• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup QF - France vs Germany

I'm not sure if Lahm is up to the task of running the line any more. He's not played RB consistently for over a year, and fitting back into his old role is something he has said himself is not the easiest thing to do.

He's at least as up to the task as Boateng is I think, a player whose also been playing a different position to that consistently for longer than Lahm has been a central midfielder. With Mustafi out injured (I assume) and Hummels hopefully back for the Germans Boatent returning to right back seems like the obvious choice for Low. The other options are probably Grosskreutz who also isn't a natural right back and Durm whose played most of his Bundesliga football at least as a left back. I suppose Howedes could be shifted across as he's more comfortable at right back than at left back if Durm comes in, but Durm is a 22 year old with one cap...

No perfect option, for me Lahm seems to be comfortably the best option.

BrsW3xOIUAIlDQW.jpg

Brst-cVCYAAUt77.jpg

Would losing to a very impressive looking France side in the quarter finals really be well described as bottling it?

Considering players like Schurrle and their fans and everyone in Germany have said they expect them to win it, then yes I'd call that bottling it. They're better than France.

If Germany go out, then it would all depend on the manner in which they do, whether or not it would be fair to say they bottled it

I'm still intrigued by the stat that something like 9 out of 10 teams that have won after extra time have gone out in the next round. That suggests that because Germany played 120 minutes France might have an edge.

However, thinking about it a bit more the stat might just be because the best teams don't need extra time to win.

This game is a coin-flip for me. Could go either way.

Interesting seeing Klose starting. No Mertesacker and Lahm on the right should improve Germany. France about as strong as they can be.

That FIFA list, ranking the top players of this World Cup, is seriously flawed. I read the list the other day...Messi isn't even in the top 10 in spite of being the only good thing about Argentina this far.

Özil completely **** as usual.

Edit: Just as I post this he gives the ball away again.

France need to start taking more risks, just go for it! The game is approaching the last twenty minutes, so it's now or they're out of the World Cup.

And they bring on a defender for another defender...unless Sakho was injured...WTF!! They should bring on Remy.

Back