he was out. He's irreplaceable for us when fit and firing but hes just not quite there at the moment.

I suggest the only reason he is playing is because we need goals and we need wins

The alternatives worked for a few games (and haven’t been tried since) but Kane even unfit does more than most.

The issue is he has come back as others too have stopped performing so fingers get pointed and ideas get concocted

Someone on a podcast the other day nailed something about the United game... their defence was brick scared of Kane and you could tell. It was only once they realised he wasn’t fit that they started to do their jobs. Poch then should have switched it up

As above we don’t really struggle too badly when he has been out recently so why rush
Agreed, Son and Dele stepped up and scored plenty of goals when Kane missed games.

The one player we definitely struggle without is Eriksen, maybe Winks will some day be able to cover for the Great Dane.

Not sure what is wrong with Kane the past few months. Has he been cursed by his enemies ? Or has his head had been turned after finishing as the Europe's top scorer of 2017 ? He looks very slow and clumsy nowadays. I think Kane can forget about winning the Golden Boot this season as he is badly struggling for goals while Salah is 4 goals ahead of him with only 2 matches left. And with only 1 month to go before the World Cup, Kane is in such a bad form that he might end up as a flop with England in the World Cup if he doesn't improve his form.

Not sure what is wrong with Kane the past few months. Has he been cursed by his enemies ? Or has his head had been turned after finishing as the Europe's top scorer of 2017 ? He looks very slow and clumsy nowadays. I think Kane can forget about winning the Golden Boot this season as he is badly struggling for goals while Salad is 4 goals ahead of him with only 2 matches left. And with only 1 month to go before the World Cup, Kane is in such a bad form that he might end up as a flop with England in the World Cup if he doesn't improve his form.

Or... has he been injured, returned too soon and is struggling for fitness?

I think Kane can forget about winning the Golden Boot this season as he is badly struggling for goals while Salad is 4 goals ahead of him with only 2 matches left.

This is why he's rushed back half-fit, and been rushed back half-fit. Poch and the team do genuinely seem to want him to win it, in addition to (obviously) him wanting to win it....but him playing at the moment is to the detriment of the team

I think the only reason Kane is playing and played so soon after that injury is due to selfishness.
Agreed. Unfortunately we have to take the rough with the smooth when it comes to his selfishness though. His selfishness has got him a lot of goals, but things like this and the Eriksen goal debacle have really gone against him. I’m more disappointed in Poch for continuing to play him though, he really should have had the balls to drop him for the good of the team....

Agreed. Unfortunately we have to take the rough with the smooth when it comes to his selfishness though. His selfishness has got him a lot of goals, but things like this and the Eriksen goal debacle have really gone against him. I’m more disappointed in Poch for continuing to play him though, he really should have had the balls to drop him for the good of the team....

This lack of ruthlessness bothers me if you are right!

Kane is the Golden Child, no doubt about it, and Poche has to be brave if he sees that Kane is still not fully operational, and bench him.

Kane, if he is pushing to play, has to realize that there’s a bigger goal than maintaining golden boot status.

I understand that he is also t tying to play into fitness for England, but I wonder how he is in training, if he’s like this in the crunch games ?

I would bench him. He wasn't fit when he came back and still doesn't look it. Poch has made a mistake on this one IMO.

Have to agree with this, he has looked half the player since he came back and it was obvious he is/was not fit.

I think the only reason Kane is playing and played so soon after that injury is due to selfishness.

Suggested the same thing a couple of games back, he wants the GB and it seems to me he has put that over the good of the team. What worries me more ( then Kane being selfish) is that Poch must know this from Kane's performances and still starts him. We are basically playing with 10 men at the moment and Poch needs to do something about it before it is too late.

Kane is a great player but he is not fit and the teams needs every player playing to his potential.

its up to the other players to step up. Harry has the excuse that he is coming back from a bad injury. What is everyone elses excuse:rolleyes:

Dele, Son and Eriksen stepped up fine during those 3 games we won handsomely in Kane’s absence...

ok lets sell Harry for 200 mill, we will be fine without him:rolleyes:

Harry will always be a heavily marked man and that should allow more space for Dele, Son and Eriksen to contribute. Yes we have done well without him but when he is in the team there is no excuse for the others not to chip in with more goals and better performances

Back