• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup QF - Argentina vs Belgium

Verts is not a left back. For Belgium, for Spurs, for whoever, I hope he never plays this position again unless its an absolute one off emergency

He just looks so awkward out there

Verts is not a left back. For Belgium, for Spurs, for whoever, I hope he never plays this position again unless its an absolute one off emergency

He just looks so awkward out there

He's done well at left back this world cup, though mostly on the offensive side. A few very good crosses today, for instance. There was some kind of Fifa stat saying he was among the top five (!) performers in the group stages IIRC.

Still think he's better in central defence though, and that's where we should play him.

I hope today is following yesterday's pattern and the late game will be better than this ****e.

Belgium remind me so much of spurs under AVB - a bit meh.

Then again Argentina have been ****e too

Always have to have these time wasting talking to's from the ref at corners, then exactly the same thing happens from the corner. Get the **** on with it.

One on one and Messi still can't get past Courtois

What a drab game

This WC is going downhill fast

Well at least Messi had a shot during stoppage time

@OptaJoe: 8 - Argentina's last shot on target was in the 8th minute and their last shot in the game in the 55th. Conservative.

Another yawn-fest of a match otherwise though

@OptaJean: 3 - The game between #ARG & #BEL saw 3 shots on target, the lowest tally in a World Cup knockout game since the 1990 final. Cagey.

:yawn:

Fellaini is the Belgian Paulinho. A physical athlete rather than a footballer. Neither can sit in front of the defence and defend. Neither can pass the ball or create anything. And their both sole quality is arriving in the box to finish it.

Belgium obviously still suffering from their game against USA.

The conditions during these early kickoffs are draining on the players. When Argentina sat back to defend their lead Belgium should probably have gone for the long ball sooner. Their midfield couldn't find a way through.

Back