• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yep, i'm the curmudgeon at work not watching england with everyone else, have to get to 5-a-side for 7 so will miss some of the 2nd half anyway

Yeah. Our company has two events, one in the big gigantic boardroom we have and also reserved an area in a bar (about two weeks ago obviously optimistic eh haha) - going to neither - meh. I think most bars etc will be showing the England game...

Bq51U0ZCQAMxBPh.png

I quite like that Italian line-up. Immobile gives them more pace and mobility (ba-dum-tish) up front. More creativity in the centre with Verratti, but still a lot of running next to Pirlo in Verratti and Marchisio. Back 3 that knows how to function as a back 3.

Foster; Jones, Cahill, Smalling, Shaw; Milner, Lampard, Wheelchair, Barkley, Lallana; Sturridge.

Quite incredible that total dross like Smalling, Jones, Foster and Wheelchair are allowed to represent England at a world cup. How embarrassing.

Not getting much news on England over here (unsuprisingly) - is Hodgson safe in his job? If so he's done an extremely effective job convincing a nation/ the FA that we are useless, filthy dogshiit. Dire, just dire at the Euros, clueless and embarrassing at the World Cup. Seems like Hodgson has lowered expectations so far that his bosses are now satisfied with abject failure. Absolutely bizarre.

Oh and also I can't handle this rubbish about giving youngsters a chance. Is Phil Jones suddenly going to improve by 30-35% because he played in a dead rubber group game against Costa Rica? What a joke!

'Playing the kids' is a useful media friendly sound bite in the underperforming Hodgson's (apparently effective) propaganda campaign. Today's game against Costa Rica will have less than fuuck all bearing on World Cup games in 2018; or maybe after we've just received a pasting against Trinidad and Tobago and finished bottom of our group again, we can look back and say "thank fuuck Chris Smalling played against Costa Rica four years ago. If he hadn't we'd have been proper fuucked." To which the reply will be Chris Who? The answer being, "y'know that guy on the bench for Sheffield Wednesday." Complete joke.

Last edited:
Oh and also I can't handle this rubbish about giving youngsters a chance. Is Phil Jones suddenly going to improve by 30-35% because he played in a dead rubber group game against Costa Rica? What a joke!

'Playing the kids' is a useful media friendly sound bite in the underperforming Hodgson's (apparently effective) propaganda campaign. Today's game against Costa Rica will have less than fuuck all bearing on World Cup games in 2018; or maybe after we've just received a pasting against Trinidad and Tobago and finished bottom of our group again, we can look back and say "thank fuuck Chris Smalling played against Costa Rica four years ago. If he hadn't we'd have been proper fuucked." To which the reply will be Chris Who? The answer being, "y'know that guy on the bench for Sheffield Wednesday." Complete joke.

Too true but it'll keep some sweet.

True. but i still think the team selection is correct for today (for reasons other than "improving, or giving experience to kids").
might as well let everyone get a game, since we're already out.

Frank Lampard really bothers me.. But I don't really know why.. He never used to bother me..Not even sure when this happened.

Gaudin the star man for Uruguay, should not be on the pitch today, should've been off against Eng…blah blah blah, whine whine, get over it Steff...

Both games just so average…my GHod, this Italy Uruguay game is just grindingly average…

It is - I dozed off for a few mins it was that bad - the commentating in a tv room atmosphere doesnt help either.

I am sure second half will be better - the onus is on Uruguay to win they have to win.

Back