• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Apparently not.

Pep Guardiola says Emirates Marketing Project are not always able to pay high transfer fees and meet player's wage demands as the club is operating within a defined budget.
Guardiola claims City cannot afford 22 'top' players as the Premier League leaders continue to fight on four fronts.

He said: "When you want to handle four competitions sometimes you have to be lucky with injuries. Otherwise you need 22 top players for every position. People don't believe this, but today 22 top players is too expensive to buy, even [for] City.

"Their salaries we cannot pay. There are budgets for the transfers and we cannot pay. In the future, it may change but we haven't paid more than £80m-£100m for one player. We cannot pay that right now, it is the truth.

"That's why we need the academy to fight. Of course, we spend a lot money but it is the same money as a lot of other teams. I can assure you we are not the only team in the world that spend money."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...as-been-restrained-by-manchester-citys-budget

I find it quite offensive really - totally detached from reality. How about doing what most managers (excluding the obvious of course) have to do and work with what you have, within a real budget. Why should City be able to just hoover up 22 top players? Show some true management ability. It's not as if he currently has a squad of hoof-about has-beens.
:eek: City have an academy?

yes playing Sissoko, Dembele, Dier and Wanyama as a midfield against Newport created one chance in the first half if Eriksen got injured I think we would really struggle for creativity in the run in

yes playing Sissoko, Dembele, Dier and Wanyama as a midfield against Newport created one chance in the first half if Eriksen got injured I think we would really struggle for creativity in the run in

Winks and Lamela are due back soon.

The problem with our squad is really just that GNK and Sissoko aren't good enough, not that we don't have enough players

whats happened to Lamela then surprised he wasnt on bench

I'm sure I read somewhere he had a minor knock?

Otherwise, while he needs fitness, it was also conditions to be wary about with players easing themselves back from injury. Look at how Wanyama (very uncharacteristically) wallowed about.

So just thinking. Ideal world.

Moura in now.
Malcom sign now to join in the summer.
Sessegnon sign now to join in the summer. Perfect window?

Isnt it more of an either/or thing with Malcom and Moura? From what I see they seem to occupy the same position.

I think we need to cut our losses on Lamela this summer unfortunately. He has been too injury prone.

As much as I love Lamela he is at a point now where were we to sell him I wouldnt lose any sleep.

I really like what he brings, and on form, he is a big player - but that form is always fleeting and he is reaching a point where I wonder if his potential will ever be properly realised.

I'm being greedy I want both. I think Moura for instant impact and Malcom for the future as it looks like he will be a star. That said, Bordeaux have come out again and said that he will not be sold this January.
Lamela has been here a long time, it's not as though he hasn't had time to make an impact, that said (love saying that) he has had a long term injury so bit harsh to include that year amongst his time here.

Back