• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Absolutely should be the number one target we have this window. Sign him and loan him back with a clause to loan him next season to Fulham if they are promoted. Anything to get to the head of the queue but he should be the main priority for the club imo. I am really impressed with a few of the young'uns in the championship and would be very much in favour of signing Brereton from Forest as well.

On similar terms
He will get great experience at forest but their no where near stable enough to get promoted
He reminds me a lot of Kane and sessegnon of Bale

Sanchez has played at Ajax, in a Europa League final. I don’t see why he should be valued in that bracket yet, despite his obvious talent.....

The Championship is superior to the Eredivisie. He is younger, and not just "good for his age" but easily one of the best players in the division.

I dont think the differences are that great. Super high level talent, obvious potential, takes that money to aquire them these days.

I've got a feeling it will take 35m and a lot of Poch involvement. The way to our starting eleven is easy to sell with Rose having his head turned and Davies being 'reliable'.

Just out of interest, is the Fulham right back Fredericks ex Spurs?

I've got a feeling it will take 35m and a lot of Poch involvement. The way to our starting eleven is easy to sell with Rose having his head turned and Davies being 'reliable'.

Just out of interest, is the Fulham right back Fredericks ex Spurs?
Yes he is. I thought he would make it with us and was disappointed that we sold him. Is he playing well?

Yes he is. I thought he would make it with us and was disappointed that we sold him. Is he playing well?

According to some journalists yeah. I haven't seen Fulham live though. He's also eight years Sessegnon's senior, so should be performing at a more mature level.

Agree, was surprised we let him go because I recall him showing plenty of attacking flair in his one brief cameo for our first team. He came on at ht in a Euro cup tie against Anzhi and made several penetrating runs down our right flank into the opposition box, one of which won us a penalty from which we scored. He also put over a whole series of quality crosses, again from one of which iirc Soldado scored a brilliant header. Such was his performance in that 4-1 victory I was quite baffled when we let him go.

Yesterday he had two assists and was heavily involved in another of Fulham's goals. The Sky commentator was creaming himself over the quality of his crosses all game.

Last edited:
Agree, was surprised we let him go because I recall him showing plenty of attacking flair in his one brief cameo for our first team. He came on at ht in a Euro cup tie against Anzhi and made several penetrating runs down our right flank into the opposition box, one of which won us a penalty from which we scored. He also put over a whole series of quality crosses, again from one of which iirc Soldado scored a brilliant header. Such was his performance in that 4-1 victory I was quite baffled when we let him go.

Yesterday he had two assists and was heavily involved in another of Fulham's goals. The Sky commentator was creaming himself over the quality of his crosses all game.

I remember that but don't forget our number one in that position at that time would go on to become the best right back in the World.

The Championship is superior to the Eredivisie. He is younger, and not just "good for his age" but easily one of the best players in the division.

I dont think the differences are that great. Super high level talent, obvious potential, takes that money to aquire them these days.
I don’t see how you can make such a definitive statement. Yes it’s not the strongest league we all know that. But You know for sure Wolves are better than Ajax, PSV, Feyenord? I think not. And like I say Sanchez played in a Europa League final and was given Motm in a lot of places. Sanchez also a fully established international player. Sessegnon hasn’t achieved anywhere near what he has, despite his obvious talents and I don’t think it can put him in the same ball park just just because he’s younger....

If it helps, I THINK the Championship is superior. I am very confident of that. And Sessegnon is performing at similar levels to what Sanchez did, in a harder league, against harder opposition weekly.

Sanchez was in the equivalent to Utd over there, Sessegnon is more like Everton.

He is in a relatively poorer team, in a much stronger league, and is pulling in the same sort of top level performances.

He is also English, having played at all age groups up to U19, winning the U19 Euros and finishing joint top scorer. Im not sure anyone would expect him to be a full international at this point, but I defy anyone who doesnt think he will be.

And, he isnt a CB, he is a LB/LWB/LWF who gets goals, there is always a premium by comparison.

Id say he is easily a £40m player, using Sanchez as a benchmark.

Or it is to cover playing Sessegnon further forward
This!

Interesting to see Fredericks doing well. I never wanted us to sell him. I liked what I saw when he played for us. he needed to defend a little better but he was very good going forward.

I hope the same does not happen to KWP. for me Trippier has dipped a bit this season and Aurier has been eratic. I think KWP could have been playing this season and see us get another youngster into the first team.

As for Sessengon. We need to do all we can to sign him. What ever it takes. he can stay in London, play for a team where he can progress and he knows he will get chances with out manager not just be put in the squad. Rose is going to go soon and Davies whilst reliable is a plodder and does not give us what we need in the wide positions. He cannot even get a cross past the first man.

Our wide play was a major part of our team. With Rose being injured and Walker gone we have lost a lot of that.

I would be happy with a Sessengon and KWP full back partnership going forward. Both young, speedy and good going forward. If we play three at the back we can handle their lack of experience.

When it comes to signings you have to be realistic. We all say “we should sign him” but the player has to want to come to us.

We think we are a big club and the best club for a player to come to, but Liverpool are huge, Arsenal are bigger, Man United are a monster. The size of the club alone is almost what beats us to a signature so whilst we probably want a player, they are probably thinking bigger than us.

Sometimes though we can pull them off. Ooooh matron.

Last edited:
When it comes to signings you have to be realistic. We all say “we should sign him” but the player has to want to come to us.

We think we are a big club and the best club for a player to come to, but Liverpool are huge, Arsenal are bigger, Man United are a monster. The size of the club alone is almost what beats us to a signature so whilst we probably want a player, they are probably thinking bigger than us.

Sometimes though we can pull them off. Ooooh matron.
Remember having a debate on this thread not long ago someone telling me we are a more attractive option than Man U for a young player - just because Poch has developed a few young players doesnt mean we are a bigger pull than one of the biggest clubs in the world all of a sudden. Its not like Mourinho doesnt play any youngsters....

Except, young players dont often get games under Mourinho, and even fewer actually develop.

If you were a young player, looking to build a career, I would personally go to us and Pochettino over Man U and Mourinho every time.

And not because Im a fan. But because we are the highest placed club with an actual business model of developing players just like that.

Because there is a history of players coming through here and building careers. Some quite modest, some at much bigger teams.

If I went to Spurs, spent 3 years developing at the business end of the league, in europe, in a real unified environment, then I would be well positioned to move onto somewhere like Utd as the finished article, as a starting player on ridiculous money.

Or, alternatively, I could go to Utd, barely play, get slagged by the manager for not actually being senior and experienced, have no input from him in developing me as a player... but its great because Utd are big and that...

Back