• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yes I'm a nerd but I don't care - finally finished tidying the PC

Ralphy Coates

Reto Ziegler
Anyone else 'build' their own?

d9008a2b.jpg

nah!.. usual tried to join in and talk as if I know what the fudge I was talking about. :p

Which us women like to do.

Yeah built my own last year but it's nowhere near as clean looking as yours... My cable management has room for improvement. But looking to get a new case, along with some other upgrades, soon.

Whats the spec of your one?

Yeah built my own last year but it's nowhere near as clean looking as yours... My cable management has room for improvement. But looking to get a new case, along with some other upgrades, soon.

Whats the spec of your one?

Answering that I really will be outing myself as a total nerdlinger. In fairness I have never ever spent so much time on cabling before, I've had time on my hands the last 2 weeks.

Always built my own PCs tho, cheaper and better than buying from shop.

Spec: 2500k @ 4.5ghz, gtx 580 (custom cooler, looks fugly but is very quiet which is my main concern), p8z68 mobo, 16GB ram, m4 ssd, 1tb storage. u2711 display.

Never watercooled, very expensive and unless you are entering overclocking competitions or some such I see little point. Air is just as quiet and is far more user friendly.

I'll post pics of mine later, but it's nothing all that special.
I see you've got the SSD in there, how's that treating you so far?

I also see that the CPU heatsink barely clears your case. Looks tidy, but like edgey said, we want specs!
edit: right as I post this, you post the specs... derp

I'll post pics of mine later, but it's nothing all that special.
I see you've got the SSD in there, how's that treating you so far?

I also see that the CPU heatsink barely clears your case. Looks tidy, but like edgey said, we want specs!
edit: right as I post this, you post the specs... derp

Been building rigs for 10 years, single best upgrade I have ever seen in that time. I cannot live without one now.

The one you see in the photo is going in my laptop and I am treating myself to a Corsair pro model which has incredible write speeds, perfect for a windows boot drive.

Just to point pout I watched these on Youtube, hence the radiator, cooling system comment

so there

smiley-sticking-tongue-out_1843.gif

Don't give it the Charlize Big Baps with me!

This is a heatsink that men use for men stuff
Profile-Type-Heat-Sink-High-Powered-Tooth-BX-Series.jpg

This is a radiator, that *ahem* women use, for drying socks and pants
544px-Radiator.svg.png

And this is a supergeek device, used by people with no social life to help cool their gear whilst cyber fapping
product2-s.jpg

Answering that I really will be outing myself as a total nerdlinger. In fairness I have never ever spent so much time on cabling before, I've had time on my hands the last 2 weeks.

Spec: 2500k @ 4.5ghz, gtx 580 (custom cooler, looks fugly but is very quiet which is my main concern), p8z68 mobo, 16GB ram, m4 ssd, 1tb storage. u2711 display.

Never watercooled, very expensive and unless you are entering overclocking competitions or some such I see little point. Air is just as quiet and is far more user friendly.

Very nice! I'm relatively new to the PC building game as this was only my 2nd rig. But totally agree you can get more powerful PC if you build yourself for less than a prebuilt PC.

I agree water cooling seems far to expensive and just an enthusiasts sub hobby to PC building. But there's some very good Water Cooling blocks like the Corsair H50, H60, H70, H80, H100 series. Starting at bout £60-£100 they cool better than an air cooled fan in the same price range and just as easy to install. But like you say, if your not overclocking there's no real need for a beastly cooler.
I'm still running a stock cooler on mine (till i get a H60) and had no problems yet as i don't overclock.

My set up is:
Intel i7 960
6GB RAM
GTX 570 (MSi Twinfrozr III)
1TB Hard drive
Blu-ray drive (DVD/CD Re-write)
750W PSU

All in a NZXT M59 case.

Looking to upgrade to the Corsair600T white case and another 6GB of RAM as it's rather cheap at the mo. And of course the H60 to replace my stock cooler.

Will get a few pics up of before and after when i get it

that is obscene!
what the hell are you using it for!?!??

longest ever games of FM with ALL the leagues and a large DB?

if you dont mind me asking - what was the total cost?

I tried watercooling once about 7 years ago... it was difficult, as I had a leak and screwed my motherboard up. Needless to say, lots of testing is needed before finally putting the water-cooling system in your PC.
At my place of work, I have access to CNC machines and was able to machine my own waterblock from copper. This was more of a project or hobby rather than trying to pump as many mhz as possible from my CPU. I used a car radiator, but it's rather large and I will have to get creative in mounting it to my case.

The kits edgey mentioned seem like decent options, though. They're affordable and come in a variety of sizes that should scale to your needs.

My custom-built is:
Core i7 - 4600K @ 4ghz
GTX 570
8GB RAM
Corsair SSD
1TB WD HD
Corsair 750W PSU

And if you think you're a nerd, you should see my monitor. It's the 27" Asus one that came out in December. I don't use the 3D much, but the effect is pretty damn good. Unfortunately, 3D doesn't work with FM (not that they need to make that game any more exciting...)

Very nice! I'm relatively new to the PC building game as this was only my 2nd rig. But totally agree you can get more powerful PC if you build yourself for less than a prebuilt PC.

I agree water cooling seems far to expensive and just an enthusiasts sub hobby to PC building. But there's some very good Water Cooling blocks like the Corsair H50, H60, H70, H80, H100 series. Starting at bout ?ú60-?ú100 they cool better than an air cooled fan in the same price range and just as easy to install. But like you say, if your not overclocking there's no real need for a beastly cooler.
I'm still running a stock cooler on mine (till i get a H60) and had no problems yet as i don't overclock.

My set up is:
Intel i7 960
6GB RAM
GTX 570 (MSi Twinfrozr III)
1TB Hard drive
Blu-ray drive (DVD/CD Re-write)
750W PSU

All in a NZXT M59 case.

Looking to upgrade to the Corsair600T white case and another 6GB of RAM as it's rather cheap at the mo. And of course the H60 to replace my stock cooler.

Will get a few pics up of before and after when i get it

Yeah post some pics, would be nice to see your setup. I love pretty much everything I have from from Corsair tho I am not interested personally in a self enclosed water cooler - they are very effective from what I have read.

Fully modular PSU, that is all. :)

that is obscene!
what the hell are you using it for!?!??

longest ever games of FM with ALL the leagues and a large DB?

if you dont mind me asking - what was the total cost?

What part is obscene? The RAM is way OTT for standard usage but there is a reason I have it.

The CPU is mid range and I bought a top graphics card because my screen is a very high resolution (1600p or very close to)

It is not for playing FM, tho it is for playing battlefield 3 and occasional video editing.

Just the box was probably over a grand but I didn't buy all in one go, I tend to upgrade rather than throw away and start again. I resell a lot or hand down to my family.

I don't mean to sound old before my time but meh I'm 28, I cba to go out on the lash every weekend anymore. I rather spend my money on a hobby like football, computers, golf etc

I tried watercooling once about 7 years ago... it was difficult, as I had a leak and screwed my motherboard up. Needless to say, lots of testing is needed before finally putting the water-cooling system in your PC.
At my place of work, I have access to CNC machines and was able to machine my own waterblock from copper. This was more of a project or hobby rather than trying to pump as many mhz as possible from my CPU. I used a car radiator, but it's rather large and I will have to get creative in mounting it to my case.

The kits edgey mentioned seem like decent options, though. They're affordable and come in a variety of sizes that should scale to your needs.

My custom-built is:
Core i7 - 4600K @ 4ghz
GTX 570
8GB RAM
Corsair SSD
1TB WD HD
Corsair 750W PSU

And if you think you're a nerd, you should see my monitor. It's the 27" Asus one that came out in December. I don't use the 3D much, but the effect is pretty damn good. Unfortunately, 3D doesn't work with FM (not that they need to make that game any more exciting...)

Machining your own waterblock! Okay you are on a different level to me! I have dabbled in modding but not like that :)

What model PSU and SSD have you got? Would love to see some pics. Nice CPU, my mobo will take ivybridge so I'll probably get an i7 when it drops.

Back