• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good to hear. It doesn't do anyone any favours when people like Tony Gale, Danny Murphy and Harry Redknapp say things like we shouldn't fear Colombia, Argentina, Brazil etc, they should fear us.

His real point was a complete cultural failing to encourage players to retain possession.

Replace " GET RID OF IT ", with " PROTECT IT ", and we will see a sea change from panic to taking responsibility from day 1.

BBC News - England fan has piece of ear 'bitten off' at World Cup
An England football supporter had a piece of his ear bitten off by another England fan at the World Cup in Brazil.

The assault happened during England's match against Uruguay in Sao Paulo on 19 June, British police deployed to the tournament have said.

Local officers started an investigation after the fan made a complaint but the assailant has not been identified.

...Football blogger Billy Grant was at the Arena de Sao Paulo at the time and became aware of the incident when he heard arguing.

"All of a sudden, he [the attacker] just laid into this guy, and everyone starts saying: 'What's going on?'

"I thought he was actually Uruguayan because I thought he was probably caught in the middle of the England fans, somebody probably said something to him and he hit back."

He said he later heard a woman crying and saying: "Oh my GHod, I can't believe he's done that."

Mr Grant said he asked another fan what had happened: "We said 'what's going on mate, that Uruguayan, what was going on?'

"And the guy said: 'He wasn't Uruguayan, he was English, and he racially abused my mate here and he bit his ear off.'"

[video=youtube;wym_gCnNhPs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wym_gCnNhPs[/video]

Back