• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group H - Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Belgium and Algeria

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Belgium and Russia

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Belgium and South Korea

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Algeria and Russia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Algeria and South Korea

• Russia and South Korea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello,

For Algeria, we Logically except another display against Korea, no parked bus, but i think that Korea will possess the ball and Algeria will proceed with counter-attacks and air balls.

As hoped and expected, Algeria has brilliantly dismantled the Korean central defense with air balls in the 1st half and quick short passes in the 2nd. Algerian's coach pre-reading of the game was quite good.

Korea now is all but out of the race for the 2nd place. We will have a final against Russia on thursday.

We've been linked with Brahimi the past few weeks, he's looked unreal today, quality finish too

He is close to Sevilla to the best of our knowledge. If there is a player in Algeria who can perfectly fit Tottenham, it would be Feghouli (Number 10).

For Bentaleb, he surprisingly commited some dangerous wrong passes, but was defensively useful. Though, We have heard that Algeria's coach is thinking about benching him for the decider against Russia.

Stupid Russians, idiot Capello ! This was a match Russia could have won easily as Belgium were poor again. Russia were the better side as they created more dangerous chances but annoyingly they wasted them all. They had 3 or 4 open chances which they should have scored, especially the free header in the first half. If Russia had a half decent striker like Pavlyuchenko, they could have won this match by 2 or 3 goals. Don't understand why the idiot Capello didn't start experienced players like Dzagaev and Kerzhakov until late in the match. Also, the ref from Germany was clearly favouring Belgium as he gave all 50-50 decisions to them, including not giving the stonewall penalty to Russia in the first half.

unrulycanineegg.gif

How is that not a penalty as the Belgium defender clearly kicks the Russian players leg, causing him to fall ? I find it strange that a German ref was picked to handle this match when teams from this group are certain to meet Germany in the next round. Felt the ref was giving unfair advantage to Belgium all game, by pulling back all the quick freekicks by Russia but not doing the same for Belgium. In fact, Belgium's goal was scored when 2 Russian players were down injured near the Belgium's goal area. Belgium hardly looked like scoring the whole match up until that moment. It was a boring match without many goal mouth action and 1 goal was always going to decide it. And Russia would have won this match had the penalty been given.

Russians have only themselves to blame as they should have beaten South Korea earlier. Algeria did well to beat South Korea and will be in high morale when they play Russia next. Not sure if Capello can get Russia to beat Algeria to enable them progress.

Last edited:
technically, it is 100% a penalty. but in reality, i think that chances of getting a penalty for that is less than 50%. in real time, it looks like there's a chance the defender nudged the ball. and thats all the excuse the ref needs not to give the penalty. they are just too scared to give game changing decisions. the fact is, if that happend in the middle of the pitch, you would definitely get a freekick. refereering standards really needs to improve. i think the only way that will happen though is if video technology/challenges are introduced.

There have been too many of these poor penalty decisions this tournament. Other than this russia/belgium one, off the top of my head, there was zabaleta/iran, and both feghouli and son heung-min should've had penalties yesterday too.

Fabio has so far lost me the best part of my 20 quid, but if they can beat Algeria and Belgium beat SK, I reckon my 1-2-3 predication comes in.

We've been linked with Brahimi the past few weeks, he's looked unreal today, quality finish too

He really was absolutely immense. Really dynamic and technically outstanding - he retained possession Dembele style on multiple occasions. Scored a great goal - superb committment to pass and move, lovely touch and composure on the finish.

Was really impressed and entertained by Algeria - they looked a proper TEAM with so much quick accurate passing, dribbling tekkers and off the ball movement. Such a refreshing switch up from the clumsy, lethargic, stone age England team.

There was also a referee's mistake in favour of Belgium against Algeria, which concerned the equaliser goal:

61545.jpg

Back