• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group B - Australia, Chile, Netherlands, Spain

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Australia and Chile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia and Netherlands

• Australia and Spain

• Chile and Netherlands

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Chile and Spain

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Netherlands and Spain

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do you think Sergio Ramos' Chinese character tattooed behind his left ear means? I'm stumping for "walking red card."

BriefWhirlwindAfricanrockpython.gif

I assume you mean World Cup? Greece win the most negative in their Euro victory IMO.

I always forget Greece but Greece was more tolerable to me just because they never had the quality to go that far without being negative. Spain on the other hand could have played much better football but still played snooze-style.

****ing hell. What a night in Sydney. We weren't even expected to score a goal, let alone come very close to beating the Nethlands (who just beat Spain 5-1.) Immensely proud...but gutted too. A few crucial things - Davidson not stepping up to keep van Persie on side; Tommy Oar's ridiculous cross to Leckie, then to watch them go down the other end, no one close down Depay and Ryan let the shot through his fingers.

It's so often "what if" with Australia (Italy penalty in 2006, red cards in 2010). We just don't have the quality at the moment, but there are some really positive signs - let's turn Spain over and then win the Asian Cup on home soil.

Oh and what a ****ing good World Cup this is. Absolutely loving every minute.

funny to see Xavi dropped.. there are people out there who think he's better than Pirlo :ross:

He's finished, sadly. End of an era. His next club will be Al Arabi in Qatar, 8m euros per year. The mighty Qatar Stars League, where legends go to graze in the sunshine.

He's finished, sadly. End of an era. His next club will be Al Arabi in Qatar, 8m euros per year. The mighty Qatar Stars League, where legends go to graze in the sunshine.

If Raul is getting similar, that would be 2 million per goal he scored this season.

In 4 years, Leckie, Oar and others will be established. We'll probably be as good as we were in 2006 again. Looking back, that was a bloody good team. Player for player little between that and England now.

The goal from here needs to be to maintain that level of quality over a generation. Not leave such a dearth like when Viduka, Kewell, etc retired.

Be a consistent threat to make the knockouts. Maybe a QF appearance in the next 20 years. Win an Asian Cup.

Johnny Warren said we shouldn't ask when we're going to qualify, but when are we going to win the whole thing? I believe one day we will. It might be 50 years from now, but the way to get there is keep on improving, little by little. We went backwards after 06, no doubt. But I think structures are in place to move forward and in Ange we have a coach who can nurture a team best.

Australia impressed fans all over the world. Rather poor technically, they gave everything on the pitch and fought so bravely. Tim Cahill is also a legend. It's pitty he won't play against Spain.
Many fans from Russia admired Australia's team for passion and devotion. Huge respect.

Back