• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup QF - France vs Germany

The Germans expended far more energy to get through today, could give France the edge.

Really, I think that France ought to have the edge here. The French team has more pace, a stronger defensive line and actual strikers. That said, Germany do have a knack of churning out results.

France were my smokey and haven't been tested yet. I expect them to win quite easily.

I see a sending off or two........definite controversy anyway

I see a sending off or two........definite controversy anyway

BraaDP0IUAADqtz.jpg

Really, I think that France ought to have the edge here. The French team has more pace, a stronger defensive line and actual strikers. That said, Germany do have a knack of churning out results.

Yeah, France's biggest weakness is that they are French, Germany's greatest strength is that they are German.

I think France can really win it, 2-1 for example. I'm going to support them.
There's no way awful Giroud will start, so it will be 11vs11 from the beginning.
Germany's defence is quite shaky, especially wings with Hoevedes and Mustafi. Although Loew may return Lahm to the RW position.
France is also able to win midfield battle.
Neuer to make something funny. Although he does it in nearly every single match. Maybe heroic, maybe stupid.

Last edited:
Hope for Germany's sake that they will have Hummels back for this one. Seeing the problems Algeria posed for them I think Benzema et al will have a field day if it's Mertesacker and Boateng.

Giroud should not be starting for France and Germany need to stop sucking off guardiola and keep Lahm at right back. If either do not follow my (and probably everyone else's advice) it could be fatal. If they both follow it could be a classic match-up.

Too early for Germany to bottle it, they'll do that in the next round. Dunno who I want to win this, can't stand France but Germany fans are the international equivalent of Liverpool fans, every odd year is "their year" and they always have the best team regardless of any other nation.

Too early for Germany to bottle it, they'll do that in the next round. Dunno who I want to win this, can't stand France but Germany fans are the international equivalent of Liverpool fans, every odd year is "their year" and they always have the best team regardless of any other nation.

Would losing to a very impressive looking France side in the quarter finals really be well described as bottling it?

Depends if Khedira or Schweinsteiger plays. Khedira can match the running of the France midfield but Schweinsteiger will keep the ball better.

I think France will steal a few goals on the break

If Italy are Germany's bogey team, Germany have been France's bogey team over the years as well. So Lloris and France will need more than quality to beat Germany and progress. They will need luck !

would love to see the germans in meltdown mode for a change #Schadenfreude

Careful what you wish for, last time they were in meltdown mode they rebuilt and came back stronger and with a vengeance ;)

Not sure it will be meltdown mode if they lose to another of the so far most impressive teams at the World Cup.

Depends if Khedira or Schweinsteiger plays. Khedira can match the running of the France midfield but Schweinsteiger will keep the ball better.

I think France will steal a few goals on the break

I would go with both along with Kroos in the central trio and Lahm at right back personally.

Germany should also be worried about Griezman who is likely to start on the French left hand side, moving Lahm out there will make them more capable of dealing with him and if Khedira and Schweinsteiger are both fit then they won't suffer much if at all in the centre as a result. And they will get more physicality in the centre of the pitch.

I would go with both along with Kroos in the central trio and Lahm at right back personally.

Germany should also be worried about Griezman who is likely to start on the French left hand side, moving Lahm out there will make them more capable of dealing with him and if Khedira and Schweinsteiger are both fit then they won't suffer much if at all in the centre as a result. And they will get more physicality in the centre of the pitch.

I'm not sure if Lahm is up to the task of running the line any more. He's not played RB consistently for over a year, and fitting back into his old role is something he has said himself is not the easiest thing to do.

Back