• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Worse day out you can think of

Worst day out I've ever had was at the Tate Modern when I was around 12. Even at that age I could tell what a load of **** modern art is, it actually really wound me up that they were basically picking random things and classing it as art.

One of the displays was a stereo speaker in a glass cabinet which every 10 seconds or so played a sound of a pig grunting. Apparently that was art.

Then there was some 'artistic video', done by CIG or something like that, of a naked caveman chasing a naked cave woman, then pinning her to the ground and proceeding to commit cannibalism on her. Was just sick and disgusting!

Then there was some painting by Picasso which, if I remember rightly, were random yellow sploges on a piece of paper. Like he had some left over paint and just lobbed it on to get rid of it. Some foreign tourists were gasping at it in awe like there was something special about it.

Pretentious arseholes most of them, have not got a clue what they are looking at but by drooling over they believe they are wise. It was a closed viewing that I went to and I have never met so many guys who have their head up their arses.

Pretentious arseholes most of them, have not got a clue what they are looking at but by drooling over they believe they are wise. It was a closed viewing that I went to and I have never met so many guys who have their head up their arses.

Yeah there's a lot of snobbery to it, the kind of people who will say that you're just not sophisticated enough to understand the beauty and thought that went into it, when really they have no idea themselves what the hell it is!

Yeah there's a lot of snobbery to it, the kind of people who will say that you're just not sophisticated enough to understand the beauty and thought that went into it, when really they have no idea themselves what the hell it is!

In the early 70's I run a couple of clubs and had to go to a lot of openings, I used to laugh at the general consenus that unless you drank wine at these gatherings you were not worthy. As you say snobbery but they thought holding a wine glass gave you some credos.

I like modern art and would love to go to the Dali Museum. I would rather die than go to a Friends festival though.

Well I guess someone has too ;), serious though Stop! Hammer time and if you really like it that's good. Most of the people I have met at these do's are there to be seen and not for the fun of it.

You get some looking at a painting that looks like someone has dropped a can of paint by mistake and then go into a orgasm of joy explaining what it is supposed to mean.

Well I guess someone has too ;), serious though Stop! Hammer time and if you really like it that's good. Most of the people I have met at these do's are there to be seen and not for the fun of it.

You get some looking at a painting that looks like someone has dropped a can of paint by mistake and then go into a orgasm of joy explaining what it is supposed to mean.

I've never gone into an orgasm explaining what it is meant to mean. Quite often I have no idea whether it means anything but I enjoy looking at a lot of it and don't see why art should be limited to figurative representations.

I've never gone into an orgasm explaining what it is meant to mean. Quite often I have no idea whether it means anything but I enjoy looking at a lot of it and don't see why art should be limited to figurative representations.

Try telling that to those who are telling everyone in earshot what they believe it to be. But then again I have met a lot or arseholes at football as well so I guess they are everywhere.:)

So we have a weekend up in the smoke. Going to the friends festival today :mad: theatre tonight to see Gypsy with Imelda Staunton and then tomorrow doing the open house thing and getting a tour round the bank of England. I really recommend the open house weekend. Last year we had a tour round the Gherkin and I loved getting to go inside buildings you usually only walk past.

Just really wish I did not have to go to FCUKING friends festival.

So we have a weekend up in the smoke. Going to the friends festival today :mad: theatre tonight to see Gypsy with Imelda Staunton and then tomorrow doing the open house thing and getting a tour round the bank of England. I really recommend the open house weekend. Last year we had a tour round the Gherkin and I loved getting to go inside buildings you usually only walk past.

Just really wish I did not have to go to FCUKING friends festival.
I saw Gypsy when it was in Chi - is that the one with the bird from Sherlock? If so, she's hot in it.

So how'd it go Ben?

Theatre was great even if I am not a big fan of musicals. We have booked up already to go to see Rob Brydon and Kenneth Branagh next March in the painkikker £110 a ticket but worth it to finally see Branagh on the stage.

The open house weekend is lovely and the Tour of the Bank of England was fascinating, the museum of the bank of England is actually open all year round Mon-Fri and I would recommend that, you need to go on the Open House Weekend if you want a tour of the other areas of the Bank.

We then had a walk through Marylebone and went to a farmers market before walking up to Regents park for a picnic where we watched about 30 young and very loud black youths playing charades which was sweet and life affirming.

The hotel we stayed in last night was nice and the trains up and back behaved, the friends festival was as expected for someone who hated that show(I was a fraiser/seinfield man) absolutely appalling and I was surrounded by people I would not tinkle on if they were are on fire.

Theatre was great even if I am not a big fan of musicals. We have booked up already to go to see Rob Brydon and Kenneth Branagh next March in the painkikker £110 a ticket but worth it to finally see Branagh on the stage.

The open house weekend is lovely and the Tour of the Bank of England was fascinating, the museum of the bank of England is actually open all year round Mon-Fri and I would recommend that, you need to go on the Open House Weekend if you want a tour of the other areas of the Bank.

We then had a walk through Marylebone and went to a farmers market before walking up to Regents park for a picnic where we watched about 30 young and very loud black youths playing charades which was sweet and life affirming.

The hotel we stayed in last night was nice and the trains up and back behaved, the friends festival was as expected for someone who hated that show(I was a fraiser/seinfield man) absolutely appalling and I was surrounded by people I would not tinkle on if they were are on fire.

I'm a massive fan of Frasier and have only really watched the first season of Seinfield and I know exactly where you're coming from with these sitcoms.......But I think you're severe dislike of friends is a tad odd, yeah it's bland and remains pretty much in the box but quite a lot of the writing was good and the characters were well developed as well. To keep any show that has such little variety interesting and funny for that long deserves credit I'd say.

Obviously it is your opinion and I do appreciate that, but it's kind of like utterly despising ready salted crisps, or the colour beige, there's just no need! Hope you managed to keep your moaning confined to here rather than actively bitching and dragging your knuckles to negatively affect someone's day.

I'm a massive fan of Frasier and have only really watched the first season of Seinfield and I know exactly where you're coming from with these sitcoms.......But I think you're severe dislike of friends is a tad odd, yeah it's bland and remains pretty much in the box but quite a lot of the writing was good and the characters were well developed as well. To keep any show that has such little variety interesting and funny for that long deserves credit I'd say.

Obviously it is your opinion and I do appreciate that, but it's kind of like utterly despising ready salted crisps, or the colour beige, there's just no need! Hope you managed to keep your moaning confined to here rather than actively bitching and dragging your knuckles to negatively affect someone's day.
I can see where he's coming from. Blandness is a bigger crime than badness to me.

That is a fairly reasonable riposte, I'd say I'm probably the same with music amongst other things so my comment is a bit hypocritical perhaps.

Maybe because it was the first one of it's kind that I saw that for me makes it an odd one to dislike so much, whereas so much of the brick you see these days repeated on particular comedy channels are things that I can't handle. How I met your mother for example is one that I just can't abide for any amount of time.

Hope you managed to keep your moaning confined to here rather than actively bitching and dragging your knuckles to negatively affect someone's day.

You can hope all you want but if I am having a sh*te day then everyone around me is going to have a bad time to and yes I did some deliberate loud and smelly farts(a skill I learnt after having to go to the opera)

Back